But You Promised

Drifting Away

''Jonginnie~ we'll be together forever.. right?''

''Of course we will Kyungie!  I promise! But you have to promise you'll never leave me alone. Ever''

''I promise! we're gonna be together forever~''

-------

''HYUNG!'' Jongin burst though the doors of him and Kyungsoo's apartment, he looked around and was met by more than pair of eyes than he expected for. Sitting next to his Kyungsoo, Kim Junmyeon.

''Jongin, I didn't expect you to be here so early!'' Kyungsoo said to him, looking at him with his cute, owl eyes.

''You just caught me and my Kyungsoo in the middle of watching this movie, he invited me over to watch it with him'' junmyeon smirked at him.

''You can continue it with us!'' Kyungsoo smiled with his heart shaped lips ''I was just about to make some more snacks, we can watch it all together!'' he giggled and skipped off into the kitchen.  As soon as his beloved Kyungsoo left he scowled at junmyeon ''what are you doing here?'' he said in an obvious rude tone.

To say Jongin didn't like Junmyeon was an understatement, he hated every single bone in the guy's body. Kyungsoo thinks he is some sort of angel. Yeah right. Once Kyungsoo leaves, the real Junmyeon comes out, the devil, satan spawn, Jongin has a list of names he calls Junmyeon, but thats for another time.

''Isn't it obvious?  Kyungsoo wants to spend time with me.'' Junmyeon replied, smirk not leaving his face.

''Cut the crap Junmyeon, you planned this'' Jongin remarked,

''wow Jongin, wow, you're so jealous and desperate to believe that I am watching a movie with Kyungsoo just to make you annoyed, and that's hyung to you. You little brat'' Junmyeon spat at him ''Kyungsoo is mine. You never had him, and you never will. You're gonna be forever stuck in the friendzone. Give. It. Up.''

Jongin stormed over to wear Junmyeon was sitting he opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by kyungsoo skipping into the kitchen with a large bowl of popcorn, without any care on his face, not even knowing what was going on before he got there. He smiled at them both and sat down next to Junmyeon.  ''Jonginnie~ come sit next to me'' Kyungsoo patted the empty space on the sofa next to him, Jongin went and sat down next to him.

The three were watching the movie, It was onto the cliche emotional part of the movie (what part of this movie wasn't emotional), Jongin always hated these parts of the movies. To be honest, Jongin hated the movie; boys over flower. I think it was pretty obvious that Kyungsoo chose this one, however, Jongin had to protect his Kyungsoo from being in the wretched hands of Mr. I'm-so-perfect.  Jongin silently yawned and slid down the couch abit, he looked over to kyungsoo who was watching intently, cute owl eyes never leaving the screen. He smiled at how cute the boy was and chuckled slightly.

He looked over to Junmyeon who was looking right back at him; Junmyeon was smirking at him, as if he was planning something that jongin didn't know about. Junmyeon shifted the position of how he was sitting and did the old school trick of yawing and putting your arm around someone. Jongin felt like punching the life out of Junmyeon. Yes. He was Jealous, he's loved Kyungsoo since the start of highschool, of course he was going to get jealous.  Jongin's track of thought stopped when he heard a giggle.  His Kyungsoo was actually getting all cosy with him. He felt like he was gonna be sick

-------

''Jongin!''  Kyungsoo sqeals over the phone

''hey hyung, you sound happy'' he smiles

''And I bet you wanna know why'' Kyungsoo giggles

''you bet I do'' he chuckles at how cute kyungsoo can be. Even over the phone

''Junmyeon hyung just asked me out.... on a date!''

He was speechless

''Jongin? hello?''

''sorry I zoned out.... that's great hyung.. so i guess you two like eachother'' he forced out a cheerful tone ''I bet you two will be.. great together.. good luck''

''I know right?! aaah, I have to go know, Me and Junmyeon are gonna have lunch. See you when we get home after work~''

''kyungsoo wai-''

beeeeeep

Jongin feels like he has been stabbed in the chest

'he'll realise soon that he loves me..soon'

-------

Jongin can't remember the last time he had a real conversation with Kyungsoo. All it's ever been has him asking Kyungsoo to do something with him, but kyungsoo rejecting it and spending time with junmyeon .

~

''Hey Hyung do you wanna see this movie with me.. you know, just like old times?

''sorry jongin, maybe next time. Junmyeon is taking me out to dinner''

~

''Hyung do you wanna hang out?''

''Jongin~ I can't~ it's me and Junmyeon's one year anniversary. next time though!''

~

it's not fair. Jongin lies in his bed 'why him?' he wonders, 'i've known him forever.. can't he see?' Jongin suddenly hears a door shut, Kyungsoo must be home.  Normally, Jongin would get up and greet his hyung, but what's the point anymore? He is about to shut his eyes before Kyungsoo shouts for him to come over.  Jongin groans abit from the cold air that hit him from when he left his bed, He sighs and walks over to the living room.  Once again, he sees more than what he bargained for: Kyungsoo and junmyeon clinging onto eachother like it was their life depended on it

'ugh. How disgusting' Jongin tries his best to smile at them ''what's up?''

Kyungsoo shifts a bit and smiles slightly before saying ''well, you know how.. me and Junmyeon have been dating a while.... well, me and Junmyeon, decided to move in together! I'll be gone by next week, haha, you'll have the place to yourself!'' he giggled

 He forces a smile, yet again, and nods ''That's really great hyung... D-Don't forget about me o-okay?''

Kyungsoo smiles at him with those beautiful heart shaped lips, he gets out of Junmyeons grip and hugs Jongin ''I will never forget you jonginnie~''

Jongin hugs back and never wants to let go, he wants to stay like this forever. Kyungsoo releases his grip, Jongin didn't want to let go, but he had to. He returns to Junmyeon's side ''I'm staying at Junmyeons house tonight'' he pauses ''it'll be like a preview for the rest of my life, we're gonna be together forever~'' he giggles and kisses junmyeon on the cheek.

And that is when Jongin's heart finally breaks into a million peices

-------

Jongin stands in what -was- Kyungsoo's room

''but you promised we'd be together forever...''