Final

It started with a whisper (and that was when i kissed her)

 

 

Jongdae chose to seat at the back row of the bus before the other high schoolers get it. He tries to fix his hair using the glass window as his mirror as he curse Chanyeol under his breath because he’s forced to stay up late to finish the last mission on GTA V Online till 2am and now he’s running late

The school bell just ringed and thankfully for Jongdae , he got in the classroom before their homeroom teacher.

“Psst.”

Jongdae turns to look at his back only to see Jongin and Chanyeol grinning stupidly at him.

“What,”

“The Pacific is finding new members…”

Jongdae’s eyes widened at this, “You serious man?”

Jongin nods enthusiastically, “Yep! Jonghyun, Minho and Sungmin sunbae left the team because you know, college life getting in the way.”

“The audition is later, six PM at The Pacific,” Chanyeol pipes in with a grin that makes his left eye twitch, “you in?”

 “Oh you bet I am!”

“Park Chanyeol, Kim Jongin, Kim Jongdae! Are the three of you interested in signing up for detention?” their teacher, Ms. Lee, exclaims with killing daggers pointed at them making the three straight up immediately.

 

                                                                     Ϟ

 

 

The Pacific. Every boy in Seoul knows them. They’re a group of top-notch, professional gamers that fight against other teams in South Korea and the other countries. In Korea, they are the best team because they never lose the first place ever since they’re established. Everyone in the team is certified gamers, as if the black bags under their eyes don’t tell it enough.

After the classes are done, they head straight to The Pacific Net Café - a PC-bang, because it’s that big – along with the other boys from their school. When they arrived, the door sign says it’s closed but the whole shop is packed. They signed up immediately so they won’t be the last in line.

“Welcome everyone!” one of the members of the pacific named Taemin greets with an excited grin that stretched wide on his face, “Group up, three each team! We’ll be playing Black Ops. Whoever doesn’t have any idea about the game can leave. That’s it! Let the games begin!”

Everyone in the room howled in excitement. The six computers in the center of the room, three are facing against each other light up. Of course, Jongdae, Chanyeol and Jongin teams up together.

The winning team will continue and beat the next till the end of the players, if they lose, the next winning team will be the one to continue. It’s always like that, it’s pretty hard and tiring but it’s worth it once you got through.

It’s the trios’ turn. They shared a bro-fist pump first before sitting on the swivel chair. Jongdae cracks his knuckles before logging into his account and joining the Death Match. Chanyeol and Jongin are already there using their best guns. The other players seemed to be intimidated when they saw his AK74u.

Jongdae smirked.

Their team work is the best as always and the next thing the audience knows is that there are only three teams left for them to beat. Jongdae, Jongin and Chanyeol killed the seven teams already in a span of two hours and the last teams got obviously nervous.

Taemin howled when the last team got shoot down, the trio cheered for their victory, “Welcome to The Pacific, boys!” he greets and hugged each of them.

The other members welcomed them too, the losers left with the murmurs, “they’re so good.” “We could’ve practiced our team work too.” And “we can try out for the next chance.”

“Hey boys,” a female greeted amidst their happy howls and greets. All of them turned around to see a petite girl still wearing her school uniform standing with a bright smile.

“Hi Joonmyun!” the boys greeted in unison except the new members but they smiled and waved. They never knew this girl; they only know the guy members.

“Oh, by the way, she’s one of us too. She just got in last year.” Jungkook says helpfully with a grin, clearing the new members’ confusion.

Jongdae just stood there, his mouth gaping a little in astonishment.

Joonmyun, she looks perfect from head to toe and damn that smile is a killer and she’s also a member of The Pacific. Wow just… wow. If she isn’t perfect enough Jongdae will happily take and love her.

“Hey, are you ok?” Joonmyun asked with a worried tone, eyeing his face making Jongdae snap back to his senses.

“Oh, uh s-sorry.”

“Silly,” the girl giggles softly,  Jongdae died on the inside, “Your name?”

“Jongdae.”

“Jongdae. Ok, see you tomorrow!” she says with a bright smile and a pat on his shoulder before she struts her way to his mates.

“Well, that was smooth.” Jongin remarks with a eating grin earning him a jab on his ribcage.

“Shut up.” Jongdae mumbles making Chanyeol’s laugh get a little louder as they make their way out of the café.

 

 

Ϟ

 

 

Jongdae pours an additional amount of tomato ketchup on his McBurger before munching on it. Jongin looks at him disgustingly as always and makes a face when the ketchup drips from the side.

“Jesus. Jongdae, when are you going to grow up?”

“When the horses grew horns on their head.” He answers sarcastically and jams a few pieces of fries in his mouth.

They have a meeting with the Pacifics at five PM but before that they head to the nearest fast food chain.

“Jongdae,” Chanyeol whines, his coke float half finished when he placed it down the messy table, “I think Baekhyun is in a relationship.”

“Huh,”

“She just tweeted a love quote! And, and I don’t think it’s me because we never talked!” he wails helplessly, he stuffs his phone back in his pocket with a pout, “I’m hopeless.”

