Day #2

Stay with me for three days

Author's POV

If you pay attention, you'll be able to see that a vast snow blanket has covered the whole town overnight,leaving only a few green random spots for people to enjoy a good walk on the park or reading outdoor but still, the streets seem more crowded than ever.

The town has come to life.

People escape from their boring and busy lives to start their haunt for the perfect present for that special person.It's funny how everyone rushes to buy their presents way before the Christmas day to avoid long queues and bumping into strangers who wander around the same streets they walk on but in the end they realize that everyone had the same idea.

Jin fixes the neck of his jacket as the strong wind threatens to undress him.His body shakes every time a snowflake  lands on his face.His blood circulation has already started to slowly stagnate.

What is he doing outside?Well he's making someone's wish come true.

The lights on the shops could easily caught your attention but Jin's eyes are set on the big door in front of him.

He lightly pushes the door,getting inside of the big monument before his eyes.He slowly walks down the aisle tucking his hands on his pockets,while his body temperature adjusts itself to the room's temperature.

His eyes meet his target who has his back turned to him.The long vestment that he's wearing only allows him to make slow and delicate moves,as he lightens every single candle on the altar.

Jin crosses himself and gets up clearing his throat.

The old and grizzly haired man jumps on his place surprised to find out that he's not alone.

"Good morning priest." Jin says trying to be as polite as possible.

The priest turns around showing a warm smile that makes the wrinkles around his eyes more evident.He intertwines his fingers and let's his hands rest on his belly as he walks closer to the nervous young man standing on the aisle.

"What brings you here son?" He softly speaks,putting a hand on Jin's shoulder to calm him down.

"I know this is going to sound like I'm crazy but I need you to marry my girlfriend and I,today."

"Young kids these days want to rush everything." He says laughing. "You should just seize the day."

"That's really not the problem.I...I  really need your help." Jin says with a trembling voice.

"You seem very nervous son.Do you want a glass of water?" The old man asks suspicious.

"No...no!You don't understand!I don't need a glass of water.I..."

"You need to understand that...Look,I'm sorry but you need to set the date months before the day you get married.I really can't help you at the moment but if it makes you happy, we can set the date of the wedding to next month.What do you think?"

Jin puts both of his hands on the priest's shoulders and looks him right in the eyes.

"I don't have a month...I don't have a week...all I had were three days..." He says with wet eyes.

"I don't under-"

The young man falls to his knees,hopeless.

"She only has two days left...she's..."

The priest watches as the young man drowns himself in tears.

"She's dying sir...My baby is dying..."

The priest kneels down to hold the other man,patting his back,only making his sobs louder.


"That will be 35,907$ sir." The young lady informs Jin as she puts the rest of the stuff he bought in some large bags.

He sighs, trying to remind himself that it's for a good cause.

He hands his credit card to the cashier.

"Please insert your code."

He presses the buttons thinking of his beloved bride who is probably sleeping right now.

"Thank you very much sir.Happy holidays."

Jin bows and leaves the shop carrying the bags on a shopping cart.


Jin peeks at the door to see if Minhee  is still asleep.

He didn't want to wake her up but to his surprise she's already awake and full of energy.

"Oppa!"  She says running to her boyfriend's embrace.

"Guess what." He says looking at her.

"What?"

"Hey...you need to guess,silly" He says squeezing her cheeks.

"Oppa!"

"Hm?"

"I love you."

Jin looks away blushing.

"Nice way to avoid my question."

She gives him an eye smile which melts his heart.

Jin reaches  out his hand  to his lover.

"Allow me to give you a tour,miss."

"Of course sir." She says taking his hand.


The two love birds walk down the corridor remembering the old times when they used to see k-dramas in which the lovers would walk around shyly holding each others hands as if it was such a big deal to do so.It's funny because some of the time they spent together was exactly like the scenes in those dramas.

From Minhee's point of view it might all have seemed so natural and unplanned but, truth be told, all those moments were very well planned by Jin and his grandmother who is also a fan of the romantic and enthusiastic dramas.

Suddenly Jin stops walking,turning his bride around.In front of them is another corridor with numbers on the doors.The door number 1 is the one closer to them.All the doors have symbols below the numbers.There are four doors.The symbols are a snowflake,a house,a bottle of soju and,in the last door there's a picture of Minhee and Jin.

