A Cup of Sweet Espresso, please? - Chapter 10

A Cup of Sweet Espresso, please?

“Kevin. I think I have a good news for you.” Kiseop said, eyeing the door like an eagle, carefully monitoring every movement happening a distance away from him.

Kevin looked up curiously at Kiseop, who smiled back, gesturing at the door. Turning his head to the shop entrance in hopes of getting an idea of what Kiseop is saying, he quickly stood up from his seat before the counter and gasped softly.

Kibum was here.

Hurrying over as quietly as possible so he didn’t look too desperate or something, he smiled widely and greeted Kibum. “Good morning, Kibum-ssi! Let me lead you to your seat.”

“Morning.” Kibum smiled back, slightly bowing to the other workers as well, something Kevin have been too busy to notice before.

Seriously, how perfect is Kibum? On the scale of one to ten, Kibum must be a hundred.

Kibum easily slipped into his chair once they reached his usual spot, then placing his belongings on the table like always. Raising his head with a smile, he nodded when Kevin asked if he was going to drink the usual drink.

“Yep, the usual – double shot espresso for me, thanks Kev.” Kibum thanked, eyes then concentrating on the laptop screen before him, typing his password swiftly and then waiting for his account to load.

The waiter smiled back, writing down the order on the order pad even though he really didn’t have to. He just wanted to drag the time a little more, as he continued trying to phrase the question he ached to ask in the best way possible. Kevin fidgeted for another second more, before slightly running off to the counter to tell the order.

Alexander pinched Kevin’s cheek with a grin, laughing softly. “Someone must be so happy right now.”

Kevin blushed, pressing his lips together to hide his smile as if denying the fact Alexander just said. Only thanking Kiseop for making the coffee, he placed the cup on his tray and his toes back to Kibum.

“Here’s your coffee. Sorry for the wait.” Kevin bit his lower lip and placed the coffee where it had always been placed, hugging his tray while waiting for Kibum to say something in reply.

“Don’t apologise to me. You know I’m fine with the wait, anyway.” Kibum gave his usual warm smile, before turning back to type in a really fast speed. He did so for three seconds, before looking at Kevin with another smile, noticing Kevin’s fidgeting body. “Yes, Kev?”

“Uh...I...”

“Kevin!” Soohyun called out in a hushed voice, pointing at the door with a couple walking in. Dongho was taking orders already, and Kevin looked back at Kibum hesitantly before running away once more.

Kibum shook his head with a amused smile on his face, turning to nod at his laptop before taking a sip of the coffee.

It was just three minutes later when Kevin walked back and took in long, deep breaths. Kibum looked up with a kind smile, waiting patiently.

“I…where…” Kevin sighed. He really needs to garner the courage from within him. “W-Where did you go for the past five days?”

“Oh, that.” Kibum chuckled in understanding. “Sorry, I didn’t know you were looking out for me. I went to San Francisco.”

Kevin blushed. “I wasn’t…wasn’t looking out for you. Just…curious. San Francisco? Why did you go there?”

“I wanted my character to grow up there.” Kibum shrugged. “So I visited it and spent time thinking what sort of people my character might have encountered in his life, what sort of scenes he had seen.”

“Wow, you’re doing so much for your book.” Kevin clapped subconsciously, a little unwilling to let the conversation just die on that note. “Well…was it fun?”

“I don’t really fancy vacations actually.” Kibum laughed, shaking his head to the question. “So, not really? But it’s quite pretty in some places and all. Also, all the English made my head spin, though I realised they speak a little slower than we do.”

“They do?” Kevin widened his eyes, letting a small gasp express his fascination. “That’s cool, I didn’t know that!”

Kibum smiled while nodding his head, before gesturing at Soohyun subtly. “He looks annoyed, you might want to go appease him.”

The waiter looked behind him and realised who Kibum was talking about. Chewing on his lower lip guiltily, he knew Soohyun had constant reminded him to not speak to Kibum, and he might just get another long lecture once more.

Kevin lowered his volume and whispered quickly. “I’ll talk to you soon!”

Kibum hummed a reply, watching Kevin quickly run off towards the door, leading the customers to their seats though Dongho got to them first. Dongho looked curiously at where he remembered Kevin to be coming from, noticing Kibum and Soohyun.

“Oh.” Dongho shrugged, smiling once more when a couple walked in. “Welcome!”

Kevin then hurried scribbled down the orders of the group he was attending to with a smile before making his way to the counter and giving the order. Noticing Soohyun appearing at the corner of his eyes, he gave the counter a push and swiftly returned to the door, waiting for a customer to appear.

“Kevin-“

“Give him a break.” Alexander frowned motherly, standing akimbo. “And go into the kitchen to help Eli!”

“…” Soohyun looked worriedly at Kevin, who was making small conversations with this little girl who was shyly hiding behind her mother. Kevin then stood up and smiled at the proud parents, before leading them to an empty table. “Make sure he doesn’t speak to Kibum.”

Alexander blinked distractedly, concentrating more on adding the right amount of steamed milk into the cup of cappuccino. “Hm?”

Soohyun scrunched up his nose, realising what he said. “I said, make sure he doesn’t speak to that double espresso customer.”

“I was pretty sure you said something else?” Alexander raised his head as he placed the cappuccino on Dongho’s tray. “What did you say?”

“That’s exactly what I said.” Soohyun quickly lied, looking away. “I’ll go in the kitchen now, keep an eye on Kevin.”

Alexander shrugged as Soohyun walked into the kitchen, before an idea struck him. “Hah, I’ll keep an eye on Kevin, but not the way you want me to~!”

“What are you mumbling to yourself about?” Kiseop raised an eyebrow, nudging Alexander.

“Just watching a beautiful love story unfold.” Alexander giggled, unwilling to say further.

“Two cup of latte and one cup of mango smoothie, along with an Oreo cheesecake.” Kevin said off his order pad, before glancing at the café’s entrance. When nobody was in sight, he turned back to look around the counter. “Where’s Soohyun-hyung?”

Alexander grinned widely, beckoning Kevin to lean forward as he whispered to him, keeping Kiseop out of their secret. “He went into the kitchen, you can go talk to that customer of yours and I won’t say a word~!”

Kevin blushed bright red, biting his lower lip and looking into Alexander’s eyes for confirmation. “Are you on my side?”

“Of course!” Alexander’s eyes brightened. “I’m always on the cute people’s side! Soohyun isn’t cute, but you are very cute, so I’m on your side!”

Kevin didn’t register Alexander’s long rant, only having a widening smile stretched across his face. “Thank you, Xander-hyung!”

-

o(~^___^~)o
KEVIN HAS A COMRADE! Lol, kidding. 
So, 40 subscribers! /dances around in a happy dance!
Along with 8 comments which gave me strength, so KIBUM CAME BACK! LOL XD