Maple I

Maple and Oak

 

 

MAPLE I

the way her fingers mold against my skin, making me give in to her simple touch. i couldn't do it. her accusations killed me but i loved the pressure she'd set up when she stared into my eyes. she'd snarl at me but i'd only love it. and to no avail, she would sing to me the lyrics of her feelings. the harmonics and melodies that she would play into me over and over again.

we lived life simple.

if i bit her, she'd bite back. and that's the only way i know she loves me still. what was mine was her's. and what was her's was mine. it hurts when i'm too far from her and i get the heavy feeling that i just want to bruise myself.

she was oak and i was maple.

when birds fly, don't they ever get scared to fall?

i kept finding ways to meet her. i knew it was futile but i did anyways. i found my sole happiness in her and nothing else could have completed me. i couldn't find another just like her. the problem was, there was no other like her. 

she gave me reasons to keep on going. and it was only painful to. pain was the only reason i knew i was still alive. there were things i should have told her, but i knew it would hurt her. so i buried them and let them hurt me instead.

she said she was sad.

so i said, don't forget to smile.

she was like a blank book that i could fill in with our story.

"don't you think it would have been much better?"

"what?"

"don't you think it would have been much better."

"i don't know."

"hey, sulli." "yeah?"

"nothing." i could feel her smiling through that nothingness. she told me so much about how she wanted to be the moon and that i could be her sun. and i told her about how i wanted to be maple and she could be oak. that one by one, our leaves would fall synchronized until all we had left was each other.

i didn't know where our story was leading us, but i followed her footsteps one after another.

"take me with you." "what?"

"i said take me with you."

she told me to take her with me, i didn't know where i was going. in fact, i was following her. so i chose to take her to the moon where she wanted to be.

"where are we going?"

"no time for questions."

"if you have time to answer that question, then why don't you just answer?"

"to the moon."

"problem." "what?"

"i don't want to be at the moon."

"why?" "it just reminds me so much of how i want to be the moon. so take me to the sun instead."

"you told me to take you with me." "yeah, but not there."

and i hugged her. i embraced her tightly, tucking her under the nook of my neck.

"what are yo-" "you wanted the sun."

"take me home." she said. and i was scared because no one could understand soojung. i didn't know whether she was satisfied or she wasn't. she was a mystery. i wanted to know so much what was going on in her head.

"okay." so i took her home.

 

 

 

 

 

THANK YOU FOR READING, 

YOUR FEEDBACK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

UPVOTE/SUBSCRIBE/COMMENT