“Pretty obvious,” Jongdae mumbles and finishes his burger earning him a punch on the shoulder, “Ow! Dammit, go talk to her!”

“But, she’s from another school!”

“No buts, I’m telling Taemin hyung to kick you out of the team if you don’t ask her out.” Jongin threatens making his friends raise their eyebrows in confusion, “What? We’re friends…”

 

When the trio arrived at the net shop, Taemin brightens up and runs to Jongin for a big bear hug. They weren’t just friends, but best friends.

“How…?”

“Oh, we dance at the same studio during weekends.” Taemin answers, his arm slung around Jongin’s neck, “Were you hiding about our relationship, Jongin-ah?” he asked, feigning a hurt expression, “I thought you love me!”

Jongin immediately pushes his hyung away, “You’re disgusting!” Taemin laughed.

“Hey newbies!” greets Joonmyun from behind Taemin with a bright smile, she has her black hair tied up into a fish tail and she’s only wearing a pair of chuck taylors, tracks pants and a simple graphic tee. Jongdae’s pet pterodactyls flaps their wings uncontrollably again, “Jongdae!”

“Oh please don’t tell me we also have another secret friendship here.” Chanyeol spoke exasperatedly making Joonmyun laugh.

“Oh no! I heard from the sunbaes he works great with his AK47u! That gun is the best and I use it too!” she exclaims excitedly now standing next to Jongdae, “I’m glad we’re on the same page! Those losers don’t know what they’re using!”

Jongdae gulps down the nervousness that is about to spill from his mouth and stretches a smile, “Really? That’s cool. I never expected that you… well…”

Joonmyun laughs - oh boy I think im going to melt, “Expect for the unexpected. Come on!” she says cheerfully and leads the way to their meeting area.

Jongdae has his eyes on Joonmyun most of the time, he can’t help it, every time she laughs along with the guys after a dumb joke her eyes will shape into small crescents with wrinkles on the side. She’s just so pretty.

“Kyunhyun hyung watched your game last night and… who was Lightning21?” Jongdae raised his hands, “Man, he likes you!”

Jongdae received nudges from his friends and he almost melted when he saw Joonmyun smiling at him.

“Actually this meeting is for the upcoming game night, two weeks from now, us against the Empire. It’s a yearly competition. It’s on a Saturday, four PM impronto. Got it?” Kyuhyun announced – he is the leader of the group after Yunho, the establisher, passed it onto him two years ago.

“Got it!” the members answered in unison.

Before the meeting officially ends, they all exchanged numbers and facebook, too, for communication purposes, of course.

 

Jongdae opens his GTA V Online to pass time since Jungkook, Jongin and Taemin volunteered in buying them some food to chomp down while playing while Chanyeol is still busy stalking Baekhyun’s sns, he doesn’t have anyone to play with.

His avatar is wearing the creepy bunny mask that he always wear to scare Chanyeol whenever they play together in the middle of the night. Jongdae would crack up when the taller guy jumps on his seat.

“Hey, you playing that too?” asks Joonmyun from behind him, “Join our crew!”

“Sure.” Jongdae answers in agreement, the latter opens the other PS3. After connecting with each other, they met at the beach.

For the past thirty minutes, with Kyuhyun glancing at them time to time when the two bursts out laughing, they’ve accomplished all of the things in their list. One of them is going to a gay bar and starting a fight with a drag queen that ends up being a man suddenly, another one is climbing up the highest mountain using a bike but failed miserably when they both fell down the cliff and lastly is blocking the highway with a tank and making all of the cramped up cars explode.

“Sadistic kids,” Kyuhyun commented when he passed by the two.

Jongin and the other guys finally arrived with their food, everyone chomped down on the Subway sandwiches and fries but the two seems to be too immersed in the game.

“Since the three of you left, they’ve been killing innocent people and laughing at the bloodied bodies.” Kyuhyun groans with his mouth still full, “They’re scary, I swear.”

Jongin glances at them; the food between Jongdae and Joonmyun is still untouched.

“Yah, where the hell are you Jongdae?” asks Joonmyun who’s busy finding the other.

“I’m here!” he answers and pops out behind the wall; he then shoots Joonmyun’s character square on the head using a shotgun.

There’s the ‘wasted’ word on Joonmyun’s screen, “What the hell, you !” she exclaims, slapping the other on the shoulder

Jongdae is laughing hysterically on his seat, “I finally accomplished it!”

Joonmyun huffs in her seat with a frown, “I’m so going to get you.”

True to her words, Jongdae is killed multiple times in everywhere they go, Joonmyun cracking up in her seat everytime Jongdae groans, “Why.”

It’s already nine PM and the boys start to go home one by one, Jongdae and Joonmyun’s food is eaten by the other boys much to their chagrin.

“It’s fun playing with you Jongdae, see you!” Joomyun says with a wide smile before going on her own way, waving goodbye.

“Take care!” Jongdae shouts after her with a wide grin.

“Well, if you’d look at that,” Chanyeol says, putting his lanky arm around Jongdae’s neck and Jongin does the same and starts tracing their steps to the bus station.

“…time for Kim Jongdae to start his moves.” Jongin adds with a stupid grin.

“Will you two stop?” Jongdae huffs indignantly, pink spreading on his cheeks.

“Never,” the two answered in unison.

“Curse the both of you,”

 

Ϟ

 

 

“Whoever loses will throw a party for the winner,” Jongup – the young leader of the Empire – bets with a determined look on his face. Everyone murmurs their agreement and it’s a closed deal.

Their game for the day is COD Ghosts, the Cranked mode is on. It’s a mode but everyone is determined to win this game.

Kyuhyun killed someone from the other team at the first three minutes, and he’s given thirty-second speed boosts.

“ .” Kyunhyun mutters under his breath when he can’t kill someone, after the thirty seconds full of fail attempts, he exploded, “Urgh.”

Joonmyun breezed through the game, killing one after another, being the COD expert of the group she is. If the Empire is intimidated by a member, it’s definitely Joonmyun although she’s a girl. She’s pretty scary. Another addition to their hate list is the newbie Jongdae who’s always behind Joonmyun’s back. It’s their game plan, both backing each other up.

The Pacific is nearing 200 points making the other team panic. They can’t believe they’re losing another game with them again.

“two-hundred!” Taemin exclaimed when they finally reached the quota score. The Empire groaned in disappointment.

Jongup stands up from his seat with a smile, “Good game as usual guys! And oh, Jongdae, Jongin and… Chanyeol right?” the three nodded, “Welcome! Hope I’ll see your faces frequently! It’s a fun game!” the guys from the other team nods in agreement, grinning at the new boys, “Anyways, Kyu hyung, it’s at the usual place. Just tell me the other deets.”

Kyuhyun nods in agreement, “We got to go. It’s nine PM and I have to take my kids home.” He says in a fatherly like manner, glancing at the five high schoolers in his team with a teasing smile. They sent him a glare.

“Aboji! Take us to the ramen shop first!” Taemin starts, his lips into a pout in an attempt of aegyo but Kyuhyun just flipped him off making everyone laugh. He harrumphs with a roll of his eye, trying to save his image mumbling the lines ‘my aegyo is effective and I’m cute, thank you very much.’

“Hey, let’s all take a group picture! Yearly ritual,” Jongkook announced with a grin, holding up his precious ipad.

Everyone scurries up to take a place, squeezing in with each other in hope to see their faces on the camera to be posted on facebook for their fans to see. Jongdae is pressed up next to Joonmyun, he tries his best to move away his chest so the latter won’t feel how his heart beats so fast. Joonmyun holds up the classic peace sign and a smile, he does the same, now their faces inches closer and he doesn’t know what is air anymore.

 Jongkook runs to the front, lying down on his stomach because there’s no more space left for him, “five, four, three, two, one, Kimchi!” after that, they bid their goodbyes and loads into the car.

 

Kyuhyun dropped everyone by their net café and waved goodbye before he drives off the van. The boys went on to their own ways, probably going home since it’s past nine PM. Joonmyun waved goodbye and starts to walk but Jongdae catches up with her.

“Hey!”

Joonmyun slows a little and smiled when Jongdae finally falls in step with her, “Oh, hey. This is not your way home right?”

“Uh,” Jongdae scratched his nape with a smile, “eomma asked me to buy milk and cheese for breakfast.” He lied, just for the sake of it.

The latter nodded in understanding, “Ok.”

As they walk, they started to talk about random things, laughing at this and that and how Jongin sleeps with his mouth hanging open. Joonmyun stopped walking that’s when Jongdae realized that they finally stopped in front Joonmyun’s house.

“This is me.” Joonmyun says with a small smile, her toes scratching against the pavement, “Good night.”

Jongdae nods and smiled, “Night to you too. I’m going.” He waves and started to walk straight, not knowing where to go because he’s sure they passed by the nearest mini mart. Jongdae looks back and thankfully, Joonmyun is not there anymore. He turns back on his heels and retraced his steps back, whistling innocently, his hands tucked inside his jeans.

As he walks, humming a jolly song he heard from Jungkook’s playlist earlier, his phone vibrated in his pocket. Jongdae frowned and grabbed his phone only to see a message that came from Joonmyun.

From: Joonmyun

So sweet of you, Kim Jongdae. You liar. Thanks for walking me home! (:

Jongdae blushed in embarrassment but lets out a small laugh. He stuffs his phone back in his pocket and continues walking with a little spring under his shoes.

 

Ϟ

 

“…I’m so good at it aren’t i?” Joonmyun grins, stuffing with nachos dipped in guacamole. Jongdae rolls his eyes, throwing a piece of nacho to the girl’s face, hitting her square on the forehead. He laughs and pinches her nose when she scrunched it up cutely. She’s just so proud of being the best in COD among the guys.

“Don’t be so cocky, little girl.”

