FINAL

Over You

It was summer after high school when I first met you. You outstood everyone I met, you caught my attention, made me intrigued and yet you tore me down. You were a kingka and I was mere just another student. You were everything a guy wanted to be, you were everything a girl wanted in a guy, and in other words, you were perfect. Now looking back, I can't believe you were the one to build me up and tear me down. What you said when you left just left me cold and out of breath. I fell too far, was in way too deep, guess I let you get the best of me.

*Flashback*

“YAH! Careful! Watch out!”

‘Thunk’

The ball had made its way towards my head. My phone slipped and dropped to the ground, smashing in the process.

“MY PHONEEEE!” I gasped in shock and anger.

I turned around, prepared to scold and glare at the person who threw the ball at my head and made me drop and break my precious phone. As I turned, I saw someone who I wasn’t expecting at all. There you stood, rubbing the back of your neck awkwardly, looking down, your face turning to different shades of red. You looked like a little kid, preparing to get a scolding of your life as you shut your eyes tightly hoping whatever scolding you received won’t be as harsh as what you thought.

“I--- I---I am so sorry!” Kris stuttered, hoping I will calm down.

“I am willing to get you a new phone for the one I accidentally broke!” He squeaked, too afraid to look up.

I stared at him, wide-eyed and shock, ‘Did he just offered to get me a new phone? Doesn’t he knows something called repairing?’

“Well, I wasn’t planning on asking you to get me a new phone and I know being a high school student,  you must be on a tight budget, don’t worry, how about you just follow me to the repair center?” I told him in a calm voice, trying to control my squeals.

“R-R-Really? Oh my god! Thank you so much! I will go with you now!” Kris said in an overly excited voice, knowing that he did not have to fork out for a new phone.

That was the time when you first started to talk to me. After that, we became friends, grew to become close friend and then best friends that could not be separated. I trusted you in everything, told you my secrets and shared with you my problems. You were there when I needed you. You helped me when I was depressed, you saw me cutting my wrist and you saw me at my worse state. You helped me get out of it, you guided me back on to path, but who knew I would have fallen for you. But I guess you didn’t feel that way.

When I found out you had a crush, I crumbled down to the ground, praying it wasn’t true, praying to myself that it was all just a dream.

I helped you when you needed me, I was there when you had your hard times, I lend you my shoulders when you needed to cry, I stood by you when no one did, I helped solved your problems when you couldn’t and I loved you for who you were. Why can’t you see?

Day after day, you asked me for advice hoping to catch her attention. Once you got her attention, you started withdraw yourself from me, forgetting me in the process of talking to her, hoping to get close to her. You threw me aside like a useless piece of tissue, seeing that I was of no use.

Every night, I cried myself to sleep, cutting the fresh skin on my wrist that had not long ago healed from previous slashing. Thinking that if I hadn’t ask you to follow me that faithful day, I wouldn’t be like this now.

Your last words to me played in my head like a broken record, opening up the wounds I had hidden so long, making fresh new ones as I remembered what you said, cutting me so deep.

“Will you just leave me alone? I don’t need you anymore! I have someone else! Please leave and never find me again.” Kris words pierced into my heart as he said, in a cold and withdrawn voice.

“I must have been so dumb to hang out with you. Why didn’t I see it clearly? You were nothing, just a depressed rag. I must have been pitying you to even offer to follow you that day. I should never have talked to you at all.” Kris laughed in that cold tone

With that, you removed me from your life and ignored me. You took a hammer to these walls, dragged the memories down the hall, packed your bags and walked away from me and my life.

There was nothing I could say. And when you slammed the front door shut, a lot of others opened up, so did my eyes so I could see that you never were the best for me. I never saw it coming, and I should've started running long, long time ago and I never thought I'd doubt you.

Thanks for the memories you gave, the heartbreak you mad, the wounds you opened. You made me realize that you were never the one for me, you lied to me Kris. You said you will always stand by me and protect me, treating me like a sister. I guess you were wrong. Thanks for this lesson Kris, I will always remember it.

I'm slowly getting closure, I guess it's really over and I'm finally getting better. Now I'm picking up the pieces from spending all of these years putting my heart back together. Because the day I thought I'd never get through, I got over you and I'm better off without you.
 

 

 

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi! So sorry for not posting any new story.

I am back with my second story which was inspired by Chris Daughtry's Over You. That song has always been my favourite no matter what. :)

Sorry for the unprofessional writting! :(

Like i have previously said in my other story, personally do not really write so much stories but if i do it is usually for my schoolwork. I really dont know why i cant write a nice story. :( I am guessing story writing isnt my cup of tea but still, I am giving it a chance.  :P

I will try to write more and hopefully as time go by, my stories will get better and more poular? :P and i really hope i can write a full story ( not oneshots soon!)

Please do comment on how this story is! I appreciate all sorts of comments, be it good or bad. :) if its bad please do tell me how to improve! and subscribe if you like this! I will try to write more and give it my best shot!

Cheers!