Chapter Ten

Problems

Chapter Ten

~~~

 

The older girl's body shook as the younger one held her, calming the cries that came out of Taeyeon's mouth. Tiffany reached for the remote and changed the channel of the TV, only to have it visit yet another news channel, "Family of four found dead at the bottom of Han River. They were reported to be on vacation and-" Tiffany shut the TV off, "Aish," she mumbled, holding Taeyeon against her body as she rubbed the older girl's back.

 

"They're.. they're dead," Taeyeon cried, hugging Tiffany around the waist, her hands resting against the girl's curves as her hands grabbed a fistful of her shirt. Tiffany let her chin rest ontop of Taeyeon's head, not responding. Ginger jumped up and gently bit at Taeyeon's feet. Taeyeon hiccuped, her sobs subsiding.

 

Taeyeon always had a little hope that her family was still out there somewhere, alive. She hoped that her parents had abandoned her and were alive, at least then she might be able to see them again. But no, they were gone. They were watching over her in the sky. One thing was for sure now.

 

Tiffany was the only person Taeyeon cared about now. Tiffany was the only reason why Taeyeon doesn't decide to give up on life right now. Tiffany.

 

~~~

"Taeyeon-ah, talk to me. Please?" Tiffany pleaded as she wrapped her arm around Taeyeon's waist, laying on the bed with her. Taeyeon let out a sigh, not saying anything as she looked up at the ceiling, allowing Tiffany to hold her like that. "It's boring not hearing you talk," Tiffany pouted, pulling Taeyeon closer, thus causing Taeyeon's body to turn and face Tiffany, their bodies stuck together.

 

"Talk to me," Tiffany ordered, staring into Taeyeon's eyes. Taeyeon felt her heart pounding in her ears and she avoided Tiffany's gaze, trying to pull away from the red head. But, the younger girl was stronger, "Talk to me, let me know what you're feeling," Tiffany spoke softly this time, her eyes worried, her eyes gentle. This time, Taeyeon stared back into Tiffany's eyes before sighing once again but not speaking.

 

Tiffany seemed devastated that she couldn't get Taeyeon to talk. She thought that she would of had more affect on Taeyeon since she thought that she was someone important to Taeyeon. She must've thought wrong.

 

Meanwhile, Taeyeon liked being in Tiffany's hold. She didn't want to talk, there were no need for words.

 

But, feeling hurt, Tiffany let go of Taeyeon and turned around, her back facing Taeyeon. Taeyeon knew she had hurt Tiffany for not talking, she knew perfectly well that Tiffany was worried about her. The idea of her family being dead still had not sunken in yet.

 

Taeyeon also turned her body, her back facing Tiffany's. The blonde girl stared at the wall, thinking that Tiffany had already fallen asleep, "I'm sorry," Taeyeon called out gently. Tiffany heard it, Tiffany was still awake. "I'm just hurt. I thought my parents would have shown up with my two siblings one day. I still had hope that they'd be alive," Taeyeon continued to talk, not caring if Tiffany was sleeping or not.

 

Taeyeon blinked away the tears that appeared in her eyes, "I don't mean to hurt you with my silence. Silence is the way I communicate when I'm hurt," Taeyeon whispered, Tiffany barely catching it. Turning around, Tiffany locked both of her arms around Taeyeon's waist and hugged her tightly, burying her face into the small of Taeyeon's back.

 

The blonde girl's breath caught in and her heart skipped a beat, "Fany?" she thought that Tiffany would have been asleep, but it was clear that she wasn't. Tiffany pulled Taeyeon closer and the older girl curled her body, molding it against Tiffany's.

 

And then they communicated.

 

With silence.

~~~

 

Tiffany dropped her bag, spilling the contents all over the floor, "Dammit," she mumbled under her breath as she bent down, picking up the loose papers. She looked up and saw Siwon, bending down on one knee as he helped her pick up the papers, "Here you go," he smiled, handing the papers over to Tiffany.

 

The red head give a smile, "Thanks," she replied, putting the papers back into her bag as Siwon stood up. Siwon reached a hand out to Tiffany, which she grabbed, helping her up as they both dusted off their clothes, walking to their next class, which they had together, "So, what are you doing later?" Siwon asked Tiffany, putting his hands into his pockets.

 

Looking up, Tiffany playfully narrowed her eyes at Siwon, "Are you asking me out on a date?" she questioned. Siwon rubbed the back of his neck, "Is that bad?" Tiffany let out a laugh and shook her head, "No, it's not bad. And no, I'm not doing anything later," Siwon let out a smile, showing off his pearly whites, "Cool. Want to see a movie?" Tiffany pretended to think about it before nodding once, "Sure,"

 

~~~

 

Taeyeon looked down at their interlocked hands then back up to their eyes. Siwon and Tiffany both smiled, "We're dating," Tiffany announced. Taeyeon's mind took a minute to process what Tiffany had just said, but when her brain finally understood, she was shocked. And hurt.

