01

Book Store

 

Byunghun was your average boy he made good grades in school, he never got in trouble, no fights, a calm boy, or that’s what it seemed. Byunghun had a dark secret he hid from everyone. His parents where filthy rich, but the down side to that fact is they were never home. They went off on business trips every week leaving Byunghun to be raised up by his nanny. Byunghun had a brother that he hasn’t even seen before. His parents kept them separated because they knew Byunghun didn’t want to take over their company. His brother on the other hand did. He went to business trips with his parents and got most of their love and money. Byunghun’s parents pretty much disowned him. Whenever his parents where home they did nothing but drink. They abused poor Byunghun and neglected his feelings or the fact that he was ill. Byunghun would always stay sick. He had asthma since he was born, and constantly has to make trips to the doctors for checkups. He was sixteen at the time and he did everything his parents hated. Byunghun dyed his hair blond and stayed out late. No one knew where he went or why. His parents thought he did bad things but he really didn’t. 

Byunghun had been secretly working at a book store for many months now. His Nanny was the only one who knew. She supported Byunghun and his actions. His parents would really disown him if they knew. Books had always been Byunghun’s safe place. He zoned out completely when he read a book. It made him feel as if he was the main character of the story.

Byunghun was on his way to work and decided to stop by the coffee shop beside his work place. He got himself an Americano and quickly went to work. Byunghun loved his coffee as much as he loved his books. Every morning before work he would stop by and get an Americano. As he walked into work with his school uniform on, he bowed to the ahjumma at the front desk as he made his way to the back. He unlocked his locker and placed his school bag on the hook. Byunghun put on his name tag and went out to fix a few of the books that where miss placed. His work day went by quickly. No one really showed up at the book store that day so he pretty much only walked around looking through the books or sat on the edge or the second floor balcony.

On Byunghun’s way back home it was very cold. He was lucky that he brought his scarf. He had it wrapped around him quiet a lot. It was a big scarf and he loved the warmth it brought. He quickly made his way back home with a smile on his face. When he walked through the door that’s when his smile faded to a frown. His parents where there at the house. They were obviously about to leave again.

“Byunghun-ah we came by to get more clothes. Your mom and I have another business trip and will be gone for quite a while.” His father said carrying most of the luggage. “What is that?” His mother said pointing to the name tag on Byunghun’s shirt.

Byunghun mentally slapped himself. ‘How could I forget to take this off?’ He thought to himself. “It’s nothing Umma.” He mumbled putting down his bag. He quickly took off the name tag and placed it in his bag.

“I’m sure it’s something.” She said grabbing it out of his bag reading the words on it. “A book store…. Byunghun are you working at a book store?!” She had anger in her voice and in her eyes. “How many times do we have to tell you to stay away from those cursed things?”

Byunghun let out a deep sigh he knew it was all over now. His parents probably hated more than they ever could. “I’m sorry…” Byunghun looked at the ground. His father began to get mad too. “This is why we like your brother better. He doesn’t read those things that corrupt your mind and make you have these weird fantasies in your head.” With those words coming from his father it broke Byunghun’s heart.

His Parents glared at him for what it seemed to be hours. “If you don’t quit your job you can forget about ever stepping foot in this house again.” His mother yelled. Byunghun felt tears in his eyes. 

He never understood why his parents never loved him. He was born the youngest of the house. They should spoil and love him like he is still a baby. Byunghun was sixteen and still in high school. His parents where kicking him out with no money. Byunghun didn’t complain much he just packed his stuff said his farewells to his nanny and left.

Byunghun had only one place to go. He ran to the book store. He explained everything to the ahjumma at the front desk and she agreed to let him stay there for a week until he found a place to stay. A week to find a place to stay sounded easy, but not for him. He didn’t really have many friends. Books were all he needed. They’re all he knew. Books were his everything.

 

 

Author note:

It's not a long chapter but it gives you the basics on Byunghun. More drama and more agnst to some. kekeke. <3