Final

You Are My One And Only

Final---You Are My One And Only


Rae Mi stared at the letter in her locker, sighing. This happens everyday. When she comes to school and opens her locker, there will definitely be a letter in it. She knows who is the one writing it. Its just that she doesnt return his feelings. 

Her fingertips grazed the surface of the envelope before she grabbed it, crumpled the letter and slam her locker shut. She threw the crumpled letter into the rubbish bin as she passed by it to get to her class. 

Hansol stared at her every actions with a heavy heart. He was hurt by her actions. However, Rae Mi might not know that Hansol knows her feelings for Xero. 

He watched her looked at his friend and knew the look in her eyes. The one that he had when he looked at her. Hansol wanted to tell her, to tell her that Xero wont love her. But he knew it wasnt true. 

The day when Dasom confessed to Xero, Xero had told him that he had his eyes set on Rae Mi but had no guts to tell her that. Xero accepted Dasom's confession becuz he is using her to forget his feelings for Rae Mi and Hansol knows that.

"Oppa! You arent listening to me, again!" Dasom whined as Xero jumped slightly from her voice. He had been watching Rae Mi the whole time Dasom was talking to him. "It better dont happen again!" Dasom pouted and cling onto his arm. Xero watched silently but continued walking. 

Before he started dating Dasom, he believed that Dasom was the IU of their school, just like everyone else. But when they started dating, Xero realised that the 'IU image' was a fake. In real, Dasom was a whiny and immature child. She would act like a if she feels that a female student is flirting with him. 

It will be easy to dump her, actually. But since in everyone's eyes she was the perfect and cute dongsaeng, Xero cant do anything about it. 

Xero was curious as to who had always been the one sending those letters to Rae Mi. He never knew the answer and even asked his friends about it. No one knew the answer. 

"Oppa~Why dont we go on a date this weekend? It has been a long time since we went out!" Dasom whined again. Xero looked at his twelve friends for help. 

"Um...Dasom-ah, Xero cant make it this weekend. He have a match to go to." Sehyuk said. Xero knew it was a reminder rather than an excuse. He had totally forgotten about the underground cage fight that he had to go to. 

Dasom frowned in confusion. "What match?" She asked Xero. He just shook his head and shrugged her off, trying to leave. The rest left too, leaving Dasom whining. Again.

Rae Mi sat in the classroom alone. There is 30 more minutes before classes begin. A group of girls passed by the classroom and Rae Mi overheard their conversation. 

"I heard that Dasom has been left alone again." 

"Serious? Maybe i might have a chance with Xero oppa then?"

"Tch if you had a chance, it is definitely over my dead body!"

"Hey, share okay? Share."

Rae Mi lowered her head and smiled sadly. Even if Xero breaks up with Dasom, she would be the last choice of his. 

She stared at her book that was placed on her desk. 'Teardrop' that was written by Lauren Kate. She started reading it. Maybe its becuz Rae Mi had went to Canada and studied before so she find it no problem for her to read that book. 

A pair of warm hands covered her eyes. "Arent you tired of reading?" Hansol's voice was heard. Rae Mi sighed inwardly and removed his hands from her eyes. 

"What is it this time?" She tried to ask politely. Hansol lean in closer to her face, causing her to lean back slightly. 

"Are you going to come this weekend?" Rae Mi pushed him away and nodded. She was a 'fan' of the underground cage fights and he knows it. "Xero is fighting." Rae Mi looked at him. 

"Bwoh?!" 

"Why are you so shock? Its not the first time he fought!" Hansol said. 

"I mean, wont his opponent be..." Hansol nodded and Rae Mi frowned slightly. "Dont worry, Xero can do this." Hansol sat down beside her. "It is dangerous though..." Rae Mi said, looking at her hands. "Oh come on. You had seen how he fights. He definitely can win." 

"In terms of strategy. Not strength." Hansol picked up her book, frowning while trying to read. "Are you saying that he is weak?" 