Maybe a month is already enough to safely say that yes, I’m really in love. But really, does time really needs to be measured to show how much you love someone? Jongdae huffs at the thought, dipping the piece of nacho in the sauce and puts it in his mouth, chewing slowly. Girls are a little cautious, so he wouldn’t really blame Joonmyun if she’ll get weirded out of him. How can you fall in love so soon?

 

Ϟ

 

It has been a habit for the two of them, Joonmyun and Jongdae, to play Warcraft or GTA, completely abandoning the other guys who are busy talking with each other. Jongin even pouted and said ‘you don’t spend time with us anymore.’ But he lets Jongdae be, after all, Jongdae needs a girlfriend for his lonely – and pathetic, adds Jongin with a smirk, ‘as if you had any girlfriend you loser’ Jongdae comes back and he knows he won at that line – love life.

Joonmyun gets pretty intense when she puts her head on the game, she curses a little when she failed to do something in the game or someone just hit her but revenge is a as she says and she’ll double the comeback, she’ll immediately kill who ever touches her. It’s pretty intimidating, Jongdae thought when he got killed again.

“Joonmyun, dammit. I just hit you once! Stop hitting me!” he shouts half-whine half-desperate as they play warcraft, the latter laughs at him. “Not funny, little girl,”

“Stop poking fun with my height. As if you’re that tall.” Joonmyun harrumphs and gives Jongdae another hit, his life gauge is nearing the end

“NOOOOOOOO!” Jongdae whines helplessly, he clicks angrily on the mouse and the keyboard, hitting Joonmyun bambambam he goes till their life gauge is at the same length, “Aha!”

In the end, finally, Jongdae won and Joonmyun is forced to buy a bubble tea but the latter laughed when he saw Joonmyun’s pout – which he can never resist, much to his chagrin – and they bought large chocolate bubble teas together.

Before Jongdae goes to sleep, in the middle of dream and consciousness that maybe, just maybe, that love isn’t about time.

But it’s about returning feelings. His heart clenches tightly at this.

 

Ϟ

 

The days come and go, Jongdae falling more for Joonmyun and her charms, Joonmyun treating him much the same. Sometimes, Jongdae walks her home and the latter will give him cookies in return of his kindness ‘and from protecting me from bad guys at night.’ Joonmyun says with a smile.

“So, how’s it with Joonmyeon?” Jongin asks with a knowing look, there’s this feeling again; wanting him to punch his face or just to spill his McFlurry on his crotch.

“What’s with her?”

“Ooh, I heard the sound of Crush Talks. Who’s the subject?” Taemin settles down next to Jongin, he snatches a few pieces of fries from the latter’s tray, earning him a punch on the shoulder.

“Jongdae and his not so subtle liking to Joonmyeon,” Chanyeol answers helpfully.

“There’s no such thing!” Jongdae defends indignantly.

“Oh really now? So the walks home and the cookies and spending time together are nothing? Oh please, we beg to differ.”

Jongdae’s mind flies back to the last time he walks Joonmyun home, she has this pretty smile he always see and his heart does a multiple somersaults at the sight of it.

“Let’s have a cup of hot chocolate.” Joonmyun said, beckoning him to follow after her.

“So, I heard you sing for the choir.” Jongdae started conversationally.

“Oh, yeah. I kind of do small parts for the choir,” she answered, shyness tingeing her voice.

“Can I hear?”

“Uh, maybe next time.”

“Aw, why?”

“Well, it’s embarrassing?”

“How so?”

“I’m not used—well fine,” Joonmyun unlocks her door and enters, toeing off her shoes in the process, and Jongdae does the same, they walk straight to kitchen, “let me see,” she picks two bright red mugs from the cupboard and the packs of chocolate powder, she started singing the chorus of King and Queen of Hearts and pang! Bam! Woosh! It goes straight to his heart. She has the voice of an angel.

“I’m sorry, I’m a little off tune.” She said after singing with a light blush on her cheeks.

“What? You sound wonderful!” Jongdae immediately countered as Joonmyun settles the cups on the table.

“Oh, shush you, impudent boy.” She says, slapping him on the shoulder playfully, “But, thank you.” then there’s that smile again, melting Jongdae’s insides.

“I second the motion.” Taemin agrees, cutting Jongdae off from his now usual rewinds.

The soundtrack of someone is on the brink of getting killed plays in Jongdae’s mind, imagining Taemin and Chanyeol and Jongin to be punished painfully.

“Jongdae and Joonmyun sitting under the tree…” Taemin and Jongin start to sing.

“Shut up,”

“K! I! S! S! I! N! G!” they sung in unison, slapping their hands on the table in every letter making a loud noise grabbing other people’s attention. Kids.

“So, when are you going to confess?” Chanyeol asks, his head propped on his hands like a girl waiting for the gossip to be spilled.

“I don’t know. She might not feel the same!”

“How would you know if you don’t give it a try?” there’s a clack on the table when Kyuhyun dropped his tray, he settles down next to Jongdae and looks at him expectantly.

“What are you doing here?”

“I’m just behind your table with Jongkook. Man, I knew it.”

“Wait, so are you saying,” Jongdae is nearing the cliff, “Joonmyun—“

“No, she’s not here don’t worry lad.” Kyunhyun replies with a nod. Jongdae sighed in relief. “So you gonna, you gonna? I mean, she might like you too! She always spends time with you which she doesn’t really do with us when the three of you are still not in the team.”

“Oh, stop giving me hope!”

“Well, as what they say, there’s a possibility~” Chanyeol sing-songs, his brows wriggling suggestively.

“You’ll never know~” Jongkook chirps, now seated next to Chanyeol and the two high fived.

“We’re your Joonmyun support team!” Jongin exclaims with a grin and everyone agreed with this.

“So… this coming party,” Kyuhyun starts, “We need some results, it’s your time to move Kim Jongdae.” He laces his fingers professionally, looking at the said man.

“Stop, please. I’m so done with all of you.”

“Well you never asked us but we’re also done with your chickenass.” Jongin remarks nonchalantly.

“ you.”

Ϟ

 

Jongdae found himself seated in a coffee shop a few blocks from the net café with Joonmyun, who’s talking about how her classes went and sipping her frappe in every interval. He smiles, nodding as if he really is interested in her story, but things are just going on a little wild in his mind. The thought of them going to coffee shops or restaurants together while holding hands is just so nice to think but totally impossible if he’s a bundle of a chicken.

“So, Kim Jongdae, do you like someone?” Joonmyun asks this time, snapping Jongdae out of his thoughts.

“Do you want to know,” he raises an eyebrow and sips on to his now warm coffee.

“I’m a nosy girl, come on, say it.”

“Hm, maybe I do. “

“What maybe. You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“Ok ok! Fine, what if I told you she’s pretty, she has a beautiful smile and she’s perfect.”

Joonmyun grins playfully and flips her hair to her back, “I think I can pass that. Make sure it’s not me or you’re already busted.”

But it’s you, “Dream on, little girl.” He says, laughing softly. There he is, hiding his feelings with that line, it kind of hurts but he shrugs the feeling off. It’s ok.

 

 

Ϟ

 

From: Kyuhyun hyung

What, when, where, xtra notes:

The party, this Friday @9PM, at Jongup’s house, wear something that is not your pajamas.

 

Jongdae slides his phone away from him and turns his attention to his computer, angrily typing away words after words for his research paper about Alcatraz. It’s to be passed on Friday and he’s not even on the half of the expected twelve pages research in right format. He almost cried out loud when he thought that the Alcatraz history site is down but when he found it, he cried in happiness instead. He regrets not doing it earlier.

As much as he hates to pull an all-nighter, he is forced to do so and his only acquaintance is a cup of coffee and a bag of cheetos. It’s nearing four AM when he finished typing and he has to cover his mouth to stop himself from shouting out a ‘yes, im ing done!’ he happily presses the print button and fresh, pristine white bond papers with fresh black ink on it comes out. Jongdae counts the papers one last time and yes, he reached fourteen pages. He puts it all away and plops down on his bed, letting out a sigh of relief.

Jongdae sleeps on to the remaining hour before he goes to school with another cup of coffee and a piece of bread, walking all through the day groggily. Before the day officially ends, he told Chanyeol and Jongin that he wont be able to go with them. His friends pat his head in sympathy.

“You could’ve finished that earlier,” Jongin says with a roll of his eyes, “Why do you like last minute stuff.”

It has been a habit for Jongdae to do things late so he shrugged, “I’m going home.” He slings his bag onto his shoulders and heads to the bus stop.

Jongdae thought if there’s a possibility that Joonmyun would be worried for him, miss him even, but he shrugs all the thoughts off. It’s not healthy to think of things that are impossible to happen. After all, Joonmyun is one of the boys and she treats everyone like the way she treats Jongdae.

Jongdae thunks his head on the glass window of the bus, feeling stupid and so girly. But it does hurts to think.

 

Chanyeol and Jongin managed to get into Jongdae’s house even Jongdae told his mother to not let the two idiots in while he’s sleeping, they wake him up in the most sadistic ways. This time, Jongin turned the volume of his music player high – currently playing JT’s TKO – while Chanyeol is hitting him with a pillow. He can’t imagine how the two are his friends.

“What,” he rasps out, not bothering to open his eyes, still heavy with sleep.

“The party is tonight! It’s our first party with The Pacific!”

Jongdae groans, he didn’t get much sleep earlier and he’s pretty much drained to the ends of his soul, “I’m not going,” he mumbles, covering his face with a pillow.

“Stop being stubborn! Kyu hyung will be sooo disappointed!” Chanyeol says, trying to remove Jongdae’s vice like grip on the pillow, “I’m going to kick you.”

“Please don’t forget that Joonmyun is there too,” Jongin adds and he knows he won when Jongdae rolled on his back, letting out a frustrated moan, torn between sleep and the love of his life.

Jongdae sits up and walks over to his bathroom, grabbing random pieces of clothing from his cabinet first before slamming the door close behind him. Jongin and Chanyeol snickers.

 

 

The music is blasting when the trio arrived; the house is already full of people. Jongdae messes his hair, still half-pissed for not getting his beloved sleep.

“Jongdae my man! I could’ve killed you if you didn’t come.” Taemin says casually, “and wow man, who dressed you up?” he asks, eyeing his choice of clothes – low swoop loose printed top, a dodgers varsity jacket and dark washed skinny jeans, “man, is that an earring? Kim Jongdae you’re officially my favorite fashionista now. You so hot.”

Jongdae chuckles and nods, “thanks,” he answers. He didn’t know that his random picking will turn out this great.

Jongkook pops next to Jongdae and makes a noise between a honk of a car and a strangled walrus, “Ohgod what did you do to Joonmyun noona?!”

Jongdae blinks innocently, “What?”

The latter nods his head to Joonmyun’s way, and oh boy did Jongdae’s mouth fall open. She’s wearing a short McDonald’s basketball jersey dress, perfectly fitted on the contours of her body and her raven black curly locks falling on her small shoulders just right.

“She always wears jeans and a casual print tee,” Jongkook says dramatically, “What’s she wearing?!”

“I… hey, why am I held responsible!”

“Because, ever since you came, her boyish streaks goes bye bye!”

“Jongdae!” calls Joonmyun with a smile.

Jongkook nudges the said man on the ribs, “See? See? She got her eyes on you!”

“Hey boys,” she greets with a bright smile, waving.

“Ooh, what is our Joonmyun wearing?” Taemin pipes up, looking at the said girl up and down.

“A dress,”

“Obviously,” Taemin deadpans with an eye roll, “I’m going, guests need my extravagant presence.”

The two walks over the couch in the game room where there are a lot of people. The Xbox’s game controls are haphazardly settled on the carpeted floor and the wires are in an unsolvable state which left Joonmyun and Jongdae disappointed.

“Hey! Drink up,” Jongup shoves a beer cup in their hands with a grin, “It’s a mixed drink. More juice, less alcohol. We don’t let our minors drink full on alcohols you know. See you two around.” he gives the two a salute before swaggering away.

Joonmyun takes a sip from her cup and makes a face, “Guh, their drinks get bad in every parties, I swear.” She mumbles. Jongdae frowns and takes a sip too. He isn’t a stranger from alcoholic drinks but he doesn’t drink so much either – he still takes the line of drink moderately.

He frowns more when Joonmyun chugs down the whole cup even she said she doesn’t like it. She takes another and another till her words slur slightly.

“You’re an idiot, Joonmyun.” Jongdae sighs and lets the latter rest her head on his shoulder.

Suddenly, Joonmyun sits up and the next thing Jongdae knows is she’s on his lap, her thighs on the sides of her legs, her dress riding up a little exposing more of her milky thighs contrasting the black tube shorts she’s wearing beneath.

Jongdae takes his drink in one go, hoping he’s just imagining things, but no, here she is, smiling down at him so prettily, melting his insides.

“Kim Jongdae. you.” Joonmyun says before dipping down to kiss him on the lips.

Holy , holy .

Is this for real?

Jongdae’s mind runs in havoc as he tries to comprehend what is happening, all he knows is that he’s kissing her back, his hands on the either side of her petite waist. Her lips taste of cherry and feels so soft against his. His mind stops working when Joonmyun lets his tongue slip in .

“Hey! You dickwads, no one is allowed to video this!” Jongdae hears Taemin shout and a few shuffling around them but it didn’t stop him.

Joonmyun’s arms are around his neck, pulling him impossibly closer. He felt Joonmyun moving her hips down and that is when he realized he’s getting a little hard. Jongdae has all the mind to pull away.

There’s a flash of disappointment in Joonmyun’s eyes but Jongdae discards it thinking that he’s just imagining things.

“I’m sorry,” Joonmyun mumbles once she regains her breathing. She moves off from Jongdae’s lap and it felt so empty suddenly.

Jongdae doesn’t answer, Joonmyun mumbles an ‘excuse me for a sec’ before she walks away.

He then felt that something shifted, or he’s just imagining things again.

Jongdae waits at the couch but Joonmyun didn’t comeback. He waits till the party ends – talking to random people who decides to seat next to him – then he heard Chanyeol says ‘Joonmyun? Oh, she said she has some matters to take care of so she left.’

Jongdae sunk.

 

Ϟ

 

Jongdae got an A for his research paper but that doesn’t remove the thoughts of the other night away. Jongin and Chanyeol asked what his problem is but he always answers ‘it’s nothing.’

“Very typical.” Jongin deadpans, munching on his subway sandwich as they walk to the Pacific Net Café.

Jongdae grunts and tightens his hold on his now rolled up research paper. Joonmyun hasn’t talked to him yesterday when he saw her, and the other day too. He’s afraid this might stretch into weeks and another.

“ my life.” he mutters under his breath.

