Chapter Sixteen

Problems
 

Chapter Sixteen

~~~

 

"Jessie! Jessie!" Tiffany exclaimed over the phone, panicking. Jessica hushed the girl over the phone, "Shut up, Tiff! Taeng's sleeping," Jessica whispered/yelled, exiting her bedroom, leaving the girl in her bed. A wave of relief washed over Tiffany, "She's over there? She's okay?" she asked immediately, though the back of her heart seemed to constrict.

 

"She's fine, Tiff. But what the hell happened? She came over and she was bawling her eyes out. I've never seen her cry so hard," The words that left Jessica's mouth made Tiffany guiltier than she already was, "What happened?" Jessica repeated over the phone.

 

Tiffany's mouth opened, but no words came out, she let out a deep breath, "I.. I'm going to come over," Jessica bit her lip and looked at the clock, "It's already late, Tiff, don't try to walk over here. Come over in the morning, okay?" The younger girl sighed and nodded, though she knew Jessica couldn't see her, "Okay,"

 

~~~

 

"She's in the bedroom," Jessica said gently, opening the door for Tiffany to walk through, "She told me what happened," Tiffany lowered her head and Jessica softly grabbed her arm and pulled her into the house, "You need to get your mind on track, Tiff. Don't break her even more,"

 

"But I already broke her," Tiffany whispered. Jessica eyed Tiffany, "Well, what are you going to do? You still have Siwon, if you don't remember," The red head eyed the floor, "Of course I remember," A hand pushed Tiffany towards the bedroom door, "Here, just go fix her, okay?"

 

"I'll try," 

 

And with small foot steps, Tiffany entered the bedroom.

 

As Tiffany entered, she saw Taeyeon's blonde hair sprawled out on the pillows but her face was covered with the blankets. Walking closer, Tiffany gently sat on the edge, the bed dipping gently with the added weight, she gently pulled down the blanket, showing Taeyeon's pale, tear stained face.

 

A light gasp escaped Tiffany's mouth at how bad Taeyeon looked. Raising her hand, Tiffany used her thumb to wipe off Taeyeon's tear, which caused Taeyeon to wake up. She gasped and sat up straighter, seeing the cause of her pain, "Why are you here?" Taeyeon asked, leaning against the headboard stiffly, trying to get as far as possible.

 

"Jessie let me in," Tiffany answered, looking into Taeyeon's eyes. Taeyeon shook her head, "Not 'How did you get here?' it's 'Why are you here?" Taeyeon repeated, shifting her body away. Tiffany sighed, "I.."

 

"I don't want to hear it," Taeyeon cut her off, getting out the bed and walking towards the door, ready to give Jessica a mouthful for letting Tiffany enter. "Wait," Tiffany called out, jumping up and gently grabbing Taeyeon's wrist. Taeyeon pulled away, "No," she stated in a cold voice, reaching for the door knob.

 

Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon's hand, "Just wait a minute, Taeyeon!" she raised her voice, surprising herself and surprising Taeyeon. Jessica, who was in the kitchen, was wondering whether to go into the room or to leave the two. It got silent, immensly silent.

 

Jessica grabbed the door knob of her front door before exiting the house, "Good luck, Tiff," Jessica whispered, escaping the house and leaving without a sound.

 

"Let go of me," Taeyeon spoke through gritted teeth, but Tiffany kept her grip, "I just want to say.." she trailed off, waiting for Taeyeon to stop struggling, but it only made Taeyeon struggle more, "I don't care what you say, just let me go!" she yelled.

 

"I care for you, okay?! Where are you going to go?! Are you going to go live on the streets again?! Are you going to nearly freeze to death again?!" Tiffany screamed, letting go of Taeyeon and staring at her. Taeyeon backed up, hitting the wall, "I.. I have enough money to.. to.."

 

"You have enough money to last you a month tops. What about food, Taeyeon? What about the bills?" Tiffany asked, quieter this time. Taeyeon looked at the ground, "I'll figure something out, I'm a grown woman. And besides.. I have-"

 

"Me," Tiffany interuppted, "You have me," Taeyeon's eyes snapped up, interlocking with Tiffany's, "No, I don't. I don't have you," Tiffany walked closer, eyebrows furrowed, "What are you talking about, Taeyeon? Of course you'll have me-"

 

"No!" Taeyeon yelled, holding her hand out, stopping Tiffany from advancing further, "I'm not going to you for anything anymore. We are strangers. We're strangers now," Taeyeon closed her eyes, taking deep breaths. The word 'stranger' left a wound in Tiffany's heart. After spending so long trying to get to know Taeyeon, now they were strangers.

 

"I'm finished with you. I'm done being just your best friend-" 

 

"Then what do you want!?" Tiffany burst. Taeyeon gave Tiffany a sad look, "What I want will never be returned, there's no use in asking,"

 

Tiffany stayed silent because what Taeyeon said was true. Taeyeon gave a sigh, "Don't bother me anymore, Tiffany. We're strangers now," As Taeyeon began to exit the door, Tiffany spoke, "Can't we be friends at least?"

 

Taeyeon looked back and shook her head, "Think about how I feel, Tiffany. It's just not fair. It's selfish of you to be friends with me," and without another word, Taeyeon left.

