1

surprise

You had missed him. 4 months since you saw him last and all you had to help you sleep was the warmth of your computer battery as you fell asleep on skype most nights. But after four years of this on and off again thing you were used to it, but every homecoming was better than the last.

He emerged from the terminal looking tired. All you wanted to do was run up to him and smile and hold him in your arms, but that would have to wait. Your relationship wasn’t public, and you wanted to keep it that way. You watched as the other fangirls crowded around him and took pictures and screamed out that they loved him. You laughed, but understood. He looked like he had just gotten off the runway rather than a 16 hour flight. You tried to blend in and take a few photos. But you did want to remember him in those clothes. He dressed just for you every time, knowing you would love everything he wore, and today was no different.  He had on simple jeans and a blue plaid button down with a blazer to keep warm. He smiled and waved and looked for you in the crowd.

You rushed home, homing to beat the van of his. You wanted to surprise him and hold him. But when you walked into the door of your apartment he was already there. He saw you enter and ran over to you picking you up into a giant hug before spinning you around in his arms. He placed your feet on the floor but never let go of you.

“I missed you so much” was al he said as he held you to his chest. It seemed like forever but you finally looked up at him.

“I missed you too baby” he smiled at you and lowered his lips to yours. It felt like your first kiss all over again. Giving you tingles and making you feel so loved. You missed the taste of him on your lips and you pouted when he pulled away.

“What?” he pecked your lips; “I don’t want to get too carried away before the food gets here” he laughed as he watched your face change.  

He walked into the kitchen and took off his hat before running his fingers through his hair. Just then the doorbell rang and he smiled as he opened the door to the delivery man. When he returned he set the food down onto the table. He sat down on the couch and pulled you into his arms. He the TV and picked out a movie to watch. He smiled when he saw you already eating before he was done.

“Hungry?” he smiled. You just nodded and continued to eat. He picked up his utensils and joined you as you two ate and watched the movie in silence. He waited for you to finish before pulling you back into his chest as the two of you let the movie finish. You just lay on his chest and listened to his heartbeat, just happy that he was finally home in your arms.

“Baby?” you heard him whisper, “Do you um, do you want to go for a walk?” he looked down at you as you nodded your head and got up reluctantly from your position. He grabbed his vest from the hook by the door before slipping it on. Once out the door he took your hand in his as his fingers intertwined with yours. He led you up the block until your apartment was out of sight.

“Where are we going?” you asked, unsure of where this boy was leading you to. He looked at you and smiled. He was so beautiful in the moonlight.  His smile shone bright against the darkness and his ears looked cute as the shadows danced on them from the moon. You smiled and he pressed his lips to yours for a quick touch. You blushed and looked away. He leaned down to you.

“You’re so beautiful you know that right?” he looked straight into your eyes. “I’m so glad that you are mine” It seemed as if he wasn’t done talking but his words ended. You squeezed his hand as he slowly led you back to your place.

When you opened the door you almost didn’t recognize the place. There were calla lilies lining the table, and music softly playing in the back ground. The lights were dimmed and he pulled you in and smiled at you.

“Baby, I know I’ve missed so much of the four years we’ve shared, and I wish I could give you back all that time I was away.” He looked away and caressed your hands in his. You felt his thumb on your knuckles and you looked up into his eyes as he continued.

“I wish I could promise that I’ll always be here to hold you and love you, but I’m always thinking of you, when I wake up, when I dance, and perform and sleep” His face blushed and he looked down from your gaze but continued with his speech.

‘I’ve never missed anyone more than when I’m away from you. I want you to be mine forever and I want to know that every time I come home that you will be here waiting for me. I want to make you mine before I have to leave again.” He pulled his hand out of yours and turned to the table handing you your favorite flowers.  He then kneeled down in front of you as you felt the tears in your eyes.

“Be mine forever baby? Will you marry me?” he looked up at you and all you could do was nod. He smiles and slipped a silver ring on to your finger.  He stood up and wrapped you into his arms. He didn’t let you go for the rest of the night. Not that you minded his arms felt like home and it’s the only place you wanted to be.