For The Girl Who Has Everything

Faded lights gave the illusion that the crowd below Choi Sooyoung was a seething angular mass of darkness. There seemed more than a hundred bodies down on the floor underneath the raised balcony she and her sister stood on. The mask that adorned her face glimmered as the lights passed by.

“It’s not everyday a young girl turns eighteen, Soo.” Her sister softly said.

“I know.” She whispered, clutching tightly on the sides of her gown. Sooyoung knew she was blessed – too blessed, in fact. Yet, above all the riches and glories the Choi family could afford, something was still missing from her life.

“It’s time.” Soojin announced, prying off Sooyoung’s hands from the sides. Sooyoung nodded, took a deep breath and raised her chin. The spotlight immediately landed on Sooyoung’s elegant figure. Everyone from the crowd stopped talking and looked up towards the staircase she stood on. The excitement seemed to radiate from the crowd and rebounded against her as she prepared to make her descent.

Sooyoung traipsed down the stairs, her gown fitting perfectly into her figure. Her chocolate brown hair curled perfectly. She smiled and gracefully waved. A tall guy in an Armani tuxedo with a mask that covered more than half of his face emerged from the crowd and waited at the last step. Sooyoung looked over to that side and for a moment, she felt her heart race. Suddenly, she remembered it was not Cho Kyuhyun. She fought back the tears, extending her arm and let the tall man take it. He helped her with that last step and guided her towards the center. Her eyes blinded by the flash of cameras, urging her to smile widely.

“We’ll make it to front page tomorrow. Don’t worry.” Her partner grinned.

“Stop being such a dork, Kris.” She retorted, placing her hand on his shoulder.

“Shut up and dance, Soo.” He smirked.

“This is my night. I’d appreciate it if you won’t try and ruin-“she was caught off guard as Kris twirled her around, earning applause and more clicking of the cameras from the crowd. The music stopped, Kris bowed in front of her and kissed her hand. Yet, all could Sooyoung think about was whether Cho Kyuhyun was happy for her right now.

-o-o-o-

The party continued, Sooyoung mingling and entertaining her guests. Her friends, Taeyeon, Jessica, Tiffany, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Yoona and Seohyun were all present.

“I can’t believe Kris is your . He is so damn hot.” Tiffany giggled. Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

After a while of talking, Kris Wu appeared, bowed to the girls and turned to Sooyoung. “Soojin’s looking for you.”

Sooyoung nodded and followed him. It was silent. No one said a word; just the clicking of Sooyoung’s heels and Kris’ footsteps. Finally, Sooyoung broke the ice.

“Where are you taking me?”

“To your heart.” Kris replied simply.

“Wu Yi Fan, I am not on a joking basis here.” Sooyoung stopped and crossed her arms.

“Neither am I. So are you coming or not?” he turned around and raised an eyebrow. The brunette let out a frustrated sigh, following Kris out.

Sooyoung looked back, realizing then that they were getting farther away from the crowd. Kris led her farther, turning on the left then stopped. He gave her a sly smirk before twisting the handle and slipping through the other side.

The leggy debutante found herself standing on a small balcony. The night lights of Seoul City flickering with each passing second. It was undeniably beautiful. It seemed the sudden absence of music and voices drew her attention to the leaning figure against the railing.

Before she could call out to him, he turned back. “Choi Sooyoung. What a pleasure.”

“Not to be rude, but where is Kris Wu?” Soooyung inquired, not minding the warning bells inside her head. But instead of answering, he pushed himself off the railing, stuffed his hands into the pocket of his jeans and shuffled towards her.

“You are already being rude.” He answered with amusement. “It’s pretty crowded inside, don’t you think? Lots of people as I saw. Gathering there just to get a glimpse of the Choi heiress.” He smirked.

“I don’t have time for this nonsense. KRIS!” Sooyoung shouted.

 “Kris Wu has left. Now let’s see, Choi Sooyoung. The girl who has everything. What is missing?”

Sooyoung knew he was trouble. It was hard since the mask covered almost his face, yet he intrigued her. He was not afraid to speak to her. It was as if…

“Please. S-show yourself.” It wasn’t like her to plead, but she had to find out. She needed answers and only one person could supply them all.

“Not unless you do.”

Sooyoung sighed. She reached behind her head but he stopped her. He took her hand and led it behind his head. He raised his hand and slowly untied her mask, Sooyoung did the same. Slowly, they lifted each other’s mask.

The mask held by Sooyoung instantly fell on the floor as the grinning face of Cho Kyuhyun emerged. “Long time no see, Rich girl.”

“Cho Kyuhyun.” Sooyoung laughed then turned serious, without warning, she punched Kyuhyun on the face. She glared at him and furiously slapped his shoulders.

 “Yah! Choi, Stop!” Kyuhyun groaned with each slap, finally he took her wrist and stared into her eyes. “Listen to me. It was all part of the plan. I didn’t attend your special day on purpose. It was supposed to be for something else. Also, I’m hurt that you didn’t recognize my voice. I was only gone for a few months.” He pretended to sob.

Sooyoung stared at him for a few seconds before throwing her arms around his neck. “I know. I’m sorry. I knew it was you. I.. I just had to confirm it.”

“You can only have so much courage in one day, Choi Sooyoung.” He chuckled. “And I know what’s missing from you.”

He leaned closer to her face, brushing his lips against hers. He took her hand and placed it on his chest. Sooyoung waited. The colorful fireworks already starting behind them. He pecked her once, twice.

He cupped her chin, stared lovingly into her eyes and finally giving her a dazzling kiss – more dazzling than the fireworks he had prepared just for her. He pulled back and whispered, “Me.”