Final

Red Hue

Another look and there’s another twitch, a repetitive game. Which Kyungsoo is desperately wants to end, just so he won’t be in this uncharted territory. With insects inside his stomach – he insists even if the right phrase is ‘butterflies’, and being uncomfortable at most of the time. Also, he supposed walking two meter away from a girl – an innocent one that is, is actually really rude of him.

His hand makes its way inside of the front pocket on his dark gray trench coat. Fingers brushing something, and that makes something fluttering inside of his chest. Kyungsoo took a sharp breath, trying to calm his palpitating heart. It was a futile attempt, and in the end he questioned himself, why his heartbeat just increased oh-so dramatically because of it.

Just a box, inside of his pocket. Nothing more, nothing less. A simple white textured box with golden ribbon tied around it. Still, even if he tried to remind himself, that even from the looks of things it wasn’t going to be something eventful. Something that shouldn’t make his body reacts as if he just run a marathon. However as he looked at the same curly, messy brown locks, Kyungsoo’s entire being is turned into a pile of goo.

His nails grazed the small white box inside his coat before gathering his messy thoughts and courage – and failing at the first one. “Yah,” he calls out, and the girl in front of him; petite with slight tanned skin, only a shade lighter than Jongin, with chocolate colored eyes and brown wavy locks, is now looking at Kyungsoo with a nonchalant look.

She her head to the side, her wavy mid length hair follows the movement naturally. “What?” she asked at him in a tiny voice. Kyungsoo take a second look. This girl, the girl who just popped out of nowhere, with eyes with innocence of them, yet with the mischievous glint stays. And, if one meet her, they will hardly forget her natural brown colored locks, wavy and thick. Not to mention, unruly. Extremely. To the point Kyungsoo was on verge of jumping at the poor girl and do something extreme. For more than once, he even thought of just cutting her hair short. But, that will make her cuteness van-

Kyungsoo sighed heavily as he’s now right in front of the girl. One thing, even if he’s not exactly a tall person – heck, shorter than most of his friends, he finds himself towering the small girl. He let himself mesmerized with the curious yet cautions eyes he looked at, before taking out the item that he had been holding for a while.

“What is it?” The boy heard the girl asked, wondering as her slim fingers untangled the golden ribbon. Kyungsoo’s eyes are not leaving the box, until the girl pulled out the item out of the simple white box. He could see the girl’s mouth agapes, not saying anything.

For some reason, there’s anticipation building inside of him. “So?” he absentmindedly said. The girl looked up at him, he could see the item between the girl’s fingers. The bright red colored item looks more eye-catching thanks to her snow white trench coat, but matches greatly with the red scarf around her neck.

She coughed, trying to dismiss the lump inside . “Umm… thanks. You don’t have to though…” the girl mumbles, fingers playing with the end of her wavy hair. Kyungsoo once more feeling nervous as he scratched the back of his neck.

“It’s nothing. Beside it’s my Christmas gift for you” he added as the girl nodded her head. Kyungsoo watches the girl struggling to get the annoying part of her messy hair to get clipped by a cherry red hairclip from the boy, who hope with that small gift, the girl’s hair gets neat, somehow. Yet, he gets the same itch, now because the girl’s failed attempt to wear it properly.

Without thinking, Kyungsoo took a step closer. “Let me,” he says before fixing the girl’s hair and used the red colored hairclip to make sure parts of her long bangs won’t covering the girl’s eyes anymore. As he was done, Kyungsoo took a step back to make sure of his work, only to have his breath halted for a second.

He could feel blood rushed to his cheek and his eyes widened.

The girl somehow looks different. White snow is starting to fall, flakes dusting the top of the girl’s hair. Her red scarf making the girl’s cheeks looks rosy. Sure, sometimes Kyungsoo thought the girl was quite cute. But then, with the red hairpin on her hair, without the unruly annoying bangs covered her face, Kyungsoo could see all her features. One thing that had caught his breath is the pair of eyes, staring deeply at him, scrutinizing him, but she still looks really-really-really cute. Her irises weren’t just chocolate, there’s also another shade, but Kyungsoo couldn’t quite decipher what color is it. Yet, that what’s making him continue to stare, as if the girl was merely a statue, a beautiful one at that.

An annoyed sound came from the girl. Kyungsoo returned from the dreamland to only hear the girl snapped. “Don’t boring holes in my skull,” the girl said lastly before turning around and resumed their walk to home, as they were neighbors in the first place. After she told him that, it seems Kyungsoo just remembered his first intention for walking with the girl after a friendly party over their buddies.

Kyungsoo sighs and he also started to walk once more, hands inside his coat, seeking for warmth. He stares at his shoes before looking up. He saw the sight of the girl once more, messy hair trailing behind her. And… his eyes twitched once more as he tried to bury the urge to tie her hair into a neat ponytail.

The girl looks behind her and pouted. “Kyungsoo~, hurry up!” she shouted in a high pitched voice, like a child looking she is. However, aside of all that, the boy once more feel his face heated up. Looking to the side, hiding his face, Kyungsoo mumbles his answer.

His eyes caught the sight of the girl’s hair again and like it always been, his eyes twitched.

Like a ritual, repetitive, Kyungsoo thought as he continued to walk, following the girl who skipping between the stone of the pavements. He’s not even surprised when his eyes twitched once more. Maybe he has to endure it again, maybe it would just continue eternally, Kyungsoo has no idea.

However as he looks up, at the night sky, white flakes of snow showering his face, he was sure for something. Do Kyungsoo will take no mind. As long as he could fall in love with the girl all over again, like a broken record. 


A/N: Write this approximately an hour, so this is practically spew of words -.-