Proposing My Love for You

Crazy Proclamation of Love

It was a normal afternoon, sunny and warm. A perfect day for a walk to the park, and that’s what our favorite couple decided to do. Hand in hand, they took a stroll down the park.

“Hunchae.” Jiyong looked sideways to his girlfriend.

“What is it oppa?” Chaerin faced him.

“Nothing.” He smiled ahead.

“You better not do my tactic before on me because it won’t work, you copy-cat.”

Jiyong let out a chuckle. “Of course not Chae, you know that I just really like calling you ‘Hunchae’.”

Chaerin sigh. “So weird.”

“Are we on this again? Cause we both know that we’re both weird. Well less weirder than the aliens.

“I know oppa. It’s just that sometimes I just don’t understand the stuff that you do.”

“What do you mean?”

“Remember that time when…”

 

“Hunchae! Hunchaaeeee!” Chaerin looked ahead to see Jiyong standing on a park bench screaming his lungs out while waving madly at her. He messaged her earlier that he will wait for her until her classes has finish, so that they can walk home together.

“Hunchaeaeee! Hunchae!!” Jiyong’s grin widen at the sight of her. Chaerin mentally face palm herself seeing how idiotic he looked and people are starting to stare and whisper.

Jiyong was a popular guy around campus, one that has a reputation of a badboy. People mostly see him as a cold and arrogant person because on how he carries himself with confidence, like a king to add to that that he works as a part-time DJ at her older cousin’s (Teddy) club and the best one at that. Contrary to popular belief, he was actually the opposite once you get to know him. Deep inside, Jiyong is like a child, playful and gets easily possessive. Like a child not wanting to share his toys with others, especially if it concerns Chaerin.

Chaerin heard a giggle beside her. Dara was stopping herself from laughing and Chaerin knows that it won’t last before she laugh out loud.

“Unnie stop it. It’s not funny.”

“S-sorry Pudong-ah, it really is. You netter go there right now and stop him before he humiliate his self further.” Dara said before walking away with a wave of her hand.

Chaerin looked back to Jiyong who was still calling her from a far. She was now walking slowly towards him, and then she heard him yell something different.

“Hunchae saranghae!~” Her head snapped up before bolting towards him.

“My Hunchae is the prettiest, cutest, iest girl ever! I love my Hunchae!-“

Once Chaerin had reached him, she yanked his shirt to force him to step down from the bench.

“Oppa! What the hell are you doing?”

“Hunchae! At last you’re here.” He hugged her close and snuggle his nose on her neck.

Chaerin was getting embarrass because more people are coming to stare at them due to Jiyong’s earlier yelling.

“O-oppa stop,” She pushed him slightly to only see a stupid grin on his face. “Oppa are you ok?”

“I’m fine! Absolutely fine!”

“Are you on drugs then?”

Jiyong scoff on her remark. “Of course not Chae, that is just silly.”

“Then let me ask again, what the hell are you doing?” She hissed.

Jiyong just smiled at her in return.

“I’m just proclaiming my love to you. You were taking a long time to come out and I got bored.”

Chaerin stared at him, thinking how big an idiot he is.

“That’s it?” Jiyong nods.” Oppa you idiot!” She covers her face with her hands feeling more embarrass of their situation.

“Don’t worry, I got you this~” Jiyong took a big stuff toy that was sitting innocently on the bench and peeked it on Chaerin’s view.

Her eyes widens, it’s a Rilakkuma plushie! “Rilakkuma!” She hugged it close to her chest and look back to him.

“Oppa, how did you get this? This one is a limited edition!”

“Hmm, let’s just say that I have connections from high places.”

“What are you, a corrupt DJ?”

“Hehe.”

Don’t 'hehe' me.” She narrowed her eyes at him. “Do you even know what you’ve done?! Everyone thinks you’re some psycho screaming on top of a bench.”

“I’m just telling the world how much I love my Hunchae and no one can have her but me.”

“You’re Hunchae is right here and she will never leave you, so stop the stupid act.”

“You will never leave me? Omo, Chae that’s the first time you said that to me.” he dramatically said, widening his eyes ad covering his mouth with his hand.

“Oppa stop being a drama quenn and let’s just go.” She yanked his hand and was about start walking away before she was pulled back by Jiyong. “What now oppa?” He was seriously starting to irritate her.

“Kiss me.” He kneeled down and pursed his lips at her.

“Oppa! Seriously you should just stop.” Chaerin looked around and people seems to increase probably wondering why the university’s resident bad boy was kneeling on the ground with a stupid look on his face.

“Come on Chae, I won’t stand up from here if you don’t give me a kiss.”

Deep inside her mind, chaerin just wanted to run away and leave Jiyong and his stupid self. Why oh why did he decide to act this way during this moment, he really is starting to become one of the aliens. Seunghyun oppa is influencing him too much. On the other hand she could just kiss Jiyong and get it over with, but kissing him in front this sea of people will result to her death due to over embarrassment. The first choice was more appealing.

Should I do it or not? Do it or not? Do it or not?

You know what? People may already think that we’re both crazy, why not just go with the flow?

Cupping Jiyong’s face, she leaned down and presses her lips against his earning a squeal from the crowd.

When they parted Jiyong stands up and proceed to hug her tight. Chaerin was hiding her blushing face in his chest. That was by far the most embarrassing thing that she had done in her entire college life.

“Get ready Hunchae.” He whispered.

“For what?”

“We’re gonna run.”

“H-huh?-“ Then he pulled by the hand while she was hugging the Rilakkuma close to her with her other arm.

They run pass the crowd laughing like idiots.

 

“Oh that, I was trying to beat hyung’s Alienated Proposal to Bom noona.” Jiyong said while they were sitting on one of the park benches.

“No one can beat that crazy out-of-the-world proposal, oppa.”

“Hey don’t give up on me. Next time I’ll think of a more unique way to propose my love to you Hunchae. One that will beat definitely beat hyung’s, I promise.” he looked at her with confidence and determination in his eyes. Chaerin can only roll her eyes.

“Oh please, DON’T.”