Cold Night

It's destined, TO BE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He couldn't believe what the doctor told him.

His wife... death...

Nonono the doctor was lying. A big liar.

Where did they hide his wife.

This can't be... Where is she! WHERE! WHERE! WHERE! Sunggyu was about to go crazy.

“Where is my wife?! I want to see my wife immediately!” Sunggyu shouted.

“I'm sorry, Mr Kim. We did everything that was possible, but she had lost too much blood. She tried really hard, but the damage of her physical appearance was too high” The doctor explained.

“NO, that's not true! You are lying! That can't be true!” Sunggyu took steps backward and shacked his head in disbelief.

The operating-room nurses tried to calm him down, but he couldn’t hear anything. His mind was black. Those people in white smocks were hiding his pregnant wife and were lying to him.

But he wouldn't fall for it. Not for the pity in their eyes, nor for the calming words.

He heard people crying and screaming, but that was too far away.

He knows his beloved wife needed him now. She was a scary cat and hated hospitals. She would want to see him. He had to look for her or she would be really mad at him.

He knows that she would get even more scared by the time and if he didn't show up, she would begin to cry. And she is pregnant, she shouldn't get overstressed. The baby would be affected and get hurt as well, he reasoned. For himself, like in a last effort.

He couldn't think straight, everything went black.

No, No, they can't trick him, even if they try. Of course he wouldn't believe them, because they were clueless about the promise that Sunggyu and his wife made to each other.

He has to find her right now, apologize to her because he wasn't there to protect her, for not being by her side earlier.

Now!


 

He pushed the doctor and the operating-room nurses aside and tried to make his way into the operating room. Hands grabbed him from behind. He tried to shove it off, but was pulled back.

“Let me go!!! I have to go to my wife! She is definitely waiting for me. I have to go unto her, let me go! She hates the hospital and get easily scared, she would want to see me.” He tried to explain it, but the hands didn't let go of him.

Songgyu couldn't free himself and cried of in desperation and pain. He had to see his wife.

His wife would be really mad at him, because he needed so long.

Fear and panic took him over and was about to draw him... He tried to push it down... but he couldn't take it... So

It was painful... j.. just so painful.

Someone was screaming. So loud, so long... The voice was stamped from so much pain. An endless, helpless scream...

It took him a while to realize that it was he who was screaming.

Sunggyu was falling from this world. Losing himself in an endless black hole.

After feeling a prick in his arm, he lost consciousness.


 

The hospital personnel took him to a room and he slept for a while.


 

By the time he woke up the doctor had to give him another sedative injection, because he would cry, scream and harm himself. His family and friends were really worried but they didn't know what to do. The doctor told them that the shock was too overwhelming for Sunggyu. “Please be patient with him. The anxiety attacks are a reaction from his body because of the pain he is feeling. His body tries to find a way to escape the pain, but he will calm down by the time.” the doctor explained.


 


 

“My dear son. He has to go through so much pain.” Sunggyus mother sobbed. “Losing his other half and his child he wasn't even able to hold in his arms even ones. My poor daughter-in-law *sob* why did you had to leave us.... leave us in your young age.

It wasn't supposed to be like this *sob* yo-you... we had to go first then you...” Mrs Kim scolded her daughter-in-law, knowing that she wouldn't be able to hear her complaining any more.

“That- that's right daughter! Why aren't you listening to your mother-in-law. Have I risen you that way? *sob* listen to the older...” she burst out in tears again.

Seeing the mother of her daughter-in-law crying like that, Mrs Kim regrets her whining before. She had just calmed down a little...


 


 


 


 

Two weeks later


 

The funeral was over and the life went on.

Sunggyus parents were worried about him, so they refuse to let him go home for the time being, since Sunggyu wasn't like himself anymore.

He wouldn't eat or drink anything if his mother wouldn't force him. Sleeping was out of question as well. He would sit on the veranda at nights and look at the darkness before him, with an empty look in his eyes. Sometimes he would sit there until the morning sun would rise.

Just with his pyjamas on. By the time he would stand up and go to his room, his body would then be could like ice. Once his mother found him after waking up unconscious on the veranda. She screamed and cried so loud, because she thought that Sunggyu was dead after she touched his cold body, that the whole neighborhood came together.

Sunggyu had to stay for several days in the hospital because his body was supercooled. His parents were really scared because of his actions.

Was he trying to commit suicide?

After that accident, his mother would wake up every night to bring him some blankets, since they couldn't stop him from going out on the veranda at nights.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter