Chapter 1

GEMINI (English Version)

 

English is not my first language, so please bear with me
 
I'm sorry for the typos or any mistakes
 
Anyways, thanks for reading...

 

 
Author : LightBreeZe
 
Genre : Family / Angst
 
Desclaimer : Jo Twins is not mine, unfortunately...

Warning : Don't like, don't read!

 

 

 

 

 

~ GEMINI ~
Chapter 1
 
 
 
If he was asked how it feels to be twins, the only thing Youngmin could think of was, hell. If he was asked what Kwangmin means for him, then Youngmin will answer that Kwangmin is a nightmare. A living nightmare. Ever since they’re kids, their parents tried to make everything same for them. Clothes, shoes, bags, school, even hairstyle. All same. They think it was fair, to treat them like that. But was it truly fair? Because Youngmin actually hated it. Face it, being all the same, pretending to be each other to fool other people, and giggling over their surprised face when they found out he and Kwangmin were switched, were only fun when they were kids. He was getting tired of that confused face and a calculated look that spoke ‘which one are you, Youngmin or Kwangmin?’ that been thrown over him. It’s annoying when they treat them like they were same, like they were one. An effort to realize an old saying that if there was Youngmin, then there was Kwangmin. But the truth was the people around them only created a reality that if Youngmin was there, then Kwangmin must be there too. See the difference? Youngmin was tired of that forced closeness. Did you know the feel? When there were no I or you, but we. When there were no me and you. Only us. And when there’s only ours, instead of mine and yours. And he hate it. Because he want to be himself. Only Jo Youngmin, without Kwangmin. Just like the first six minutes of his life, which ironically he never remembers what it was like ...
 

If he was to say the truth, there was nothing wrong about Kwangmin. He was a sweet kid, though a bit stubborn. Hiperactive, yet shy and quiet. A typically unique, sensitive and innocent human being. Just like a transparent glass, pure and honest. Strong and solid but actually so delicate and fragile. Kwangmin was not the one to grab the attention at the first glance. That was Youngmin alright. The thing that boy did was just waiting for others to notice him. But when they did notice, then there’s no way for anyone to stop falling for Kwangmin’s charm. Yes, he’s just like that. Made you fall, without you to even realise it. And that was exactly the thing that made Youngmin angry. Because Kwangmin was too easy to be loved.

 

Since they were kids, Kwangmin was the one who thought being twins was special. He actually liked to be the same as Youngmin. Imitated everything he did, followed him everywhere, and tried to be Youngmin number two. It was flattering at first. To have someone looked up to you. But then, somehow, that adoration he received from his brother transformed and became a burden. One that he had to carry all the time. It was tiring to had everyone compared them, and then choose Kwangmin over him. It was tiring to do everything at his best and they still liked Kwangmin better. It’s just like when he’s walking, then Kwangmin would catch up and run ahead him. When he’s running, then Kwangmin would spread his wings and soared high to the sky. And when he’s struggling to fly, then he would find that Kwangmin was already up there, waiting for him to arrive. So he decided to stop. Giving up on reaching the sky. Just let Kwangmin rules up right there, he’ll just turn his back and walk away. He’ll learn to dive and found his own paradise.

 

He found that solace when they debut as Boyfriend. Or so he liked to think. Well, it’s not that peaceful tough, for Kwangmin was still there. But at least he had Donghyun-hyung, who favoured him more than anyone, even Kwangmin. And then there was Minwoo, that little bastard who was slowly growing on him. Someone who strangely, makes him feel welcomed, as his own self. And so, in Boyfriend he learns about happiness. On how to laugh, from his heart. How he learns to bring a smile, in his eyes. And yet right there, at the same time, he learns about avoidance. And the meaning of ignorance. Because he has to learn how to stop seeing the hurt that flashed on that very same face of his. Kwangmin has no right to be disappointed. He doesn’t have any right to be hurt, not after all that burden he throws on Youngmin, on purpose or not. Just for this once, Youngmin doesn’t want to be the older one between the two of them. Just this one time, please... Let Youngmin choose, to be free and unbroken.

 


 

If he was asked how it feels to be twins, the only thing Kwangmin can think of is, hurt. If he was asked what Youngmin means for him, then Kwangmin will answer that Youngmin is just like a double-edged sword. No one wants to be shunned. No one wants to be ignored. And no one would want to be lonely. Because being alone is terrifying. Hatred, is such a painful thing, right? All the more, if the one, who did that to you, is someone you hold so dear. Jo Youngmin... Two words that mean the world.

 

Being born as twins, by any means, made you a special being. That God gives you privilege for not to be alone. He gives you the comfort of company, ever since you were in the womb. And Kwangmin was grateful, for being chosen as one. He and Youngmin. There is happiness that he can’t describe in words. Tucked in every simple gesture. It was there, in the heat of Youngmin’s hold on his hand, which promising protection from those scrutinizing gazes of unfamiliar faces in their first day of school. It was present, in the tears that flooded Youngmin’s cheeks, as he was busy blowing Kwangmin’s knee injury. Subtly implying regret and worry, though Kwangmin fell because of his own fault, actually. And also, in that warm smile etched on his brother's lips, which convince Kwangmin that Youngmin will always be there, and the world will revolve just fine.

 

Kwangmin admired his brother, really. Youngmin is an independent person. A figure with strong leadership, dedication and sense of responsibility. Assertive, charismatic and very stubborn. Yet at the same time he is so warm, welcoming and friendly. A kind and sensitive soul packed inside a tough demeanour. The type that makes you interested even if you only see him from afar. He was able to make you comfortable even in the first time of being together. Just look at their friends at school, from elementary until high school, who never fails to cluster around Youngmin. Sometimes it envies Kwangmin, on how easy for Youngmin to socialize. While he himself was only able to stay on the side. On how all the people chuckled happily around Youngmin, but smile hesitantly on him. Especially when they realize, that Youngmin was not alone that time. That right there, even with the same face, Kwangmin was forgotten in a second. Isn’t that scary? That you're only one step away from being lonely. So sometimes, more than anything, Kwangmin feel scared. That one day, Youngmin too, will go away. Realize that he can have his own world to stay. And when it happens, it will mark the day when Kwangmin’s life finally goes astray.

 

So Kwangmin tried, as best as he can, to continue holding on Youngmin. Imitating everything he does, following wherever Youngmin go, trying to make his silhouette also reflected in everyone eyes. Kwangmin knows, that Youngmin is glowing. And by doing this, at least Kwangmin will be able to shine too. It doesn’t matter, whether it’s only a fake glow he show. Because that’s what a mirror does, right? Just reflecting, without actually possessing. Although he’s not actually like to be plastic. Although he too, thinks that this is pathetic. But what can he do, when there is nothing else to be done? Because being a perfect mirror, is his only available option...

 
 
 
~ to be continue ~
 
 

 

This is my first time to write in english, so don't expect it to be flawless... 

Please let me know what do you think about this fic, okay?? I need to know whether this fic is worthy to be continued.. 

So, COMMENT PLEASE!!!! XDD 

It will be truly apreciated... THANK YOUUUUU!!