 

Nonetheless, Taeyeon gave a smile to the new couple, "Oh," she responded.

 

Taeyeon didn't know what was happening to her chest, but it felt almost as if there was a boa constrictor wrapped around her, squeezing her lungs shut. And that night, she didn't feel Tiffany next to her when she went to bed. Tiffany had gone out late with Siwon.

 

What made it worse was that Taeyeon knew that she had feelings for Tiffany, Taeyeon knew that she liked Tiffany. And it worried her. 

 

The girl could practically see the future before her eyes. She'll end up heart broken by Tiffany because of the one sided love that they'd have. Taeyeon's heart will just continously get broken by her loved ones and Taeyeon knew that Tiffany was going to have a larger impact than the rest.

~~~

 

"Taeyeon-ah!~" Tiffany called out from the bedroom. Taeyeon, who was sitting on the couch with Ginger, glanced over her shoulder, "What is it?" Taeyeon asked, her hand rubbing Ginger's head. "Come here!" Tiffany shouted in English. Taeyeon looked at Ginger, "What does she want?" she whispered to the dog, who whined in response.

 

Getting off the bed, Taeyeon walked to the bedroom, Ginger at her feet, "Yes, Fany?" Taeyeon called as she walked in, seeing Tiffany only in her undergarments. The red head threw pieces of clothing everywhere, "Help me pick an outfit!" she called out loud, standing up straight and looking at Taeyeon. The blonde haired girl couldn't help but do a quick body scan of Tiffany from head to toe. 

 

Tiffany blushed, "Yah! Stop being so erted and help me choose an outfit!" Taeyeon rolled her eyes and sat on the bed, Ginger following, "You look stunning in anything, Tiffany," she mumbled under her breath as Tiffany continued to rummage through the closet. "This is our five month anniversary!" she called out and Taeyeon let her back hit the bed, staring up at the ceiling while Ginger laid on her stomach.

 

"That's nice," Taeyeon replied, not showing any interest at all in Tiffany and Siwon's relationship. "Help me!" Tiffany whined. The older girl sighed, "Just wear anything, Tiffany. You'll still look pretty," And Taeyeon meant every word she said. Tiffany was a beautiful lady, she would make rags look amazing.

 

"Ugh, you're no use, Kim Taeyeon!" Tiffany groaned. Taeyeon patted Ginger's head and stared at the patterns on the ceiling, "Sorry," 

 

~~~

 

"Why are you avoiding me?" Tiffany asked, standing in front of the television with her hands on her hips, looking down at Taeyeon. The older girl looked up, blinking at the red head who was blocking the television. "You're ignoring me, why?" Tiffany asked again, taking a step closer to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon scanned Tiffany's face, noticing her worried look and the hurt eyes. Taeyeon's intention wasn't to hurt Tiffany, no, it wasn't that at all. Taeyeon never even knew she had the capability to hurt Tiffany, she never thought that she was someone important to Tiffany.

 

The older girl just wanted to distance herself away from Tiffany, just enough to ease the pain of when Tiffany leaves her to start a family with Siwon.

 

"I don't like when you ignore me," Tiffany pouted, ultimately melting Taeyeon's heart. Taeyeon sighed and shifted on the couch, making room for Tiffany. The red head plopped herself on the seat next to Taeyeon before wrapping her arm around Taeyeon's waist, letting her cheek rest on Taeyeon's shoulder, "Don't ignore me," 

 

Taeyeon's heart began to beat. She wanted to tell her heart to stop, she wanted to turn her heart off. Because then, there wouldn't be any hurt feelings. There wouldn't be feelings in the first place. Taeyeon knew her liking for Tiffany was wrong, it was definitely wrong, according to society. Girls shouldn't like girls, girls shouldn't even think of dating girls.

 

But, for some reason, the idea of dating Tiffany was always on Taeyeon's mind, whether she liked it or not. Actually, Tiffany, in general, was always on Taeyeon's mind.

 

Distancing herself from Tiffany doesn't work because in the end, Taeyeon would always have a soft spot in her heart for Tiffany, making it nearly impossible to distance herself from Tiffany. Taeyeon figured that it was time to notch her game up if she wanted to lessen the pain she'll recieve in the future.


I really like this story <3<3 I hope you all do too! It's my favorite story to be writing as of now :)