Final

Secret Admirer
secret admirer
 

“Aren’t you going to confess to him?”Jinri nudged Minju.  “It’s his birthday, and from the looks of it, he might get quite a lot of confessions.”

“Are you referring to Chanyeol?” Minju asked as she took out her books and quickly shut her locker.

“Who else can I refer to?” Jinri retorted.

She paused for a moment; seeing a huge crowd just in front of the canteen, Jinri dragged Minju over to get a good view of what was happening. Jinri just has a thing for things like that.

“Chanyeol, I really like you a lot; can we go out?” Minju looked pretty nervous, though she wasn’t involved. This was the Kim Yesol confessing – and she never confesses, she’s always been the one getting confession. Furthermore, Chanyeol looked pretty happy – either that or he’s always happy.

He took the box out of her hands; everyone looked pretty shocked – even his group of friends looked shocked. Yesol looked up at the boy, “These chocolates are good, and where did you buy them from?” She looked confused. Taking the box of chocolates out of her hand it would mean that he’s interested in her too right? Or was she wrong?

He then returned the box of chocolates back to the younger girl, “Sorry, I already have someone in mind.” He ruffled her hair a little, just like what an older brother would do to his younger sister; showing that he sees her as nothing but a younger sister. He then walked off with his friends.

“Nah, I’m good.” Minju said as she walked off too.

“You can’t just keep sending him love letters, and putting it under the name anonymous.” Jinri fought back.

“Yeah, I can.” She pulled out the note she wrote for him. “Watch me.” With that she quickly slipped the note through the gap.

“Whatever, let’s just quickly get to class.” Jinri rolled her eyes before linking arms with Minju, dragging her to their class.

---

"May I go the the toilet?" Jinri raised her hand. She wasn't the type who would into others' bussiness, but because it was her best friend, she had no choice but to do this.

Once she got the toilet pass, she quickly walked out of the class.

"Park Chanyeol.. Park Chanyeol.. Park Chanyeol." She chanted as she was looking for the boy's locker.

"Here." Taking the note she wrote earlier in class, she looked around before slipping it through the gaps. "Done." She then smiled to herself.

---

"Yah, will you hurry up?" Minju whined, looking at her friend who seemed to be eyeing someone. "Who are you looking at?" Minju asked while looking at the direction, but ended seeing a group of people.

"Are you looking at your crush?" She continued searching through the crowds of people.

"Huh, oh. It's nothing." She faked a smile. "I feel like eating at the rooftop today." With that, Jinri grabbed her arm pulling her up the stairs; not letting Minju say anything about it.

"But I didn't even agree to it, and plus, it's hot there." She retorted.

"Yeah, well, you quickly finish what you're supposed to do there, and you can go." She quickly opened the door, and pushed her in there; then finally locking the door. 

"Yah, Jung Jinri! Let me out!" Minju kept constantly slamming the door.

"Do what you're supposed to, and I will." She said in a sing-song voice.

"Do what? Eat?" Minju asked, quite confused.

"Turn around~" She said in the sing-song manner, again.

Turning around, she came face to face with her one and only crush; Park Chanyeol. He, too, looked pretty confused.

"I don't hear talking." She continued teasing them.

"So, you are my secret admirer?" Chanyeol started off. 

She nodded; she bored her eyes into his but somehow couldn't tell what he was thinking. His eyes, they were just blank — emotionless. At that point, she was afraid he would turn her down. Well, he did in fact turn down the prettiest girl in school, so what's the chance that he'd actually accept her. 

"I really do like you a lot." She braved herself to say everything.

"Oh." That was all he said after she pushed away her pride to say this, it really wasn't helping to the situation.

"Do you like me too?" She hoped that he'd at the very least give her a proper answer.

"Erm I-i." He paused. "I don't kno-"

"I understand." She retreated; she still had her pride and ego. "You could've at given me a proper answer."

She then started slamming the door. “Yah! Jung Jinri! Open the god damn door!” She shouted at Jinri.

Hearing her friend’s hoarse voice, she quickly unlocked the door. “You okay?” After giving her friend a quick nod, she rushed passed her.

So that’s what a heart ache felt like, maybe this is the reason why some girls don’t confess to the guy they like – more often than not, you’ll land into this pathetic state; a broken heart.

