Stupid Spring

Stupid Spring {One-Shot}
 
 
A warm day of May.
 
That morning two different souls came out their homes each to their respective different works.
 
Those two different souls that came out this morning with a pleasant smile at the warm morning, waiting for a good day to go by, were now both each side of the sidewalk cursing silently to the, now, cold night of May.
 
An unexpected snow fell on this day of spring.
 
Both had something in common, they both hated snow.
 
This morning they wore their simple everyday outfits; neither brought a coat to cover their bodies from the sudden cold.
 
“Ugh you stupid spring!” she said above a whisper as she hugged her own body to try to cover from the cold.
 
“Why today? Spring, really?” the man said frustrated as he tried to contact someone on the phone.
 
The two souls stood still both staring at the falling snow, people passing by not minding at all the snow, but this two were still there, staring, waiting.
 
At one point, when she shivered and he finally reached that person on the phone, both of their sights caught each other’s eyes.
 
It felt as if they knew each other and today they had finally met again coincidentally.
 
But they didn’t know each other. That’s for sure.
 
The well dressed business man was someone she would usually see on dramas and magazines and on this street every morning after she came back from work.
 
And she, telling by the torn Converse, and her tied up hair, she was a low class girl. Someone he sees every day, yet never socialize with.
 
Both stood still staring at each other for a few other seconds until he was zone out by the voice at the other line of his phone “Oh yeah… I’m here.”
 
She stared a few more seconds before turning away and kept hugging herself.
 
Zoning out again as she stared blankly at the snow, she tried to remember if she had ever seen him before.
 
Maybe they attended the same school, who knows. She doesn’t remember honestly.
 
“Excuse me.” She then heard a male voice talking to her.
 
She slowly turned around and saw that handsome business man standing there in front of her with a small smile on his face.
“Yes?” she replied as her breath was made visible after coming out of her lips.
 
“If you keep standing there, you’re gonna get sick.” He said “You are not wearing proper clothes.” He sounded somehow worried.
 
She furrowed her eyebrows at this completely stranger worrying about her. Still, she thought it was really kind of him. This kind of rich people would never care about anyone.
 
“I’m waiting for someone.” She simply said not wanting to give much information.
 
“Well, then wait for that person inside the coffee shop. You might get sick.” He said again with a smile.
That coffee shop he was talking about was a place she would never even dream of go to. It was a very expensive place; a simple cup of coffee was around $150 dollars. She wondered what kind of coffee would be that expensive. Definitely, that was the kind of place for only rich people to be at.
 
So, no, she would never wait for someone there as she needs to buy at least a cookie to stay there.
 
She let out a small laugh ridiculed at the thought of her being there; the cost of a coffee was her monthly pay. 
 
She then shook her head “No thanks. That’s not a place I belong to. Not even in 10 years of hard work I’ll be able to go buy a cup of coffee from there.” She said still looking at the coffee shop until she heard him laugh.
“Are you laughing at me?” she frowned.
 
Yeah, of course, how could she think someone like him would care about her?
 
“I found funny what you said. About working 10 years to buy a cup of coffee from there, that’s all.” He tried to explain himself but she was not buying it, she instead, crossed her arms and turned around.
 
“Sorry if I was rude.” He apologized “I’m waiting for someone too, so, do you want to drink a cup of coffee with me? While we wait.”
 
She titled her head a little just enough to see him “What?” she asked just to make sure she hear right.
 
“I’ll invite you a coffee. If we stay here we’ll freeze to death. So, let’s go.” He made way for her to walk but she was just too surprised at his offer, and more surprised, when he smiled and held his hand and dragged her toward the coffee shop.
 
He won’t let go of her hand until they were inside and sat at the very last table. 
 
He sat across and fixed his suit jacket before look at her and giving him that warm smile he’s been showing for the latest minutes.
“Warmer, isn’t it?” he said.
 
She just nodded; she was feeling awkward after this stranger held her hand. He seemed to notice since he laughed. She lifted her gaze shyly looking at him.
 
“Do you want to drink your coffee or…?”
 
“I don’t want anything. Thanks.” She cut him off.
 
“I invited you a coffee, and you aren’t going to accept it?”
 