"B-Bwoh?! Aniyo! Why would i say such things?" Rae Mi snatched her book back. "Hansol hyung!" Rae Mi froze. The voice of Xero made her whole body tensed up. Hansol glance at her before looking back to Xero. 

Turning away from Hansol, Rae Mi stare at her book. From the corner of her eyes, she saw Hansol stood up and left. Rae Mi tried to put her concentration on her book. After the two of them had left, Rae Mi let out a soft sob.

"Why is it so hard to forget you?" She whispered while staring at the closed door. 


Rae Mi looked around, finding an empty spot on a bench to sit. The place she was at is noisy, the people around her are talking about the two that are going to fight. 

Most of them are guys, rarely a few girls. The only girls are together all the way at the back. One of them caught sight of Rae Mi and gestured for her to join them. 

Hansol kept his eyes on Rae Mi and made sure she found a seat before looking back to Xero. He, too, was looking at Rae Mi. Dasom, who had insisted on coming, looked around the place with judgeful eyes.

"This place is so noisy. It is so dark too. Why are all the people outside wearing black? It is so hot in here. It is just so dirty too. Ew." Dasom complained. None of the guys talked to her and continued preparing their friend for the match. 

"This time, your opponent has strength but no brain. Its empty here." B-Joo said, pointing to his temple. Xero nodded. He cracked his knuckles and smirked. 

"Im gonna make sure he doesnt walk out of here alive." He said. Dasom frowned slightly but said nothing.

"You know Xero?!" 

"Ani, not exactly know him but he is sunbae of mine at school." Rae Mi explained to the girls. 

"Woah...you are so lucky! Did you caught his eye?" 

"He has a girlfriend. But i do hear some people trying to spread rumours that he likes me." Rae Mi said, remembering when the whole school had hated her for a month becuz of some stupid rumours. 

A girl opened to say something but she was cut off by another girl. "Look! The match is starting!" 

Dasom gaped when she saw how bloody the match was getting. She shut her eyes tightly and squealed in disgust while the spectators continued cheering. "This is sick!" She shouted, trying to make herself heard. 

"You shouldnt have come if so!" Some random guy from behind shouted.


"Rae Mi-ah!" Rae Mi heard Hansol call out for her. The match has ended with Xero's opponent being dragged away becuz he was only left with half of his life.

"What is it?" 

"Come to a place with me. Please?" Hansol pleaded while looking at her with puppy eyes. Rae Mi hestitated but nodded nonetheless. 

Meanwhile, Dasom whined as Jenissi dragged her away from Xero. Without the knowledge of Xero and Dasom, the rest of Topp Dogg had discussed that they should be matchmakers and match Xero with Rae Mi since they noticed how the two looks at each other. 

Dasom was left alone at the station and she whined again before pulling her phone out to call her driver. Hansol, meanwhile, had pushed Rae Mi into the preparation room where he knew Xero was. 

It was heartbreaking for him to do this but he still did. After that, he shut the door and left the two inside. Leaning against the door, he let his tears escape as he think of what will be happening behind the door he was leaning on. 

"Rae Mi?" Xero had a couple of wounds n his arms and face but nonetheless he still look perfect. Rae Mi turned to face him. Xero kind of got the idea of what his friends were doing and smiled. 

Rae Mi stared at him as he approached her, both of them were nervous. 


The whole school was talking about the new couple. Dasom was left alone. After knowing how bratty Dasom could get, the whole school thinks that Xero and Rae Mi makes a great match. 

During lunch break, the two had ran away from everyone else to the school garden to get some time alone. There, they had their sweetest moment. 

"MiMi-ah."

"Hm?"

"Saranghae."

"Nado, saranghae."

"Want to know a secret?" Xero asked, looking at her while she looked up at him.

"What is it?"

"You are my one and only." Rae Mi smiled and leaned her head on his shoulder. "Thats not a secret, oppa. Cuz i also feel the same."

And his lips touched hers.