...

Box

     "Tao, come in here for a second," Kris' voice floated through the air of the apartment. "I have a present for you."

     "There's still at least three weeks left until Christmas, you know." The younger male shot back, focusing on slicing the cabbage he was preparing for dinner as orderly as he could.

     "Just get in here- the food can wait."

     Tao rolled his eyes, wondering what dumb thing his boyfriend had plotted this time, but nonetheless set the knife down on the counter. Grabbing a towel to wipe off his hands, he made his way to the bedroom.

     "What is it this..." Tao faltered in the doorway as soon as he saw the taller male sitting on the bed. "...time." Kris grinned.

     There, covered in red wrapping paper and tied with a shiny green bow, was a box.

     Sitting on Kris' lap.

     Pressed against his crotch.

     More precisely (and more importantly)- pressed against the "Not-So-Mini Mini Kris" that Tao had come to familiarize himself with over the past few months he and Kris had been dating.

     Kris' pants were also ped.

     "Merry Christmas, babe!" Kris cheered, leaning back on his hands. He raised a brow cockily (no pun intended). "Do you like?"

     A second of silence passed. Then two. Then five. Kris gave his partner a look.

     "Uh, Tao-" Before the male could continue, Tao's towel hit him straight in the face.

     "You are so ridiculous, oh my God." Tao let out an exasperated cry, cheeks flushing in embarrassment. "I can't believe you just ' in a box'ed me." Quickly, he turned around to make his way back to the kitchen.

     "Wait, where are you-" Kris flung the towel to the side as he stood, grabbing the box from his lap. He fumbled over his feet as he stepped towards the doorway, one hand gripping his pants to keep them from falling. He shook the box in the air. "Look, it wasn't even attached- it's empty!"

     Tao had already resumed his previous position at the kitchen counter. Kris caught up to the younger male after placing the box to the side, arms immediately encircling his waist as he set his chin on the younger's shoulder.

     "I'm sorry." Kris pursed his lips in a pout. Tao let out a laugh.

     "I don't even know what you're apologizing for," He paused. "Besides the fact that that was such a lame idea." Tao chuckled, letting his own arms entangle themselves with the other's. "You're so corny."

     "I know." Kris huffed, blowing warm air on to his boyfriend's ear. "It wouldn't have even worked out either way."

     Tao couldn't see the smirk grow on the elder's lips.

     "That box is way too small for me."