She, with her gaze lowered again, nodded “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have let you drag me here; neither accept the invitation to drink coffee of a stranger”
 
He sighed “Yeah, you shouldn’t have.” he said in a serious tone. She lifted her gaze to look at him, she expected him to tell her to leave.
But just when she was about to excuse herself, he held his hand out.
 
“I’m Nichkhun, Nichkhun Horvejkul, nice to meet you.” He introduced himself with that warm smile he showed before.
 
Her eyes widen after she heard his last name. This guy here was a very successful business man. She used to work in one of the stores he owned back in Korea.
 
She remembers now. She used to see his pictures and think how nice it would be to date someone like him. It was a dream for her that for sure would never become truth.
 
And now here she was sitting in an expensive coffee shop with him.
 
She, still dazed, held his hand “I’m Tiffany.” she said.
“Nice to meet you Tiffany. You have a pretty name, are you American?” he tried to start a conversation, still holding her hand.
 
Tiffany realized and quickly pulled away “O-oh… Sorry… yeah I was… born in California.”
 
He smiled once more “I was also born in California” he continued the conversation “I moved to Korea when I was 16. I moved here last spring, for work but also because it rarely snows. I might look like the Grinch to you, but I don’t really like snow, so… I moved here.”
 
Tiffany gasped placing her hand on her lips after the 'Oh' sound came out.
 
It was such a coincidence how both of them had moved here last spring because they didn’t liked snow.
 
“I’m here for that reason as well.” she said finally letting him see her smile.
 
“What a coincidence!” he smiled while he stared at her. She had such a lovely smile, her eyes became half moon when she smiled, it was really cute.
“I also moved last spring. From Korea.”
 
“That’s so weird. Is destiny trying to tell us something?” he said staring at her eyes, just to make things more awkward to Tiffany.
 
Her smile faded and she quickly avoided him as she sipped into her newly brought coffee.
 
Nichkhun just laughed at her “You said you didn’t wanted coffee.” he joked.
 
“So, Tiffany…” he started once more “May I ask how old are you?”
 
It was so weird how he was starting to feel really curious about this girl there.
 
He, since he was born, was always surrounded by socialites. Low class people were only workers for him. That was how he was taught.
 
He never saw those people in other way but workers for him.
 
Just until he went to his father company when he was 18, was when he finally saw the way that 'poor' people worked, the hard time they had and how they were insulted by the rich people.
 
He finally realized. He didn't wanted to be one of them.
 
Just because of what the socialites would think, he acted as one of them. He never insulted them or ordered them around, but he didn't really cared about their lives. 
 
Just making their work less harder was enough.
 
Just today, for the first time in his life, he wanted to know more about this low class girl.
 
Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows “You shouldn’t ask such thing to a lady, you know.” he smiled.
 
“I’m 30 if you’re wondering.” He said with a laugh “And you don’t look like a high-schooler but you look really young. So, 25?” he complimented her.
“Well, I am not a high-schooler. I’m 29, so thanks” she said as she sipped her coffee once more.
 
Nichkhun smiled at her, he thought she was really cute. Just being there sitting, holding the cup of coffee with one hand as with the other she delicately held the straw with three fingers. Her pinky held up high. Her hands were so feminine; it makes him want to hold them. 
 
She was really lovely.
 
Tiffany notice he was staring at her, she just kept sipping her coffee.
 
“When did you exactly came here?” she asked trying to make his eyes move away from her, she was still with the straw in between her lips.
 
That action just made Nichkhun’s attention go to her pink lips. He felt the urge of kiss them.
 
What was really happening with him?
 
“April 24” he simply answered still looking at her.
 
She then sat up straight to look at him “What time?”
“I don’t know, 3pm?” he said this time staring at her eyes.
 
She looked like a puppy with her eyes wide open. It was so cute.
 
 “I came here the same day at the same hour too.” a smile formed on her lips. All this was so ridiculous.
 
And it became even more ridiculous after talking for hours they realized how many times they had actually seen each other before.
 
Both came here the same day at the same time, they must have see eachother at the airport. When Tiffany used to do parcel delivery at the company Nichkhun works at, she now works at a dry cleaner where Nichkhun usually take his clothes to, they had at least interchanged a look once.
Both came out every morning at 7 am and cross this street to go work, they had walked next to each other unknowingly too.
 
How did those two different people have seen each other, completely unaware of each other’s existence, are now sitting in this coffee shop talking?
 
