Him

A Different Guy

"Did...you saw that?" Sehun carefully asked her. "I don't know, what do you think?" a hint of sarcasm could be heard from Byeol. Byeol wanted to surprise Sehun because it was his birthday today but all was ruined when she saw Sehun making out with another girl. Sehun fidgeted in his place.

"Look,it's not what it looks like. She kissed me first," Sehun points at the girl he just kissed. The girl stare at him wide eyes then slapped him across the face.

"YOU JERK," she walked out of Sehun's house.

Byeol stare at him and made a pocker face,"I guess it's my turn to leave now."

Byeol walked past him but he held onto her wrist and spun her around to face him,"Babe, it was just a misunderstanding. I didn't kiss her, i swear!" 

She wanted to trust him and just forget about everything but who was she kidding, she saw the scene clearly in front of her eyes. A part of her wanted to just forget and pretend it never happen but another part of her was tired of all this bulls. She should have seen this coming when she agreed to become the girlfriend of the biggest playboy in college.Every week she'll see him making out with different girls,every week he'll give the same excuses and every week she'll pretend it never happen and forgive him but no,not this time.  She was just a toy to him to play with. She snapped out of her thoughts when she felt something warm on her lips. She pushed Sehun away and walked back a little. She wasn't going to fall for his tricks again.

"Kissing won't make me forgive you this time. We're over Sehun," she wiped her lips and walked out of his house. That left Sehun hanging, he didnt know whether to chase after her or just let her be. He fished out his phone and dial a number,"Hey babe want to hang over at my place? I missed you"

Of course he picked the latter.

 

Byeol didn't know how far she had ran after leaving Sehun's place. Eventhough she had remain calm in front of Sehun, she was torn inside. She stopped and looked around to see that she's at a park near her house. *Well, home i go* she thought then walked to her house.

She entered her house and saw her housemate with a guy sitting around the coffee table with books sprawled out everywhere. Her housemate, Eve realize her presence,"Oh? Byeol? You're home already? Done with the surprise?"

"Yea,sorta," she took off her sneakers and headed towards her room. *Don't even remind me* she felt herself boiling again.

"Oh! By the way this is-" she was cut off by the loud bang of the door.

"O...kay,maybe later. Sorry dude,I think she's in a bad mood," Eve started writing notes again. The guy looked at the direction of the room," I can tell."

 

Byeol lied down on her bed while thinking about her problems. Rather then being sad,she was angry but not with Sehun but with herself. She knew the consequences of being in a relationship with him but she still goes for it and made a fool of herself by staying. She should have realize it and left him months ago. Now that she think about it, why exactly did she stay when obviously Sehun cheated on her so many damn times. Was it because of his sweet words that melted her insides? Or was it because she was determined to change him to a better person? That maybe could be the reason or maybe the fact that Sehun was her first boyfriend and she just didn't know exactly what to do at times like that. She let out a sigh and burry her face in her pillow.

"I"M NEVER FALLING IN LOVE AGAIN!" she scream as loud as she can in her pillow. She heard the door flung open and slowly looked at the door's direction. It was Eve's friend,he had a panic look on his face.

"Err..are you alright? I heard you scream," he said still looking a bit worried. Byeol blushed a thousand shade of red when she realize she screamed too loud,she thought it was gonna be muffled by the pillow. She sat on her bed and tries changing the topic,"Where's Eve?"

"Oh? She went to the store to get her notes photostat. She asked me to stay in case it'll take too long," he stated while looking away from her. *Aish! Eve should have said so* Byeol mentally slapped herself. She took a look at her watch and it was already lunch time.

"Want to eat lunch while waiting for Eve? I'll cook," she suggested.

The guy slowly nodded,"Sure."

After saying that,she forgot something...she can't cook. 

"Dammit," she cursed under her breath. The guy went back to the living room to continue studying. Byeol walked all over her room,thinking how she could cook without setting the kitchen on fire,usually it would be Eve cooking. She took a deep breath and went to the kitchen. *Omelette rice will be easy to do right?" Byeol thought as she goes through the stuff in the kitchen. She took the pan out and set it on the stove,"Now, how do you turn this thing on?"

 

Kris's phone rang and he picked it up,"Hello?"

"Oh Kris, I'm on my way home, do you want to eat anything? It's lunch time now. Oh, and can you also ask Byeol while you're at it," Eve spoke on the other line.

"Oh, I don't think you have too. Byeol is cooking," he nonchalantly replied while solving an equation.

"WHATTT?! WU YIFAN GET HER AWAY FROM THE KITCHEN THIS INSTANT," Eve shouted. Kris was confused but hung up on his friend and went to the kitchen.

"Hey Byeol, Eve asked me too- WHAT THE HELL," Kris was surprised by the mess she created in the kitchen. Byeol laughed awkwardly while looking down. She was too embarrass to face him now.
 

"What... were you planning to cook?" he looked at the flour that was spread all over the kitchen counter.

"Omelette rice," she rubbed the back of her neck. *Who on earth cooks omelette rice with flour?!* Kris thought. He looked at Byeol who was also covered in flour.

*He must think I'm weird and stupid now* she played with the hem of her blouse.

"Maybe you should clean up yourself, i'll help you clean here," he said then grabbing the broom. Byeol went to her room and took a quick shower,after that she change into a new pair of clothing. She went out and saw that the guy had cleaned everything for her.

"Thanks ermm..." *I don't even know his name* she thought.

"Wu Yifan but call me Kris and you're welcome," he smiled. He put the broom aside," You know you should have told me that you can't cook ."

"Yea,sorry about that," she kept her head low. At that time the front door flung open and comes in a frantic looking Eve.

"OKAY IM BACK! I"M SORRY I"M LATE! I BUMPED INTO MY LECTURER! DID BYEOL SET THE KITCHEN ON FIRE AGAIN ! DID SHE GOT HURT?! DID THE KITCHEN GOT HURT?! GOSH MY PRECIOUS KITCHEN!"

 

Two years later~

"Mom should at least should have leave me with some food before going to the bussiness trip with dad," Byeol closed her refrigerator. Byeol had just finish her final exam at college and back at her own home for the holidays. Her stomach grumbled and she sighed," I miss Eve's cooking."

"Should I try cooking?" she looked at her kitchen then scowled,"Never."

After a lot of thinking she decided to call somebody. She dial the number and it rang a few times before the person answers,"Hello?"

"Kris! I need your help! Fast!" she said.

He rolled his eyes at the other line,"Lemme guess, another food emergency?"

She had been on holiday for about two weeks now and because of her inability to cook, Kris was always there to help her with it. He wasn't the best cook but he was at least better than her.

"Pretty please?" she grinned.

"Sure,I'm on my way to your house anyways. I'll be there in 30 minutes," he said then hung up. After the kitchen mess incident, Byeol and Kris got closer. They were like two peas in a pod and it's hard to not see them together wherever they go.Kris coming to her home was a normal thing now, even her parents didn't mind cause they know that Kris can be trusted. Byeol put her phone away and slumped on her couch. Not long after that she fell asleep.

 

 

"Hey Byeol ! Did it took too long? Sorry though, I was buying groceries to cook later" Kris closed the door and put the bag on the kitchen counter. He kept the spare key that Byeol gave him in his pocket as he walks around the house searching for Byeol.

"Yo Byeol! Where are-" he stopped when he saw Byeol sleeping soundly on the couch. He shook his head and kneeled beside her. He took off his jacket and put it over her,"Pabo,what if you get a cold again like last time."

He carressed her cheek and smiled. He sat there for a long time looking at her sleeping, it somehows makes him feel at peace watching her."It's hard for me to fall in love but how did you made me fall for you so easily?" he brushed away her hair and kissed her forehead.

 

 

"Oh gosh, what's the time now?" Byeol adjusted her eyes and tried searching for the wall clock in the living room but it was no where to be found. Just then she realize she wasn't in the living room but in her room.

"How on earth did i get here?" she rubbed her eyes. Just then she saw something over her waist. *An arm?*

" What the?" she trace the arm to the owner and saw Kris sleeping beside her soundly. She turn to face him and slowly brushed out his hair to see his face cleary. She never thought she was going to fall in love again but she did and this time with Kris. She's afraid of the consequences her heart is taking right now.* What if he ended breaking my heart? But then again,Kris is a nice guy. He's the opposite of what Sehun is* Byeol thought. Byeol snapped out of her trance when she felt Kris move in his sleep. At that moment Kris's eyes fluttered open and met eyes with Byeol. Byeol turn red and her heart went pit a pat.

 "You're already awa-Ack! Yaa! That hurts!" Kris got kicked to the ground by Byeol.*Oh gosh that was unexpected* she gasped.

"Why am I in my room? And most importantly why are you here too?!" she shouted. "I brought u to your room cause the couch seems uncomfortable to you and chill out,like we've never slept together before," he stood up. 

"You still haven't answer why you slept with me," she scowled. "Cooking.Tiring.Sleep."he glared at her. At that moment Byeol suddenly remembered the phone call she had with him *Oh,I forgot*

"You slept too long so I put your lunch in the microwave,just reheat it," he said while heading to the bathroom. Byeol looked at the alarm clocked near her bed and realized that she's been sleeping for 4 hours. 

"I hate myself," she face palmed.

 

 

"It's already night,aren't you going home?" said Byeol as she flipped through the channels on her televison. Kris looked at the wall clock and realized it's already 10 p.m *How can I? I'm worried about you*

"I'm too tired,maybe tomorrow," he slumped on the couch.

"You've already been sleeping here for few days dude. Let me have my own space!" Byeol pushed him on the shoulder a little.

"Too lazy," he stated.

"Aww come on dude!" she whined. Suddenly they heard a loud thunder from outside,then rain starts to pour and more thunders could be heard.

"You know what? Forget about space,just stay," she grinned.

Kris smirked at her,"No no,you're right Byeol, I should go now," he stood up from the couch.

"Ah! Wait! No!" she hugged his waist from behind. Kris turned his head to see a scared Byeol,"What's wrong? Didn't you asked me to leave just now."

A loud thunder erupted from outside,Byeol squeezed Kris's waist tighter,"Just stay!"

He chuckled lightly and patted her head,"Well okay then,since you force me too."

Kris knew Byeol was never a fan of thunders and lighting especially when she's alone .She let go of Kris and scowled at him. *You'll get it someday Yifan* she continues to flip through the channel and stopped at a channel showing her favourite drama. Kris took the remote from her,"Yaa,it's already late.Go to sleep."

"It's still early! Don't treat me like a child!" she tried to reach for the remote but Kris held it higher.

"I might be sleeping anytime soon now. You won't have anyone to accompany you to sleep later," he slumped on the couch a little and closed his eyes.

"Aish! Fine fine,i'll go to sleep," she stomped her way to the room. Kris chuckled and continues watching the drama playing on the television.

 

 

"Kris? Are you still awake?" Byeol took a peek at the living room. Kris slowly woke up  when he heard Byeol's voice.

"Oh? Yeah,i'm awake. What's wrong?" he lightly rubbed his eyes."Err...I....can't sleep," she played with the hem of her shirt. Kris can still hear the thunder outside,"Afraid of the thunder?"

"Wh-what? No,of course not. I was just getting some water," she stuttured then went to the kitchen. Kris knew better that wasn't the reason. He grabbed Byeol's wrist before she can go to the kitchen then he swiftly carried her bridal style to her room. Byeol gasped and was shocked from Kris's action.

"Y..Yaa! Put me down!" she squirmed in his hold.

"Okay," he shrugged than let go of her on the bed carelessly. 

"Okay..Ouch!" she glared at him.

"Come on,that doesn't hurt at all. You should be grateful I didn't your let hit the floor,"  he slipped under the covers with her. That made Byeol turn red,"Yaa! What are you doing? Get out of my bed!" 

He wrapped his arms around her thus trapping her in his hold.

"Shhh,let's just go to sleep. I'm tired," he closed his eyes. Her face flushed deep red as she tried to squirmed out of his hold but fail to do so.

"You're stupid Kris," she huffed angrily but somewhere in her heart, she was grateful that she can sleep without worrying about the thunder now that he's here. She knew nothing can be done at the moment so she just tried sleeping and soon enough she was. Kris can hear her even breathings,indicating she's already asleep. He smiled dearly at the girl in his arms *If you weren't so afraid of the thunder I wouldn't be here idiot*

 

 

 

"No. You know your parents will be mad if they know you're going on a date with that jerk face" Kris firmly said.

Byeol facepalmed herself,"Kris, gosh why are you doing this? First of all, it''s not a date, it's for my class project. Apparently the teacher paired me up with him. Secondly,he has a name,it's Kim Jongin. How many times do I have to repeat this?"

"I don't know,never?! Because you are not going to his house," he said.

"Well I don't care what you say,I'm still going. Goodbye," she headed towards the door. Kris grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. She was about to lash out at him but decided not to when she saw a pain expression on Kris's face.

"Are you really that oblivious Byeol?" he stare at her.

"Oblivious about what?" she raises an eyebrow.

"About this," he pulled her towards him and crashed his lips inot her. Byeol was surprised and subconsciously closed her eyes.Something at the back of her mind told her that he should have done this years ago but that didn't matter now because she found herself kissing him back. It lasts for a couple seconds then Kris slowly pulled away and rested his forehead on Byeol's.

He gazed softly into her eyes for the first few seconds,"Be my girlfriend?"

"If you kiss me again then yes," she replied cheekily. Without a second thought Kris crashed his lips again into hers. Byeol put her arms around his neck kissing him back and at that moment they heard a gasp sound. Both of them turn around and saw a very shocked Eve.

"Err...Am I interrupting?" Eve grinned.