Prologue

Again & Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PROLOGUE

Spring Break of 2011

Tokyo, Japan

 

“Unglue your face from the mirror. The night’s not getting any younger!” Ara shouted from the other room, frustrated by the two girls in the hotel bathroom.

“We’re almost done! Just wait for another minute,” shouted the people in the bathroom whom she called friends. Ara let out a loud sigh and plopped herself on the white sofa. She was wearing a black-bod dress with golden sequence detailing the side of the beautiful dress; her black heeled stilettos sat underneath the glass coffee table. It took Ara 2 minutes to do her makeup. The natural smoky eye with lips brought out her dark gray eyes. To top it all off her hair was messily curled, but it gave her a effortless y look.

“That’s what you said 45 minutes ago,” Ara mumbled to herself. “Why am I even friends with you guys?"

“Because you love us,” Mirae said as she finally exited the bathroom.

“Let’s go!” Bora pointed towards the door and walked out of the hotel room. Mirae gave Ara a knowing look.

We both counted, “3, 2, 1.” Bora came back in.

“Forgot my purse! Hey, why are you guys still here? The night’s not getting any younger!” Mira laughed at Bora’s cluelessness.

“Hey, I just said that just a minute ago."

“Really? Didn’t hear you say that,”

“That explains a lot,” Ara pouted. No one ever listens to her.

“Okay, let’s go. I don’t want to wait in a long line,” Mirae said as she pushed her two best friends out the door.

 

 

 

 

The whole building buzzed along with the bass of the music. A sea of young adults and teens who smuggled in danced to the beat of the song. Different colored lights gave the club a dreamy hypnotic atmosphere. The club was the club to be at in all of Tokyo, but it wasn’t his scene.

“Come on, Kris, this place is off the chain! At least get a little excited,” Chen laid his arm around the younger’s shoulders and dramatically displayed the whole club to him.

“Okay, first of all,” Kris brushed the other’s arm off, “no one says ‘off the chain’ anymore. Second I don’t do clubs.”

“We’re on break, there’s no more school to stress about. Common Krissy, ease up a bit!” Xiumin said and started shaking his arm side to side.

“Leave him alone,” Luhan, one of the eldest of their group, said. “You know how he is,”

“Whatever.” A pair of girls walked by; his eyes following their direction. “Gotta go. Later!” Chen grabbed Tao, but before the two could leave, Lay came back with a tray of shots.

“Hey! Not before shots! We gotta start tonight right.” Everyone got a glass.

“Cheers!” shouted Xiumin.

“Cheers!” everyone clanked their glasses together in the center and gulped down their shots. Whatever was in that shot glass was strong. It burned down Kris’s throat, but the after taste feeling was sizzling and refreshing. He didn’t know how it happened, but one shot became 5 shots, and later nearly 40 shot glasses were scattered all over the table.

 

 

 

 

“This place is off the chain!” The girls were excited to finally enter the club.

“No one says that anymore, Bora,” Ara laughed.

“Everyone’s a critic,” Bora scowled. Mirae laughed and laid her arm around Bora’s shoulders.

“Before anythi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter