Hunchae

Heart Warming In The Rain

“Hunchae!” Chaerin heard someone called her from behind, and knowing the nickname, she knows who the person was. Turning around, she saw her oppa running towards her with a silly grin on his face.

“Hey oppa, why the hurry?” She asks wondering why he was running earlier.

“Nothing, I just saw you and like calling you ‘Hunchae’.” He grinned at her.

“You’re so weird sometimes you know that.” She rolled her eyes and continues on her way through the empty corridor.

“Dully noted. And you yourself is weird Chaerinnie.” He said following her.

“How am I weird?”

“Well for one, it’s pouring rain outside and you’re wearing shades. Second, you’re not wearing something warm enough. You do know it’s not summer anymore.”

Chaerin scoff “Speak for yourself, oppa. You’re only wearing a flimsy white shirt; at least I’m wearing a sleeveless vest.”

“Pff, this weather is not that tough. “ Jiyong said “That’s why I can still bear the cold by just wearing thin clothing.” He nudged her with his elbow.

“I hope you get sick so that you will learn your lesson.”

“Ouch. That hurts Hunchae!” He put his hand over his heart and faked pain.

“Why do you call me ‘Hunchae’ anyway, oppa?” She has been wondering for a long time now what the name means. The first time he called her in that name, she didn’t mind. But as time goes by, the name maybe got stacked on his mind and now he always calls her ‘Hunchae’.

“Hmm,” Jiyong smiled ahead, putting his hands inside his pockets. “Why, curious?”

“I have a right to be curious, you know. That name might mean something bad and I will kill you if it does.” She threatened.

Jiyong only laugh in response.

“Hey oppa, what does it mean?” She took off her shades and give him her kitty eyes with a matching pout.

Jiyong couldn’t help but to pinch her cheeks and hug her tight.

“Oppa-!”

“This is why,” Jiyong said still hugging her close. “Because you’re heart warming sometimes. Hun hun Chaerin – ‘Hunchae’.”

“Don’t tell me you’re cold now?” Chaerin dryly said.

Jiyong chuckled and just tightened his hold on her.

“I swear oppa, if you taking advance on me, I will kick you and I have no problem with that.”

“Oh Chaerinnie, this is why I love you.” He chuckled.

“You love me?”

“Yeah.” He nonchalantly said.

“Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?”

“I’m not, cause you’re already mine.” He rested his head on top of hers.

“And since when did this happen?” She narrowed her eyes.

“Since you’re my Hunchae.”

Chaerin sighed in defeat. “You really are weird oppa, weirder than Seugnhyun oppa.”

“Hey! Don’t compare me to that alien hyung.” He laughed.

“Could you stop hugging me now?”

“Why?”

“I need to go home now.”

“No, just a little bit longer.”

“Oppa! Dara unnie might bombared me with her silly texts, yet again.”

“Don’t worry; I’ll walk you home, just stay like this for a little bit.”

She was silent for a while, weighting her mind.

“Fine, just for a while… cause I’m your Hunchae.” She said the last part softly, wrapping her arms around him and snuggling to his embrace.

Jiyong can only grin.