I Love You Too

One-shot / Drabble Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

Jessica was here again.

I've been aware of her presence ever since she started to come and sit with me. Even though she never said her name, I knew who it was, and the fact that she cared as much as she claimed, made me happy, even if I couldn't express my emotions. She would talk about college, social events happening on the weekends, and by the end of her speeches, she would tell me to come back soon. Then she would leave, and I would be left, wondering when I would wake up, or if I even would. After every visit, I would will myself to open my eyes, but to no avail.

"Taengoo," she said, voice quiet, "please wake up, you need to walk across the stage at graduation..."

I hadn't even noticed how the time has passed. Two months has passed since the accident and I've been asleep since then.

I waited for Jessica to speak again, but she didn't. Assuming that she had left the room, I began my usual wondering why I was still sleeping when, unexpectedly, her soft hand reached out and held my own. The only source of touch I was used to was my families, mainly my mother, and this was unexpected. Her fingers dragged across my hand in a slow, afraid motion, as if she was scared I would break if she touched my hand.

"I love you Taengoo, I hope you know that," Jessica said quietly, squeezing my hand a little.

What I assumed to be a few minutes passed by and the warmth surrounding my hand left. How unfair is it that I'm not even able to tell her that I'm sorry? I'm sorry for leaving her house because of the fight we had. I'm sorry for starting the fight because I'm too scared to face my own feelings. I'm sorry that she blames herself for this, when it isn't even her fault.

Please log in to read the full chapter