The Painting

Into My World [Multi-OneShot Stories]

“I didn’t know you could paint, Myungsoo. Not to demean you or anything but I’m really quite shocked and amazed at this hidden talent!”

Kim Myungsoo lightly blushed as he refused to look at her and continued to stare at the blank white canvass in front of him. He had summoned every last bit of courage he had to ask her to be his model—and now that she was sitting in front of him, with that heart stopping smile she was wearing, his brain was not starting to silently scold his heart.

“Make sure to make me look beautiful, Myungsoo~!” She lightly jokes as Myungsoo in turn smiles softly and peeks out from behind the canvass to look at her.

“I will.” He says, his voice full of softness, before looking back at the white canvass.

Cho Hee fidgeted in her seat as she waited patiently for Myungsoo to finish painting her picture. She had been a bit embarrassed that Myungsoo had asked her to be his model for his painting but she wasn’t completely against it too. Cho Hee admits that she maybe had a smidgen of a crush for the visual of Infinite. But she wouldn’t voice out her feelings though. No matter how strong they were, she doubted that Myungsoo would ever return them. That’s why she was happy—truly happy—that she could spend just a little bit of time with Myungsoo like this.

“Hey, Myungsoo?” She calls out as she tries not to move from her spot so as not to ruin painting.

“Hm?” Myungsoo replies without even looking from the canvass.

“Why me?” She asks, trying to sneakily steal a moment to scratch an itch.

“What do you mean?” He ask, eyes still on the canvass.

“I mean, why me as a model? You could’ve just ask Sunggyu, Woohyun, Howon, Dongwoo, Sungyeol or Sungjong  to be your model.”

“They’re all men,” Myungsoo replied with a small grunt of displeasure. “And impatient.”

Good point, Cho Hee thought. “I mean, does it have to be me?”

Myungsoo frowns as he moves away from the canvass and eyes her sadly. “If you really don’t want to…”

Cho Hee’s eyes widened. “No! That’s not what I mean, really! I was just curious that’s all!” Myungsoo lets out a small sigh of relief as he moves back to the canvass to continue his painting. Cho Hee slightly sighs in annoyance as she scratches another itch just below her elbow.

“Stupid,” She pouts. “All I wanted was just a compliment from you and how you actually WANT me to be your model!”


Cho Hee could only wait patiently and try to ignore the feverish want to scratch another itch.

“Myungsoo, is it done yet? By Shisus, I itch everywhere!” Cho Hee complained as her right leg (already asleep) twitched.

“Y-Yeah, it’s done.” Myungsoo says as he places the brush down.

“Great!” Cho Hee starts moving towards the canvass to see the finish product but Myungsoo immediately stops her.

“Wait!” He shouts and Cho Hee stops walking, confused.

“Why?” She asks.

A light color pink touched Myungsoo’s cheeks as he backs away slowly towards the door.

“I’MREALLYSHYABOUTITSOPLEASELOOKATITWHENILEAVEOKAY?BYE!”

Cho Hee blinked two times as she watches Myungsoo bolting out of the door faster than humanly possible. Cho Hee merely shrugs and moves towards the painting.

Expecting something great and grand, what she saw was something opposite to what she had expected. She cups in surprise as she eyed the canvass again and again. Her heart melted at the sight and with a boost of energy, she ran out of the door to chase down Kim Myungsoo.


And in the empty room, sat the canvass—illuminated by the rays of the sun as the words that almost brought Cho Hee to tears sparkled beautifully.

 

I can’t actually paint.

I just wanted to spend time with you

Because I really like you.