Festivities and Everything In Between

Holiday Love

My phone vibrated. There was a text.

 

From: Eric Oppa

I’ll pick you up @ 7. Dress nicely. <3

 

Today was my off day at work so I spent the whole day cleaning the house and then finally reading a book at the end of the chores, while the last of the laundry is in the washing machine. I sit down and reminisce the whole year.


 

I remember when Eric and I first met. It was nearing the end of summer when I moved to Seoul; my friend Jiyoung, one of the coordis of the Shinhwa, introduced me to him once, setting me up on a blind date with him. It was fall. The leaves were orange and on the first date, Eric and I strolled in the park after dinner with Jiyeon and Bogeun, mutual friends of us. The weather was nice. Our conversations flowed smoothly, surprisingly, because we were both the quiet type at first. We found some things we have in common and one date became a few more. Eric and I started meeting at events, because at that time, Jiyoung often had me tag along, and Shinhwa had several schedules. During breaks from performances, Eric and I would talk, and taking walks, finding ourselves miraculously far from everyone else but uncaught by prowling paparazzi, to which I was thankful. We didn’t meet often due to the fact that I finally got a job a few weeks after I moved and me hanging out with Jiyoung and Shinhwa became less often.

It finally snowed. The first snowfall happened in the middle of November. One time, Eric came over and we hung out. It had been one of those dates where we just felt like staying in, and just enjoying each other’s company. That same day, I expected that we’d stay indoors but as Eric came in, he told me to bundle up because we were going out. I agreed, reluctantly.

Eric held my hand as we walked on the snowy path, leading to the nearby playground. Like kids, we never failed to run straight to the swings. We were had a snowball fight with the other members who joined as they came over at Minwoo’s apartment, which was about five minutes from mine. We invited them to join us. The more the merrier right?


 

I looked through my closet to find a very nice dress to wear to tonight’s company party. Mr. CEOs would be looking good (Damn Minwoo for being so stylish. I’m barely up to par to the guy’s style) and being underdressed isn’t an option.

I managed to find two of possible choices: a red wine coloured dress, or one with royal blue shade, something I thought was good for the party. I ended up choosing the reddish one since it was the holidays. By seven, Eric came in his black suit, looking as handsome as ever.

“Ready to go?” he asked.

“As ready as you are,” I replied. We got on his car and he drove off to the company building.


 

“Hey guys! You made it!” Minwoo greeted us at the door. The party was in full swing. Music was blasting and I could see Junjin and Andy from where we are, manning the DJ hub.

“Of course, Min. Won’t miss it, ever.” I replied. We went inside. Eric went to s and they talked while I found my way to where Jiyoung and Bogeun are. They were talking about the holidays and such.

“Hey guys!” I said to them.

“You’re here!” Jiyoung exclaimed. “Bogeun and I were just talking about the holidays. You got any plans?”

“Um,” I replied. “You know, just staying home.”

“You’re boyfriend there has been staring at you for the longest time,” she said out of nowhere.

I turned to where she pointed. “Eric?”

“Don’t tell me you two aren’t dating yet?”

“He’s a damn celebrity and we’re just friends for now,” I argued.

“Well you go get him. Aigoo, you’re going to be forever alone.”

“That’s not bad either,” I joked, and laughing at the picture of sitting on a chair reading by a fireplace surrounded by cats.

“Bogeun and I are gonna dance. You coming?”

“Later.”


 

The slow music started playing. From a distance I watched Jiyoung dance with Taehak oppa and Bogeun with another girl. Someone tapped my shoulder. It was Eric.

“Care to dance?” he offered his hand.

“I have two left feet. You sure about asking me to dance?” I joked.

“It’s okay.” I took his hand and he led me to the dance floor. Left hand on his shoulder, the other held by his. His right hand rested on my waist. Not soon, he drew me closer that both my hands are resting on his shoulders, his hands on my waist, my face about a foot away from his.

“Thanks for going with me tonight,” he said.

I smiled at him. “No problem. I like the aura here.”

“You know that you look pretty right?”

“I do? Thanks.” I felt underdressed with the one I wore tonight but I guess it was okay, sophisticated and simple. I replied further, “You look good too, suit and tie and all.”

We swayed to the music, side to side and in circles.

Just then mischievous Minwoo and Dongwan (who both seemed to getting to be drunk) were going around the others and putting mistletoes over the couples and asking them to kiss under it. Eric and I were not exempted. In fact, the other members even joined the two dummies to convince us to do something similar.

“No, Minwoo,” both Eric and I said.