“Can we hear something different? Like ‘im so done or ‘im so tired with this ’ cause really, we’ve been hearing that ever since you’re with us.” Jongin says, annoyed, “Tell us why.”

“I ed up.”

“Yeah, tell us something we don’t already know.” Chanyeol says, finally taking a break from stalking Byun Baekhyun.

“Urghhhhh,” Jongdae wails helplessly, “You guys can never help me.”

 

Ϟ

 

Joonmyun sighed as she plays with the ice of her frappe. She has been doing it as soon as their order came.

Baekhyun eyes her worriedly, “Spill out the beans,” she says suddenly.

“I think I’m heartbroken,”

“No need to tell, it’s pretty obvious.”

“Then don’t ask,” Joonmyun answers and sips on her tasteless drink.

“Ooh, cold.” Luhan remarks with a smirk, “Is this about the Pacific newbie you’ve been pouring your thoughts over? Or do I even need to say that?”

“Im going to ruin your fishtail,” Joonmyun warns with a glare, “Don’t even.”

“I’m trying to help,” the older sighed, “So, what’s the main reason you’ve been avoiding the poor guy?”

“Because he pushed me away?”

“Oh , the making out in the game room scene yeah?” Joonmyun blushed red as a beet, nodding.

“It’s so obvious he also has the feelings for me. But,” she groans, “I felt rejected.”

Luhan nods in understanding, “Worth avoiding.”

“He should talk to you soon,” Baekhyun adds, “it just shows he’s a full on wimp.”

“I second the notion.”

Joonmyun can really say that she let herself fall into the cliff when she saw Jongdae at the party, looking so damn tempting. He’s so good-looking and sweet and so many other things that caused Joonmyun to jump on him suddenly.

She makes a garbled noise in , getting her friends’ attention.

“He has all the rights to push me away.”

“Huh?”

“I jumped him. Can you blame me?! He’ so… urgh.”

“Sweetie, calm down,” Luhan says, patting her friend, “We won’t blame you. I could’ve done the same.”

“What.”

Luhan smirks, “Nothing.”

 

Joonmyun gulps when she pokes her head in the slightly ajar door of the pc-bang. She scans the area for any sign of Jongdae and sighs in relief when he’s in the far corner of the room. She tiptoes her way to Taemin and drops her bag down on the couch.

“He looks miserable as ,” Taemin says, not bothering to takes his eyes off the screen.

Joonmyun sinks in her seat, “What am I supposed to do,”

“Nothing. Let him get his balls back.”

“That is so helpful.”

“I know.”

 

The Pacific left the two alone in their own self pity bubble and let them play. Joonmyun goes home early, they didn’t fail to notice how Jongdae looks at Joonmyun’s retreating back, torn between wanting to talk to her or not.

“So, if I tell you you’ll be kicked out of the team if you don’t talk to the princess will get you to talk to her?” Kyuhyun asks, sitting on the swivel chair next to Jongdae.

“I don’t know…” Jongdae sighs, he paused his game to turn to look at his hyung.

Jongin pops up behind him, leaning on the backrest of his chair, “It has been three days. The place gets a little suffocating when the two of you are together in the same room.”

“I think my head is aching, I’m going home.” Jongdae excused when Jongin is about to tell something, he picks up his bag from the floor and stands up, “See you guys tomorrow.”

“Kim Jongdae, you don’t walk out in this type of conversations!”

 

Ϟ

Jongdae didn’t show up in the net café the next day, which disappoints everyone because it’s their Friday Starcraft Day and especially Joonmyun, even she doesn’t talk to him, just the sight of him makes her happy. It goes on till it did really stretch into a week which made Jongin and Chanyeol go on with their plan, to drag Jongdae with them.

“You guys , can’t you hear me out first?”

“no.” the two simply answered in unison.

 

“Tell me why you aren’t here for the past four days?” Kyuhyun asked in the most intimidating way he can. He has his phone on the table, to record Jongdae’s statement – for further investigation and added effect.

“My parents are planning to go to Canada so they can start the business my aunt is talking about and of course, I needed to be there, so I don’t have time to pass by. I’m sorry.”

“Why didn’t you even called or told your friends about this?”

“I wanted to, but… I’m planning to tell it to them when everything is settled. My parents are so tiring to talk to; I don’t want Jongin and Chanyeol to tire me up more. They’ll be going, ‘will you be ok alone?’ and ‘can we do a party in your house?’”

Kyuhyun stopped the recording and nods in understanding, “I understand. Well, you can go now if you need to.” He says, sliding his phone back in his pocket, “Hey, have you thought of talking to Joonmyun yet?”

Jongdae nods in response, “Yeah, but—“

“No buts! You’re going to her today or i’ll have your friends drag you there? Man, she’s a girl and you can’t expect for her to make the move!”

“I know! But, it’s… hard. I’ve been a big failure.”

“Shush, child. Tell that to her.” Kyunhyun says, pushing Jongdae out of the door, “Don’t come back if you failed this time!” the younger nods helplessly before he’s pushed out of the streets.

