Final

Baby My Love Beautiful~

                I sat in the front row of the 2nd floor balcony, watching Infinite’s performance. I originally wanted to get a general admission ticket, but my boyfriend wouldn’t allow it. He rejected the thought of seeing me standing in the cold from 4am in the morning, waiting until 7pm to get in. Nor did he want me squashed in the massive crowd, getting shoved around by hundreds of fans. So I complied and bought two seats, one for myself and the other for my friend.

                I smiled as Myungsoo’s solo stage came to an end. Any typical Inspirit would be squealing at the site of Myungsoo kissing and hugging the oversized teddy bear, but not me. I’ve grown so used to being attacked with hugs from a certain someone.

                The stage lights dimmed and Myungsoo’s silhouette dashed off the stage. I became lost in my thoughts that I didn’t notice the video playing on the screen, showing a short clip of the next performer. “I have a present for you. Don’t move from your seat.” That was what he told me before we separated, I left to meet up with my friend for a late lunch, and he left for rehearsal. An all too familiar voice broke me from my thoughts, immediately bringing a smile to my face.

            Baby My Love Beautiful~

I love you
Just by looking at you, just by thinking of you, my heart races

Even in this moment when I’m looking at you, if I close my eyes, I miss you

            The lights on the stage finally found their target—Nam Woohyun. His beautiful voice never failed to amaze me. He was truly meant to stand on the stage. The lighting dimmed again. I looked around in confusion. Was there a problem with the lighting system? But the loud screaming from fans on the right side of the balcony told me otherwise.

            No way….He can’t be-

            My eyes widened as I caught sight of Woohyun’s white outfit. He was standing at the other end of the 2nd floor balcony, happily waving to fans on the lower level with a wide grin on his face. My mouth fell agape as he walked closer to me. Finally turning around, his eyes landed on mine.

            I found you, his eyes seemed to say. I nearly forgot how to breathe when he brought his mic to his lips and continued to sing, his eyes still locked on mine.

I’ll promise you that I’ll be with only you forever, oh loving U

Even in the moment of pain during our goodbye

            Woohyun’s hand reached out for mine. His hand felt warm in contrast to my cold ones. He tightened his grip slightly, as if he never wanted to let go of them. Even with the thousands of fans screaming around me, my heart only focused on Woohyun. It was as if time stopped for the two of us; the moment was ours alone as we gazed into each other’s eyes.

Let’s never forget the memories we had together
I’ll take a step to you with my heart, I’ll protect you

            His hands briefly let go of mine as he took the single rose from a staff member and then went down on one knee. But what shocked me the most wasn’t the rose, but the ring that he handed me right after. My eyes began to tear up, my jaws started to hurt from grinning. Woohyun leaned over and pulled me into an embrace.

            “Wait for me by the van when the concert is over,” he whispered in a voice only I could hear. He let go and ran off. I chuckled, seeing his wave his arms by his side like a satisfied child. Touched by his special event, I was unable to hold back my tears as they ran down my cheek.

            “Oh my god!! You’re so lucky! Woohyun hugged you! I’m so jealous he picked you out of all the fans,” she squealed in excitement as she hugged me. Ooops. Now I felt bad for keeping her in the dark about our relationship. Woohyun and I have been dating for 2 years. No one knows about it except for the other Infinite members.

            When Sunggyu appeared on stage to sing ‘60 Seconds’ I reached down to place the ring and the rose inside my bag. It was then that I noticed a piece of paper sticking out from behind the rose. I quickly glanced around to make sure no one was looking. Thankfully, everyone was focused on Sunggyu’s performance. I slipped the note out and unfolded it.

            ‘Happy 2nd year anniversary! I love you~  —Woohyun❤’ There was a cute drawing of a boy forming a heart over his head with his arms next to the message.

            I smiled, wishing the time until we meet again would shorten.


Author’s Note:

First story!! Hope you enjoyed it! >< Received inspiration from Woohyun’s solo stage of ‘Beautiful’ in their NY concert, which was AWESOME~~ I’ll never forget that night for the rest of my life! Because when else would there be another chance to see Woohyun walk by in such close proximity to you? >< But sadly, I couldn’t record any of it because stupid me thought she was taking a video when her camera was on photo mode. Definitely one of my biggest regrets of the night. :’( Anyways, please subscribe and leave a review if you liked the story? Maybe I will post my other works in progress if I get enough good feedback. :)