 

~~~

 

"I'm worried about her, Jessie," Tiffany took a deep breath as she sat on Jessica's couch, "It's been.. It's been six months, Jessica!" The brunette exclaimed. The older girl played with her hair, "She's fine, Tiffany," Letting out a sigh, Tiffany stared at her feet, "How is she?"

 

"She visits me every weekend, she's doing fine, Tiffany," Jessica gave out a tired breath, Tiffany always asked about Taeyeon. Tiffany shook her head, "I mean.. how is she doing? Like.." she trailed off.

 

Jessica sat up, looking at Tiffany, "She has an apartment down near the convience store she works at, okay? She has brown hair now and she seems happier than before. Are you satisfied now?" Tiffany gave a nod.

 

"Aish, finally," Jessica heaved a breath. Tiffany gave a light shove to Jessica with her feet before changing the topic, "So how's Yur-"

 

"Don't even freaking mention that douchebag's name, Tiffany," Jessica warned. Tiffany raised her hands in mock surrender, "Alright, alright, sheesh," 

 

~~~

 

Tiffany rushed into the house, "Jessie?" she called out, hearing Jessica's muffled cries. She ran over and paused when she saw a figure was hugging the weeping Jessica, it was Taeyeon. The two connected eyes before Tiffany looked away, this was about Jessica, not about them.

 

Walking over, she sat besides Taeyeon on the bed, placing a hand on Jessica's back and gently rubbing it, "Jessie," Tiffany cooed gently, leaning closer. Jessica was technically sitting on Taeyeon's lap, hugging the older girl tightly.

 

"She.. She.." Jessica started before stopping, still crying. "Shh... shh.." Tiffany whispered, squeezing Jessica's shoulder. Taeyeon took secret glances at Tiffany, she seemed better, prettier. Though Taeyeon missed her red hair, like how Tiffany missed Taeyeon's blonde hair.

 

Eventually, Jessica fell asleep, leaving the two to awkwardly be there. Tiffany decided to start conversation, "What happened?" she asked, gesturing to Jessica. Taeyeon gave a shrug, "I came over like usual and she was crying. It was probably about Yuri though,"

 

"I can't wait til I can finally meet that girl. She's been making Jessica cry so much," Taeyeon mumbled. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon, who wondered if Taeyeon would ever stand up to someone who makes her cry.

 

The two sat in awkward silence as Taeyeon gently ran her fingers through Jessica's hair. It was what Tiffany used to do to her. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon's eyes and saw the love and care Taeyeon had for Jessica. She felt jealous.

 

Taeyeon never had that much emotion for Tiffany. At least it didn't seem like she did to Tiffany. But in reality, Taeyeon's feelings for Tiffany was triple times the amount she had for Jessica. She's always masked it, she kept her feelings hidden for obvious reasons. That reason being Siwon.

 

If it weren't for Siwon, Taeyeon wouldn't hide her feelings. But then again, if it weren't for Siwon, she might not be here right now.

 

Taeyeon spoke, "She's like a little sister to me so seeing her like this hurts me," she admitted, staring at Jessica's sleeping face. Using her thumb, Taeyeon wiped away the tears on Jessica's cheek, "That Yuri girl is going to get it from me," she whispered before leaning down and kissing Jessica on the forehead.

 

That pulled at Tiffany's heart strings for some reason so she looked away. 

 

It was such a regular routine for Taeyeon to kiss Jessica's forehead, she did it as if Tiffany weren't there. Taeyeon stood from the bed, "I'd usually sleep with Jessica but you can sleep with her tonight, I'll be on the couch," Tiffany watched Taeyeon exit the room, leaving the door wide open.

 

Tiffany had noticed how Taeyeon cared for Jessica, it seemed as if she cared about Jessica more than she ever had for Tiffany. The thought made Tiffany frown. Taeyeon was cold now, but more on the inside. She's been rebuilding the barriers of her heart due to what had happened with Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon's been reinforcing the lock and key to her heart, making it harder for anyone to ever reach. The girl realized that love was a , it was a pain. Love was something unpredictable.

 

A brunette girl quietly made her way to the couch, slipping next to Taeyeon.

 

"Just for one night," Tiffany whispered as she hugged Taeyeon's waist. Taeyeon's breath hitched but she pulled Tiffany closer, unable to resist.

 

All of her walls had broken down at the touch of the younger girl. Even after not meeting so long, Tiffany still had the same affect on Taeyeon. Taeyeon couldn't bring herself to push the girl away, so she didn't.

 

"This is the last night, Tiffany,"

 

"I know,"

 

"We're strangers," Taeyeon commented, head buried into Tiffany's neck, inhaling the girl's scent that she's missed for so long. "Then why are you sleeping with a stranger?" Tiffany retorted.

 

"The last night," Taeyeon mumbled, ignoring Tiffany's question.

 

Tiffany wasn't a stranger to Taeyeon. Taeyeon's heart will never ever forget about Tiffany. It was impossible for Tiffany to be a stranger.

 

And Taeyeon hated it.

 

Like how she hates Tiffany.

 

And the way she scrunches her nose up when she's mad, Taeyeon hates when Tiffany does that.

 

She hates how Tiffany would rub her eyes with her fists when she wakes up, it made Taeyeon feel giddy. And she hated that feeling.

 

Taeyeon hates how Tiffany would hold her protectively. She hates it because she knows the protectiveness will never last.

 

She hates how Tiffany would rub her waist, it gave Taeyeon butterflies in her stomach.

 

Taeyeon hated everything Tiffany did.

 

Although, love and hate are not that different from each other.

 

 


Hey..

DJ Ava sounds <3 @_@ lolol, /girl crush mode on/

 

and IDK what the hell just happened in this chapter.

 

LOLWAIT HOW OLD IS TAEYEON (in the story) SOMEONE DO THE MATH