Missed Step

Missed Step - Sunggyu

Spending the day with your parents is exactly what you needed after being alone in your apartment while Sunggyu was off at practice. Sunggyu dropped you off at their place in the morning before his practice.

"I will see you later ok? You take care of yourself." Sunggyu kissed your lips as you nodded and got out of the car.

During the day your mother prepared you for the new baby by pulling out your baby dolls and going over how to change, hold, soothe, feed and other things with the baby. Even though you still had a few more months left she wanted to make sure that you were prepared.

Your father helped Sunggyu when he was around and gave you some tips that he used on you when your mother was away, and both of your parents were a big help during this time. Especially with Sunggyu weary of leaving you home alone for long periods of time, afraid that you would get hurt, he was happy that your parents were able to help.

Helping your mother prepare dinner, both of you chatted about names for the baby just to get more excited for its arrival. Carrying your meal to the table, you served your father as you took a seat across from him.

"Enjoy your dinner~" You said as you smiled at him and your mother came in and joined the both of you.

"Is Sunggyu going to come and pick you up tonight?" Your father asked as he took a spoonful of rice into his mouth.

"He has to stay late tonight, so I will walk home." You said as you sipped some broth up.

"We could take you home too." Your mother insisted.

"Ah it is ok. The doctor said that I should exercise too, I don’t mind walking home, really." You smiled at your parents as they nodded.

"Just make sure that you have your phone on you in case you get into trouble." Your father guided.

"Yes, I will." You agreed as your family finished dinner.

"Thank you for everything Mom and Dad. I will see you again tomorrow." You hugged both of them with your round stomach as you walked out the door with your coat in hand. Slipping your arms through the sleeves, you pulled on your coat to fit over your large stomach as you walked home. Singing gently to keep you mind off of the nights’ strange sounds, the baby moved inside of you, making you giggle.

"We will be home soon, baby. Then you can see Daddy and we can get you to bed." You smiled as you looked both ways before crossing the street. Not being able to see your feet over your stomach, you trusted that the street would be the same height as the sidewalk. Not expecting a drop, you stepped off the edge as your foot twisted as you fell to the ground, thankfully catching yourself with your hands. Moving yourself to the curb, you bent your knee up and rubbed your ankle tenderly. 

"Aish, that really hurt." You mumbled into the cool air as you already had swollen ankles so you couldn’t really see anything that was wrong with it. Steadying yourself as you stood up, you limped the rest of the way home, with your hands on your stomach. 

Once you finally hobbled home, you already saw Sunggyu’s car in the driveway as you walked to the front door and slid in your key. Turning the key you twisted the handle as you walked into the house. Slipping off your shoes you closed the door behind you. A pair of hands lifted the coat from your shoulders and helped you take off the coat as he hung it up before kissing your cheek.

"Hey Jagiya. Welcome home." Sunggyu smiled as he placed his hand in yours. Nodding you tried to disguise your limp as you walked over to the couch. "How were your parents?"

"They were good, always happy to see me and the baby grow." You smiled as you sat on the couch, lifting your hurt foot up onto the couch. Sunggyu lifted your foot onto his lap as he gently massaged it for you.

"What did you do today?" He wondered as his thumbs gently dug into the bottom of your foot. Wincing at the pain in your foot, from your missed step, he apologized as he massaged your foot a little softer.

"They just went over the basics again." You smiled, leaning back into the couch. "How was your day?"

"Good, we just worked out and worked on some new dances and lyrics for the new album." Sunggyu said as he moved his hands to your swollen ankle.

"Thanks for the foot massage." You quickly pulled your foot from his grasp as you folded it under you. Sunggyu looked at you confused, since he knows that you love ankle massages and he always saves them for last since you like them the best.

"How are the members?" You asked changing the subject, not wanting to talk about your ankle.

"They are good, always working hard like always." He talked going through all of the members and how they were that day as you began to get tired and yawn as you covered your mouth with your hand. Sunggyu smiled at you as you were too cute for your own good in his eyes.

"I think we might want to put you to bed soon. You can barely keep your eyes open." Sunggyu said as you nodded, moving to rest your head on his shoulder. The pain in your ankle was gone for some time and you had frankly forgotten about it. Sunggyu kissed your head softly before he stood up and put his hands out for you to take.

Placing your hands in his, he helped pull you up from the couch as he wrapped his arm around you and led you to the bedroom. The pain didn’t come til you were a few steps from the couch and you whined in pain and lifted your foot up to take the pressure off of the hurt foot.

”_________ what is it?” Sunggyu said concerned as he held onto you tighter. Hobbling to the bed now, you laid on the bed as Sunggyu sat next to you, rubbing your back gently.

"I hurt my ankle today when I was walking home. I stepped off of the curb and didn’t think to step down and I couldn’t see the edge so I stepped wrong and twisted it." You explained as Sunggyu nodded along. Standing up, he handed you one of his over sized shirts and some of your favorite shorts.

"Change into those and don’t move from that spot." He had a strict tone to his voice as you nodded and he left as you changed. Coming back into the room a few minutes later, he held an ice pack in his hand and lifted your ankle gently into his lap as he iced it for you. Letting out a relieved sigh you let your eyes close as you laid back onto the bed.

"I can’t believe that you wanted to walk home." Sunggyu said as he moved the ice pack to the other side of your ankle. "You know how dangerous that is for the baby and you."

"The doctor said I needed to get out Gyu." You said quietly between his thoughts.

"What if something happened to you and you couldn’t get to me?" Sunggyu looked at you with a stern look as you played with a soft blanket, his voice got louder as he lectured you.

"Shhhhh, Gyu my head hurts." Your hand pressed against your temple as he cooled off a little. "I would have called you but I could still walk… well more like limp home. I would have called you though." Your voice got quieter as he looked back at your ankle and wrapped in a bandage to let it heal. Pulling yourself up to the top of the bed, Sunggyu lifted the covers so that you could get under them as he placed them on your shoulders.

"I don’t want anything to happen to you, I don’t want to loose you or the baby. I love you both far to much for anything bad to happen to you." His tone became more warm and comforting as his eyes twinkled and swelled with new tears.

"Don’t worry, we are both ok. We just might need Daddy to take care of us for a couple days." You smiled as you pet his cheek gently with the back of your fingers.

"Daddy will take good care of you both. But Daddy wants Mommy to stay home tomorrow so that she can rest." He held your hand in his as you nodded. Pressing his lips on your shortly, he cupped your face and gently your cheek. "Get some good rest, both of you. I will come to bed soon." With another kiss you nodded as he turned off the lights and walked out of the room to take care of the now melted ice.

An hour or so he came to bed after eating a little more and fixing up the place. You rolled over as he wrapped his arm around you, your head rested on his chest as you listened to his heart and breathing.

"I’m sorry, Oppa. I should have been more careful." You mumbled as you smoothed out his shirt with your hand.

"I am just glad that both of you are safe now." Sunggyu kissed the top of your head as you nodded falling to sleep quickly.