one

Beyond : Two Souls

i'm re-making this because of how cringy this was the first time i published it.


"You know Kyungsoo will be with you for the whole month, right?" Yixing said to the girl sitting in the front seat as he nudged her shoulder, eyes still focused on the road. Yixing was driving Yin to school when he told her about his promotion, which lead to their situation currently - Yin in a bad mood on the first day of her first and last year in high school. Yin was never to communicate with anyone outside of the building, let alone, attend a regular school but Yixing demanded the board of directors of his company to allow Yin to attend high school for a semester to take CSAT. After years of documents and persuasion, Yixing finally got the yes he wanted from the board just before Yin could turn 17.

His company, the Korea's Department of Paranormal Activity (KDPA), the only company in Korea with joint forces from the North, was a very secluded company near the North-South Border. The company is just 5 miles away from the Korean Demilitarized Zone, and it had a tight security surrounded by the Republic of Korea Army. It was dangerous for patients to leave the place - in this case, Yin - in fear of any threat towards society but Yixing managed to convince his superiors - making the President in China's Department of Paranormal Activity (CDPA) intrigued by such presistent. Thus, both the presidents invited Yixing to talk things through about his position in the company. He was promised a raise and he agreed to come. Having more money means more gifts he could shower Yin but she was anything but happy about the current situation.

After Yixing graduated college, him and Yin had never seperated for more than 4 hours. Yixing was either in a meeting, around her in a room, or in a cube nextdoor, where he takes samples and results from her brainwaves and her telopathic acts that she could perform through Tao. Yin sighed, knowing that she couldn't stop her brother from leaving her side and soon enough, she has to leave him for college in the future too. Yin thought that she was delusional - how could she find happiness when her brother and his lab partner, Kyungsoo attempts tests on her? Maybe it was how much all three of them could understand each other - they all have a bond and they grew into a family, including Tao.

Tao nudged Yin from the back of the seat, trying to stop her train of thoughts. Tao never liked looking into Yin's feelings, it fills him with confusion and he hated feelings in general.

"Stop it Tao, you're being annoying!" Yin grumbled and turned behind to look straight towards the man looking like death himself, a dark aura surrounding him. Tao always looked classy, despite his invisibility to the outside world. With his suit never wrinkled and a speck of lint never found, he looked like he was ready for a photoshoot. Too bad he could only be seen by Yin. Tao, clearly happy with her displeasure, laughed. Yin rolled her eyes and sat back on her seat, looking outside of the side window. Yixing, too, laughed at his strange sister and the entity attatched to her.

"Tao, I hope you won't miss me too much while i'm gone," Yixing glanced at the back seat, knowing that Tao was there, to which the latter let out a scoff. Unlike his sister, he didn't have the talent to see all the entities or lost souls around him, but he still had the ability to sense where they were. Tao on the other hand, didn't like how Yixing had that talent; he felt like a test subject - which, on all honesty, he was. He couldn't trust anyone other than Yin herself and he didn't know why. Maybe it was because he couldn't develop that connection with other beings, even if he wanted to. So far the only one he was willing to talk to was Yin, and that took years of trust, even with the bind that connected them.

Yin grumbled, as Yixing pulled to car to a stop in front of Yin's new school. The school was spacious, having a soccer field right in the centre of it all. Yin didn't know if it was considered tall, but what she did know is that it definitely was wider than the KDPA. She looked back at Yixing who gave her that look, that knowing look that she felt bad for. Yixing only gave that look when he felt bad or guilty, to which it made her feel guilty herself. She knew that Yixing wanted her to graduate with a diploma instead of taking it online. She would had it easier to cope with in university, where Yixing would want her to be her own person, so high school was a good start for her, and she knew it herself.

"Kyungsoo's going to pick you up from here and then all you three get to see me leave. Make sure to be ready by 2 okay? I asked the principal's son to help me out, since he works there part-time. He's waiting for you at the entrance right there," Yixing pointed to the front gate, where a tall guy was waiting for Yin. Yin sighed, got her bag and stepped outside of the car, not wanting to part with Yixing. "Dont worry. You'll see me after class." Yixing gave her his signature dimpled smile, waved to both Yin and Tao, and drove off. Leaving Yin to fend herself from people of the same age-range as her for the first time, with the added burden of Tao by her side.

"Wow... I haven't seen the outside in so long," Tao trailed behind Yin as she started walking to the front gate. "How does it feel like? Does it looks like how it was before?" Yin asked, curious as to what Tao's memories hold. 

"Hm. Somewhat," Tao chuckled, already a few steps in front of her, vaguely answering her question while admiring the outside world. She knows that Tao would never answer her questions directly, since he doesn't like to share about his past. Tao's past were always the grey area of their conversation, and Yin always threaded lightly whenever there's an oportunity to bring it up, being the curious cat that she is, but she knows not to push him. She understood him in a way - she would've repressed everything from everyone too if she was stuck to a teenager for no reason.


Note.

Hello, my guys - i'm surprised i'm still alive, and updating this. I've been going through some over the past few years (self-hatred and all that boring jazz) i just hope you guys are doing well. This story, intentionally was to make me fan over Luhan and Tao but now i feel like updating it just because i want to leave what i had in mind with this story. I dont think i'll be updating that rapidly, but i'll do it whenever i can.

Stay safe everyone.