"Do you see these four doors on your left,honey?" Jin asks pointing at them.

She nods.

"Well,each of these doors will take you to moments of the past that should have been different.Our relationship is good but not perfect so lets change that.Ok?"

"Wh-"

"Let's go."  Jin says taking her hand and getting in the first door.

The young lady's  eyes widen as she notices what's before her eyes.It's the recreation of the garden they visited last year on the Christmas day.The water coming out of the marble fountain has frozen and the snow won't stop falling.There's a big Christmas tree with dozens of lights  that illuminate the whole room.

The walls are covered with 3d drawings of the street and the buildings,houses,cafes and sidewalks surrounding it.

It really feels like they traveled back in time.Jin even played a CD with sounds of cars honking and speeding up to get to their destination and children singing their favorite Christmas carols.The only thing he didn't add to the recreation was wind because he couldn't risk to make his girlfriend sicker.

Jin hugs his girlfriend from behind and walks really close to her around the garden,stopping right in front of a green bench.

"Does this bring any memories back?" He asks looking ahead of him.

The wood bench in front of them resembles the bench where they had their first kiss.It was a very cold night so he got closer to Minhee,hugging her to make her warmer.The young lady hugged him back,wrapping her arms around him,with a smile from ear to ear.

After a moment of awkward but still meaningful silence they broke the hug.Jin returned to his original place rubbing  his hands together,gathering the courage to finally do what his lips were craving for.

As the seconds pass the pressure he feels gets higher and his heart beats get faster.

He takes quick glances at her who is purely smiling with her hands on her lap,looking at the opposite way where Jin is sitting.

They had been dating for a long time but he didn't want to rush things.His girlfriend had always preferred romantic things over predictable and boring ones.

He had the fame of a player so everything he did needed to have a meaning.Minhee was afraid of being "just another one" that he dated to add to his broken hearted girls collection.

Despite of having that fame he was head over heels for that girl so he never really felt the need to rush things,but he's a human being and as human being he has needs and one of them is to press his lips against hers.

"I was so nervous that day that I ended up screwing everything up." Jin says scratching his head.

"Nah.I was the one that screwed everything up.I thought you were trying to rush things even tho we were dating for such a long time." 

What happened was that  Jin felt like the right time to kiss her  wasn't coming so he just kissed her.It wasn't meaningful at all to her and it was so sudden that she got shocked, slapped him and ran away.

They both sit on the bench not letting go of each others hands.

"Minhee , you and my grandmother are the most important people in my life.You're not easy like the others and loving you feels so right that I can't stop doing it.That night I had planned to be as romantic as possible but it was such a big step for us.My plans didn't help me much and since it was the Christmas day I knew that I had to do something meaningful.I admit that I rushed things up but it was still a memory that I treasure to this day.

If I had to choose between you or my life I'd choose you because you're that important to me so since our first kiss wasn't as meaningful as I wanted it to be, I want you to replace that memory with this one."

 

Jin caresses her face getting closer to it.

"I love you too,you're the good in this man's heart."(He didn't say I love you back when she said she loves him earlier.)

Jin kisses Minhee and the lights on the tree start to blink to the sound of FT island's I confess.It's the song he sang to her when he asked her to be his girlfriend.


They get out the first door and head to the second one.

"Are you ready for the next memory?" He asks but doesn't wait for an answer.

He opens the door and they're greeted by a recreation of her living room.

"Wha-"

"Welcome home honey."

"Mom?What are you doing here?" She asks noticing that her family is there.

"Jin called us."

"He did?" She asks looking at him.

"Yes,I did.This is a recreation of the day that I met your family."

"Bu-"

"We're sorry for not having approved your relationship that day sweetheart."

"Dad..."

The whole family including Jin  hug each other.

What happened was that when Minhee took Jin to meet her parents they didn't like him because he didn't have parents and lived with grandmother.They were worried that if in the near future she decided to marry him,he wouldn't be able to provide for his family.

Jin told them that he would be with their daughter whether they liked it or not,which made them hate him more.The next time they saw him was when Minhee invited them to a restaurant to announce their marriage.

Everyone sits around the table with big smiles on their faces.

