final

Yellow

"Oh Sehun meet Kim Jongin. He's a business partner of mine and he-  oh! Baekhyun wait! See you guys later."

"Chanyeol surely is something"

"I agree."

                                                                                            --

"I had a nice time Sehun. Maybe we can meet up again?"

"Yeah sounds great. Here's my number"

                                                                                            --

"Sehun be my boyfriend"

                                                                                            --

"Sehun I'll be late tonight. I've got extra work I have to catch up on. Don't wait up."

"Okay babe."

                                                                                            --

 

"I'll be late again tonight. The boys and I are going for drinks after work."

"Again? That's like the 4th week in a row."

"Yeah but we're treating ourselves after a long week at work."

"Okay.. You have your keys?"

"Yes mother."

"I'm just making sure you get home safe."

"I'll be fine. Anyways I've gotta go. We're heading out now."

"O-okay well have fun."

                                                                                            --

Jongin was the yellow.

He brought color into Sehun's black and white life.

Jongin was the red.

He brought hurt into Sehun's untouched heart.

Jongin was the black.

He brought lonliness into Sehun's mere being.

Jongin was cheating on Sehun and he knew. But for the sake of breaking his heart even more, he didn't confront him. His first love didn't want him anymore. He didn't want to admit it.

"Sehun... quit putting yourself through this. Sometimes it hurts less to be the one leaving than to be the one left."

The wise words of Chanyeol runs through his mind day after day, hour by hour. Until he had finally had enough of hearing it for the past what 3, 4 months? Sehun didn't know anymore. Just the fact that it's been a long time. 

Hurts less huh? Bull.

But today was unlike any other. His suitcases were sat in each room. Sehun hastily packed, only slowing down to let his emotions get to him after breaking all the frames that were sat in the bedroom of their first date. He didn't stop until they were placed by the door. The time passed by too quick for him. Jongin was home in what felt like 10 minutes but in reality, it had been a couple hours.

"You're late" he sighed "as always."

"Oh, Sehun-ah! I didn't see you. Why were the lights off? And have y-"

"Jongin shutup." The blank expression he had on faltered for a second. He didn't want to do this. He didn't want to leave, he didn't want this. 

"W-what?" Jongin squeaked. Sehun had never been rough with his tone before, ever. Something was wrong.

"Why are you playing with me?"

"What are you t-"

"Let me finish! I know. I know you're with Kyungsoo. I see it in your eyes. He's the reason you're late every day. He's why you won't touch me anymore. He's why we're falling apart. I know you love him, dammit. Why did you string me on for as long as you have? God, how could I be so ing stupid? I was so head-over-heels for you and you took it for granted."

"No S-sehun I-"

"Please stop. Stop denying it." Hissing the words may not have been the smartest thing to do because his blank façade dropped. Tears formed and threatened to spill.  He stood up from his spot on this couch and walked to the door. "Sometimes it hurts less to be the one doing the leaving."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm leaving, before you leave me." Sehun couldn't hold anymore and the tears cascaded down his cheeks. He'd been strong for so long and dammit, it hurts.

"Oh Sehun if you walk out that door don't you ever walk back through it!" And he'd had enough. But he couldn't come up with any snarky remarks to save his dignity. No, this man wasn't worth it. Could he even be called a man? He didn't know but he was one foot out the door and heading to Chanyeol's before you can say abracadabra.

                                                                                                               --

"So they're official Sehun."

"Doesn't surprise me," Sehun scoffed "how long has it even been? A month?"

"Yeah, something like that."

"Chanyeol don't ever cheat on Baekhyun."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

                                                                                                              --

"You should go for him Sehun."

"Who? That guy that comes in every night just before closing time?"

"Yeah. He's adorable and he always looks at you like you're a prize. I could see it."

"Shutup Saeha. He's not my type."

"And what is? Good-for-nothing cheaters who sit around and lie? It's been almost a year Sehun."

                                                                                                              --

"What name do I put on the cup?"

"Luhan."

"Luhan?"

"Yeah" he smiles and Sehun figures he really likes it  "It's Chinese"

"I like it"

                                                                                                               --

"So I'll see you tonight boyfriend" to which Luhan giggles.

                                                                                                               --

Luhan was yellow. 

The new yellow which brought only light into Sehun's broken heart. He took the shattered pieces and glued them back together with super glue, cutting his own fingers in the process. It took a while for Sehun to open up to the small, Chinese man but Luhan figures he used the right glue to seal up his lovers heart.

And Sehun thinks he's right.

 

 

 

a/n 

okay so i have no idea wtf beta is so i guess this is unbeta'd? anyways i tried idk.