---

The next few days, Minju told her parents she wasn’t feeling well and hence stayed at home for a good three days. Her desperation to avoid Chanyeol seemed pretty serious.

However, it wasn’t all that good for Chanyeol too. First of all, the moment you left the roof top, Jinri started yelling at the boy – it wasn’t like he didn’t like her, in fact he does, but at that moment, he couldn’t get his mind straight. Second was the fact that he didn’t get the daily post it notes you would slip into his locker, or put on his table.

Though it seemed like a pretty small gesture, it made quite a big impact on him. The post it notes would be telling him not to sleep in class, study hard and what not, and that got him pretty motivated. But, now, not having those post it notes, he really didn’t want to do anything at all.

He wanted to make things right, but how? He was sure Minju wouldn’t want to see him now. And if he went to Jinri, she would probably start hitting him, but it was the only way.

“Jinri.” He called out with a somewhat terrified voice.

“What?” She hissed as she glared at the taller boy.

“I sort of need your help.” He paused for a second. “It’s about Minju, and I swear I really do like her. So, please?”

“Then why did you do what you did at the roof top?” She asked suspiciously.

“Because I realize that I don’t just like her, I lov-“ Before he could continue, she quickly cut him off. “Firstly, that is way too cheesy. Secondly, if you hurt her again, I will dissect your balls.” She warned.

“Does Minju not like cheesy things?”

“Nah, she’s a er for sweet talk.”

“So, you’ll help me?” He asked a little too excited.

“That’s if she would even get out of that house of hers.” She then pulled out her phone to message Minju. After a few minutes of waiting, she finally got a reply.

“Yes!” She cheered. “You’re meeting her at the café near the shopping mall at 12pm on Saturday, don’t screw it up, or I’ll screw your face up, got it?” Seeing him nod, she left.

---

Reaching the café, the girl quickly scanned through the café trying to find Jinri. Not being able to, she decided to just get a cup of drink while waiting.

Sitting there, waiting, for almost 10 minutes, she started to get a little impatient. Is she screwing around with me now? I’ll just wait another 5 minutes, and if she doesn’t come I’ll just leave.

Eyeing her watch, 12:14PM, she’d better be here. Looking up from her watch, she could see a bunch of white roses being held in front of her face.

Grabbing the roses, she then started to rant about her being late. “Yah, Jung Jinri. You think you can buy me roses after making me wa-“ Looking up, she realized it wasn’t Jinri, but the boy she loved.

Yes, as much as she didn’t want to admit it, she loves the boy.

“Why are you here?” She looked just as shocked as when he found out she was his secret admirer.

“I might have gotten the help from your dear friend.” He smiled as he took a seat across her.

“I don’t get it though; didn’t you say you didn’t have feelings for me?” She asked. “So, why are you here now?”

“Well, you cut me off.”

“You could’ve come after me.” She retorted.

“You left me dumbfound though.” He stared into her eyes deeply. “What I wanted to say was that I really did liked yo-“ And, again, she cut him off.

“’Did’?”

“I’ll explain it, okay. So, for now, you listen and don’t talk, don’t cut me off again.” He said in a teasing manner.

“As I was saying, I really did liked you, but when you asked me whether I liked you, it didn’t feel that way anymore. And before to come to any stupid conclusions; yes, I still have feelings for you. It’s just that, I might have actually fallen for you. I love you, Kwon Minju.” He looked serious; he didn’t have those cheeky smiles on his face, but a sweet and sincere one.

“I hate you.” She paused. “I hate you for making me feel this way.”

He leaned forward, seeing her cheeks flush up somehow made his heart flutter. “You’re cute when you’re blushing. Wait, no. Scratch that – you’re cute all the time.”

“Jinri told you about my weakness – sweet talking. Didn’t she?”

“Yes, she did. But you really are cute.” With that, he closed up the gap between the two and kissed the girl.

--rach at insomnia.

 

author's note.

Firstly, thanks for the read and the suscribe. Secondly, I know this is a little late but Happy birthday to EXO's one and only happy virus; well, belated birthday.

updated- 11/28/2013 - 1:38 AM - GMT +8