Kyuhyun grinned; he brings out his phone and edits Jongdae’s voice record before sending it to Joonmyun.

 

 

Jongdae takes the last few steps to Joonmyun’s apartment nervously; he isn’t ready for any sort of rejections, especially from Joonmyun. But it’s now or never. He has his hand frozen over the doorbell, contemplating if he should really press the button or not.

He thinks of Joonmyun’s smiles, laughs and the last time she sung for him. Jongdae definitely misses her and if he wants all those back to him, and maybe he can get a little more kisses and hugs, he’ll definitely has to do this.

Jongdae is woken up from his stupor when the door in front of him bursts open, he doesn’t remember pressing on the doorbell, Joonmyun standing in front of him in the middle of pulling her hair into a messy ponytail.

“Jongdae?” her voice quivers, hinting that she’s so near to tears. Before Jongdae can answer, he’s pulled by the collar of his uniform and his lips landed on Joonmyun’s sweet ones.

The kiss lasted for a few seconds before Joonmyun pulls away, “What are you… doing here?”

Jongdae gulps, “Well, I’m planning to say sorry about you know… that night.” He answers, worrying the bottom of his lip as he thinks of what to say, “I was afraid that I’m taking advantage of you because you’re drunk. I’m not that kind of guy!”

Joonmyun stares at him for a few seconds before laughing, giving Jongdae the audacity to melt right then and there.

“That’s so sweet, Jongdae.” She says softly before she tiptoes to press her lips back on Jongdae’s.

Jongdae’s hands settles on Joonmyun’s waists pulling her in closer as he takes time to taste her lips this time. Joonmyun guides him in her apartment, not breaking away from the kiss.

“I’ll give you another chance, get it right this time.” Joonmyun mumbles against Jongdae’s lips. She pushes her down on the couch and sits on Jongdae’s lap.

Jongdae sees a streak of her skin from under her shirt and the lace of her yellow underwear is peeking from her pants. Ohgod.

Joonmyun dips back in for another kiss, Jongdae does it in a slow way making the latter whine desperately, begging to be kissed more. He grins and gives in, his tongue finding its way in Joonmyun’s mouth. Hands grip on his hair tightly, pulling him in impossibly closer. Joonmyun lets out a soft moan whenever their tongues slide together, she tastes so much better this time, he can get addicted to this.

Jongdae pulls away for a breather, Joonmyun pecks him on the lips with a sad smile, “Hey, if you ever go to Canada, don’t forget about me, ok? I know there are a lot of prettier girls – ier even – and you might be bearing child with a Canadian girl, I don’t care because I’ll still like you more than anything.”

“What…?”

“Aren’t you going to Canada soon?”

“I’m not; my parents are the ones who’ll go there. I’m not going with them.”

“Oh,” Joonmyun nods, “But… Kyuhyun said that… don’t tell me he edited that audio.” Joonmyun groans, “that man sent me an audio of you saying you’re going to Canada!”

Jongdae laughed, “He did? Maybe he thought that I’m not going here.”

Joonmyun nuzzles her head in the crook of Jongdae’s neck, “Don’t go.”

“I won’t, I told my parents that I’m only going there after I get married.”

He felt Joonmyun smile at this, “Maybe we can go there after four years?”

Jongdae smiled and tightens his hold around Joonmyun’s waist, “and probably introduce them to their grandchild.”

“That sounds great.”

Ϟ

“We heard the grand news!” Luhan exclaims as soon as she caught a glimpse of Joonmyun in the net café, seated next to Jongdae in the couch as they play another round of GTA V, “Why didn’t you told us yesterday?”

“I don’t want to spoil the moment by knowing that you’ll let the whole student body know about me and my relationship status.” Joonmyun answers simply, not bothering to look at her friend.

“Luhan, I thought we’re going to an emergency! You stupid deer!” Joonmyun hears Baekhyun protests, she looks over her shoulder to see her friend in her track pants and jacket zipped up to her neck.

“But this is an emergency!”

“Jongdae! Kyuhyun hyung wants you in the… oh.” Jongdae frowns when Chanyeol suddenly stopped, he paused their game before turning to look at his friend.

“What—“

“Luhan!” Baekhyun whines before she pulls the zipper of her jacket up to her hood, completely covering her face, replacing it with a robot’s face printed on the jacket.

“Oh, so your crush is here.” Luhan remarks, the latter made a dying sound in , “Hi Chanyeol!” she greets with a smile.

“This is so cute.” Joonmyun comments with a smile before turning to look at Jongdae to give him a peck on the cheek.

Luhan shrieks, “Sweet overload. Guh, they’re so cute! I can’t even.”

“Shut up, get yourself a boy.”

The bell by the door ringed, signaling a newcomer entered and a man with a burst of colors painted on his hair caught Luhan’s attention, opens at the sight.

“Maybe I will.”

 

 

 

 

 

--------

a/n:

 

- im not very knowledgeable about the games, i only have a plenty few basics

- celebratory post bec ive finally breezed my exams and deadlines~

- we can always on twtr here or tumblr :)))