Just like Nichkhun had said, is destiny trying to tell them something?
 
It might. And as the time goes by, and their talk became deeper, she had realized she had fallen in love with this once a stranger.
 
“I’m sorry, we are going to close already.” the waiter said interrupting their talk.
 
It was already pass 10.
 
She was going to meet her best friend at 8pm.
She just realized the missing calls and text from her best friend who cancelled the meeting because of the sudden snow.
 
Just like her, he had missed calls and text from his today’s date, she won’t make it neither.
 
Any of them realized the time; neither remembered the reason why they were both there at first place.
 
It suddenly became a date, and both unknowingly had fallen in love with each other.
 
Not aware of each other’s feelings, Tiffany thought it was time to go back to her normal life, just like Cinderella, the magic spell was over.
 
Nichkhun on the other side, wanted to hug her for the first and last time. He knew he couldn’t tell her to be his, he was engaged.
 
“Well, the date is over” Tiffany jokingly said with a sweet smile.
She tried to cover herself once more as it was still snowing, and it was colder than before.
 
Nichkhun ed his suit jacket and open it to catch her in a warm hug making sure to cover her.
 
She gasped surprise, but feeling warm in his arms, she just stood still.
 
“I need to catch the last bus.” she said after a few minutes. She didn’t want to though. She wanted to stay in his arms.
 
As they parted, Nichkhun took off his suit jacket and place it on her shoulders”Wear this. You might get sick.”
 
“But what about you?” she asked worried.
 
“My car is parked on the other street.” He confirmed with a smile.
 
She just nodded as she adjusted the suit jacket “I don’t want to say goodbye though” he whispered.
Tiffany smiled before lifting her gaze and look at him; she smiled warmly at him, so he wouldn’t think she didn’t wanted this neither. Although it was like that.
 
She knew he, as a rich family's son, was engaged since the day he was born. Even if he wasn’t in love with his fiancée, they were going to get married anyways, and when that happens, this wonderful night would be forgotten, or at least for him; because for her,  this beautiful night will be part of her memories forever.
 
She had finally felt the so called ‘butterflies in the stomach’, which meant true love.
Too bad she had fallen in love with a prohibited.
 
“We will still see each other though.” She said still with a smile on her face “Every day we pass by here… we’ll see each other.”
 
Nichkhun was still sad about parting that he didn’t mention the dry cleaner where she worked, they would see there too. 
 
But it was a good thing he didn’t asked, as she would stop working there since tomorrow.
 
So, just this street will be the only place for them to see each other.
 
“Sorry.” Both suddenly said at the same time.
 
“Why?” he asked.
 
“Just… for not be what you family wants for you.” She whispered as she looked down.
 
“I am sorry for not be what you need.” He said when he lifted her chin so she could look at him “Sorry.” He apologized once more before giving her a kiss on the forehead.
 
And with that, the magic spell was over. And the two different souls went back to their own lives.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On a day of spring, a sudden snow fell.
 
Tiffany came out her house well covered to her work.
 
Nichkhun went for his usual morning coffee.

 

As she walked down the street, she hugged herself and caressed the fabric of the suit jacket she was wearing.
 
It was warm, not as warmer as when that person was wearing it.
 
She smiled at herself as she thought of him.
 
Nichkhun, busy talking over the phone with his soon-to-be bride, he walked down the street, sipping into his coffee.
 
One year had passed since these two different souls coincided in this street, and had fallen in love.
 
Today, one year later, those two different souls passed by next to each other once again, unaware of each other existence.
 
They made their way to their own lives.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you want to go drink a cup of coffee with me?” she heard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Oh maai gawwd~ Finally!! I'm finally done ><

I re-wrote this so many times too(if you read my 1000roses one-shot)(hope you didn't tho)(Is so bad)(I'm gonna delete it)(><)(cries)

I re-wrote this too so many times, because, I was trying so hard to write it and explain it just like the song I based on. So I said to myself, NO, and then I wrote it again ;) lol

I really like it tho. Is not really really reaaaaally good, but is not so bad like the last one(cries)

So yeah, I hope you liked it.

It wasn't a sad ending as I always use to write... you know... I love sad endings <3 and kill people <3

They are alive!! And... you decide the finale people, Khunfany or not? :D

hehe ok whatever...I've wrote so much already lol

Byeyong~~~ ^^V