"Mr. and Mrs. Jeon,my name is Kim Seok Jin and I'm your daughter's boyfriend.I don't come from a rich family BUT I studied hard and was able to finish college so I will be able to provide for my family AND love them as much as you love your daughter."

Jin's speech went on and on until he said everything that he wanted and needed to say.

They ate the side dishes that were on the table and got to know each others.

Minhee's parents can see that he really loves her and there's no point in arguing whilhe their daughter is happily dying.

After eating everything they get up.

"It's time to head to the next door." Jin says taking his girlfriend's hand.


This time it's a recreation of a restaurant..yes,that restaurant.

Jin's grandmother is inside of the room waiting for them.He runs to hug her and the tiny and sweet old woman kisses his cheek.

"Everyone,please sit down." Jin says sitting next to his grandmother.

"The main reason why I invited you all to this restaurant is to announce that Minhee and I are getting married."

Everyone claps.

"We want to get married as soon as possible so let's set the date." He says winking at Minhee's mom.

"So,uhm,what about now?" Minhee's mom says.

"Now?!"Minhee asks surprised not being able to tell if they're still in the past or in the present.

"Sounds good to me." Jin says standing up and helping Minhee get up.

"Wait a minute.Now?"

"Now!"They all say laughing.


Minhee's mom and sisters took her to her hospital room to doll her up.

Jin really thought of everything.He told them to choose a dress and bring it to the hospital.

They sat her down in front of a mirror and begun their beauty session.

Meanwhile,Jin is on the fourth door.

Can you guess what's in that room?

It's the recreation of the church Jin visited today.It's not a memory from the  past but Jin needs to fulfill Minhee's dream while he still has time.

He invited some of them friends and put a photo of his parents on the altar.

From everyone's point of view everything is perfect but Jin keeps thinking that he could have done more.

He told his grandmother and his soon to be father in law to sit on the front.

The priest accepted his request after hearing the young man's story and there he is standing behind the altar.

Jin is so nervous that he is shaking.It's a big day for them but it's sad to think that he'll be a widower soon.

He looks at his grandmother who is already crying.She's such a lovely woman.He gives her a warm smile.Jin knows that she's probably thinking of some k-drama which makes him laugh inside.

"The bride is coming!" He hears one of Minhee's sisters say.

He straightens up and turns to the door's direction.

The door opens and a beautiful lady enters the room.She first gets surprise to find out that the fourth door leads her to a church but then she looks at her groom who is waiting for her at the altar.A smile roses on her face as she takes slightly delicate steps to the altar,holding her bouquet and her father's hand.

Everyone stood up.She looks around noticing all of her closest friends who give her bright smiles and thumbs up.It's the happiest day ever.

She gets to the altar and her groom takes her veil off her face.She whisper "I love you" and he whispers back "I love you too".Then they both turn their attention to the priest who is also smiling.He's wondering how a person who is going to die tomorrow is so radiant today.

"Judging by the look on your faces,I don't think any of you wants to hear my speech so I'll just skip the boring part." The priest says,making everyone laugh.

The priest places Minhee's hand on Jin's.

"Please face each other before I go on."

The two love birds do as they are told.

"Kim Seok Jin,will you take Minhee to be your wife, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish her friendship and love her today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor her, laugh with her and cry with her? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?"

"I will."

"Jeon Min Hee,will you take Jin to be your husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?"

"I will."

"With that, I now pronounce you man and wife.You may kiss the bride."

They kiss and everyone claps for them.Jin's grandmother is the one who is clapping the loudest.She's crying but has a big smile on her face.She feels like she's part of a K-drama.

They break the kiss.

"Are you happy?" Jin asks.

"I've never been happier." Minhee replies kissing him again.

She wrappes her arms around her husband while they kiss.But this time her husband feels her bride's grip getting weaker.Her arms let go of him and hang as her head rests on his shoulder.Her body gets heavier and makes him take a step step back.

He holds her shoulders and lightly pushes her to look at her.Her eyes are closed and there's a peaceful feel on her face.Her parents run to her side.Her father lifts her up and runs out of the room holding her in his arms.

The groom stands still at the altar.The only things moving are the tears falling from his eyes.He thought they would have another day...