“Aw, come on you two. That’s not fair,” grumbled Junjin and Andy.

“You guys have to kiss under the mistletoe,” said Hyesung.

“Fine,” both of us reluctantly agreed. It was the merry holidays and Hyesung nagging wasn’t a good idea either.

Eric held my face and pulled me close to a kiss.

I swear I turned pink. Good thing the room isn’t really lit that my face is clearly seen.

The dorks clapped in happiness, knowing that they succeeded.

“Hey Eric, come over on Christmas eve. Bring the boys too.”

“Sure,” he nodded. This was my revenge. That was my first kiss, in all honesty. Those jerks.


 

Christmas eve:

Shinhwa and I had a small cozy party at my place as I planned. I was finishing decorating the Christmas tree when they came and I asked them to help me with the decorations. After that we made small gingerbread houses.

Oh boy. My kitchen became a mess but we had fun. Flour was all over our faces with Hyesung who complained, “Not my face, you dumbheads!”

We just laughed at that. Aigoo, our little prince.

With the mess, we cleaned up. No one complained, surprisingly, not even Junjin nor Hyesung.

Finally we settled in the living room for exchanging gifts. We sat on the floor in a circle, just by the tree, with presents underneath - each of the guys had their own present from me. Dongwan offered to make hot cocoa for the seven of us.

Eric took something out from his pocket and then kneeled in front of me and s.

“I love you,” he said. “Be mine?”

Really unexpected.

“Yes,” I answered. He put on the silver ring on my left finger and we kissed. The boys, as expected, roared in excitement and happiness.

“One more!” said Minwoo, who had his hands on a small mistletoe. This time, Eric and I didn’t hesitate to kiss again. After all he was mine, I was his.

But joke’s on the rest them. I took a small mistletoe out of my pocket and placed it above Dongwan’s and Minwoo’s heads. “Your turn,” I said, grinning evilly at the two.

Andy and Junjin laughed as their hyungs were forced by me and Eric to kiss under the mistletoe. You’re next.

As planned, Andy and Junjin were next. Junjin did not hesitate to kiss Andy, earning a disgruntled look from Eric, and groans from Dongwan and Minwoo. As for me, I died laughing,

“What?” Junjin said. “At least we’re not awkward, unlike two people in this room.”

“Eric’s taken, you dummy,” said Hyesung in his mother bird mode.

“Yeah? You won’t even hug him and it’s Christmas, Hyung,” teased the maknaes.

“Fine, I’ll hug him. Just this once.” Hyesung and Eric hugged, awkwardly. This had everyone in hysterics at the extreme awkwardness of the sight.

This started the game of truth or dare, which I tell you, is very chaotic. You just don’t simply play the game with these guys. You just don’t.

Hyesung received a ttakbam from me; a really powerful one for Minwoo, and this brought up the Special Stupid joke that Eric often teased the short man about; age swap until Eric’s next turn; a heart dance from Andy, which he groaned when asked because he was so tired of doing it on variety shows; a reenactment of his kiwi CF; Eric having to wear fishnet stockings and walking as if on a real catwalk for 30 seconds; this backfired to Minwoo when Eric asked him to do the same dare - Minwoo confidently did the dare, telling Eric that fishnet stocking still looked better on the leader; other sorts of crazy dares had us pretty occupied for the night.

For a change, we had wine but it seemed that the five had drank a little too much and there they are, passed out on the floor in the living room; they were all lying in a uniform position, unconscious to their own selves. With snoring butts there, Eric and I took the couch and we cuddled under a blanket.

“Merry Christmas,” he said.

“Merry Christmas to you too.” I said. “Did you like your present?”

“Aniyo,” he grinned.

“Fine, I’ll take it back. I could just give it to-” He pecked my lips.

“Kidding. I love it.” he said. “But I got the better present.”

“What is it?”

“You.” Me? “You know that you’re the best Christmas present that I got, right?” he said. I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Don’t give me that look,” he said. “Or else-”

“Or else what?”

Another peck. “That,” he smiled. “I’ll keep doing that.”

“Pshh,” I playfully pushed his face away. “You’re worse than Minwoo.”

“You’re saying that you’d rather have Minwoo kiss you than me? Damn I’m hurt, jagi.”

“No. I’m saying that you’re turning into a kissing monster.”

“I’m a better one.”

“I don’t say. You just assumed.” I got up from the couch.

“Where are you going?” No answer for him. “Okay, I’m sorry.”

“Oppa?”

“Yeah?”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”


Um. yeah.