Grave Robbers' Chronicles - 盗墓笔记

of bold and hues║portfolio

I think my photoshop and I can agree on one thing:

Big graphics is a no-no

*says that and drops two desktop wallpaper*
PS just lags so badly when I do graphics of this size due to the amount of colouring I use.

If you have the patience, scroll down to find out what the text on the wallpaper meant.
Open in new tab for full size.

 

Has anyone noticed that eye-candy over there on the right? dayum (no? he's not cute for you? s'okay. I can have him all to myself)
In case you're wondering who he is, he's a Chinese actor called 杨洋.

A little backstory about the wallpapers:
My friend persuaded me to watch a chinese show called 盗墓笔记.
(also known as The Grave Robbers' Chronicles / Daomu)

I seriously got addicted to the series and that was all I could talk about for days on end.
I then started reading the book but since it was in chinese, it was SO difficult to read (cause I don't practice my mother tongue :P)

And also, these two guys are one of the most popular ships in China (ship name: Pingxie / 瓶邪)
In the novel, their story was really sad (though it's not BL but there were so many touching quotes)
speaking of quotes - I used one of the quotes in the graphic!
Directly translated: Even if you were to disappear, at least I will notice.
The context behind the quote:
The guy on the right said, 'I'm a guy with no past or future. All I wanted was to know the reason for my existence. Where do I come from? Why do I exist? I'm sure you can imagine that for a person like me, even if I were to disppear from the face of the earth, nobody will notice. Just like I never existed in this world before. Sometimes, I look at my reflection in the mirror and wonder if I really exists. Or am I just a shadow?'

The guy on the left says, 'It's not as extreme as you said because if you were to disappear, at least I would notice.'

With my bad translation, I'm sure you guys felt nothing HAHAHA
But my friend and I really liked that quote from the series. (along with many others)
So my friend requested for a wallpaper after knowing that I photoshop -.-
This is her current wallpaper: link
There's so much pressure to make this beautiful cause I would feel like I'm shortchanging her ;A;

I gave her a little preview of a draft version and she wanted to add a skeleton in it since it would be in line with the series (cause they're basically venturing into tombs LOL) thus the second version. I personally prefer the second version XD

If you survived reading through this mess of words, I salute you.
Anyone interested to watch the show, you can ask me for the link (it has eng subs)

For the two lovely artists that I'm doing collabs with, I'm so sorry for not doing my part T_T excuse being project submissions plus this personal request.
For those wondering about the promised tutorial as mentioned in the previous post, y'all can shoot me. I'm getting to it in the next few days :')

My next few graphics will be more of 杨洋-centered graphics as well as TakuJae (The Lover) graphics.

PS. anybody watched the korean drama The Lover? It's rated 19 so ya, don't watch if you're below it. For those above, I highly recommend this one! It's hilarious and down-to-earth.

 

I think I just wrote a story o_O
*creeps away*