Aaron's Day

Yan Family

“Happy Birthday Aaron!”  A beautiful voice greeted him. He smiled a smile he had been carrying for the last seven years. The woman gave him so much and in return he gave his whole life to her.

 

“Mama! Mama! It’s papa’s birthday today!” a four year old toddler came running into the room and crushed her mother with his little weight. She smiled, “Yes, now greet your father.”

The child faced the man and beamed, “Happy Birthday papa!!”

They stayed like that while memories came flashing back to them; they love this man, this wonderful man.

 

“Let’s go little Guilun, we need to get ready, another day for us!” The mother led her son to the bathroom to get ready for school. Another day in the life of the Yan Family.

 

“Aaron, we’re going!” The two bid goodbye to their man.

 

“Bye Gui Gui, Guilun, be safe.”  He muttered as he heard their muffled voices through the door. They were going, and he’s going to wait for them until they get back. Another day to pass.

 

It’s been seven years since they were married, and ten years since they met, all in the day of November 20th.

 

His wife was a freelance writer then, now she’s a pre-school teacher… of their child. He chuckled, that ball of energy can specially make him happy. Guilun has been the center of their world once he was born, and he just had to be a genius!

 

He reminisced the past, how happy he had become how they had become. A perfect family, that’s what they all saw, and they were.

He loved her, she loved him, they loved their child and he loved them. Can he ever ask for more?

 

He choked back his tears; he wanted to hug them right now, just to show his love, just one of his dramatic episodes. He loved them and he can’t stop repeating it over and over again.

 

 

He loved how Gui Gui snores quietly at night, how her eyes flutter open every morning. He loved how she sweetly smelled every time he hugged her, how she stands on one leg when she’s impatient. He loved everything about her. How they met at a business meeting, how she clumsily tripped and luckily he was there to catch her. How she answered his calls tenderly. She was just perfect.

 

He loved little Guilun all the same, how he skip while he walk, how he stutter with his s’s and how he loved strawberries just like his mother. He loved that spirit of his child, he was everything.

 

He heard the door open; they were back after a long day. He looked at them as they settled their things on the couch. Gui Gui was carrying a box again, just like she did every other year, every other birthday in the house.

 

Home rule, little Guilun gets to blow the candle. Aaron laughed; he was too old for candles anyway.

 

“Happy Birthday Happy birthday… Happy birthday to you!” Guilun blew out the candle with one big puff while closing his eyes to wish.

 

Another day has passed, and today was filled with laughter and chocolates and strawberries.

 

The night came deeper and Aaron heard a knock on their bedroom door. He propped on his elbow to see beyond his sleeping wife who seemed to stir because of the knock.

Little Guilun was standing by the doorway holding his blanket to his body. Gui Gui sat up and welcomed the boy in her arms, “What is it sweetheart?” She cradled him.

“Can I sleep beside you mom?” The child looked at the empty space beside his mother. “Of course you can.” The latter smiled.

 

Aaron lay beside his son; with Guilun between him and his wife he felt heaven, heaven on Earth.

With them beside him, he let himself succumb to sleep, his eternal sleep.

 

 

The sun rays bathing her face woke her up. She studied her son’s sleeping face; angelic like his father’s. She smiled.

 

“Good Morning Aaron.” She greeted the picture frame, just like she did for the past two weeks, the frame with his picture served as a substitute to his perpetual absence.

 

Just then, she felt her husband’s presence kiss her forehead.  He will always be in their hearts evermore.

 

She loved that picture frame that held her late husband’s photo; her life will continue to revolve, around her son, around herself, and around her deceased husband.

 

A/N:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AARON YAN YA LUN!

Sorry it’s a tragedy, I’m kind of a in a mood to kill (get it?) xD hahahah! Anyways, just aced my assessment exam! YEAH! I’m staying a scholar until I graduate, nice right??!!

I’m really sorry for being away, so I wrote this, since it’s Aaron’s BDAY! YAY! YAY! *CLAPS*

I am going to update soon (though I don’t know when that soon would be :P So please don’t kill me :3

I love you guys <3

AND KEEP SUPPORTING GUILUN PLEASE!

Give me some love! Comment and subscribe!!

 

SIGNING OFF,

SakuraMikan12 (Nov.20.2013. 8:43 p.m)