Engraved Memories That Never Fades

Engraved Memories That Never Fades

Hyunseung stared at the photo frames hanging on his wall, slender fingers gliding across the smooth glass, his brown eyes dull and voided of any emotions. He leaned his forehead against the biggest photo frame, his eyes closing slowly as he remembered what his lover had told him.



"Seung-ah... Don’t be sad, okay..? I love you but you must move on..."

Junhyung took a shallow breath of air, his voice weak and shaky, his pale hand trembling within Hyunseung’s grip.

"All those photos... Burn them all... Don’t get reminded of me... I.. Love you..."

With a last gasp for air, his body went limp, his hand slipping from Hyunseung’s warm hands.


 


"Jun... I really miss you..."

Hyunseung let out a sob, fingers curling into fists as he hit the wall, crying pitifully. Junhyung’s words kept resounding in his mind, making his heart ached even more.



                                                                                                      Burn... Burn them all...


With that as a goal in mind, he ripped the pictures off the wall, tearing them all down and let the frames crashed onto the hard marble floor, the glass shattering on impact. He swept the fragments away with his bare hands, the shards cutting into his skin, causing his hands to bleed but he could not feel it. He was too numb, too dead to feel anymore. That part of him had died along side with Junhyung.

He took out each picture carefully, every single one of it. He stacked them all together, holding them in his blood-coated hands and stumbled into the kitchen. He laid all the photographs on the dining table, trembling hands grabbing a matchstick and lit the candle, watching the bright flame flickered in front of him. He held the first photo of the stack in his hand, eyebrows furrowed together as he stared at the happy image.

Those joyful moments were printed on his mind so clearly, it was the first time he took a photograph with Junhyung as a official couple, their very first memories.




"Hyunseung-ah!"

Hyunseung paused, turning around to the voice. Big doe eyes blinked cutely, before he broke out into a smile at the sight of his boyfriend running up to him. Junhyung grinned at his lover, a silver camera in his hand.

"Let’s take a picture, Seungie!"

"What for..?"


"For memories, of course!"

He pulled the older boy closer to him, his arm around Hyunseung’s waist while the other hand held out the gadget. Hyunseung blushed, his cheeks tinted pink as he gave a shy smile. The rapper gave a bright grin, pressing the button and captured the sweet pose.





Hyunseung pressed the photograph against his chest, the bittersweet memories flooding his mind. He could still remembered the next picture, it was took during their very first fight.




Hyunseung buried his head into the pillow, his tightly clenched fist beating against the mattress as he wailed. Loud watery sobs escaped from his pouty lips, his heart shattering into little pieces as he recalled his fight with Junhyung a few hours before. He kept crying, the tears falling non-stop. He let out a hic and glanced up when he heard the door opening, revealing a guilty-looking Junhyung. The rapper climbed onto the bed, pulling the shorter male onto his laps, embracing the broken-hearted vocalist as he whispered soft apologies into Hyunseung’s ears again and again.


"I'm sorry, Seung. I'm sorry... Mianhaeyo... I'm sorry, Seungie..."


He merely sobbed loudly, even though in his heart, he had already forgiven the rapper. It was somewhere during that period of time, Yoseob had took a photo of the touching scene, framing it up and gave it to them to add to their photo collection.





The vocalist bit his lips, hesitating whether should he really burn all the beautiful pictures. The same familiar voice spoke once again, begging him to burn it. He closed his eyes, cradling the photos one last time.

"Goodbye..."

He held out the pictures with a hand, his eyes fluttered open as he watched those memories burnt into charcoal black ashes. He gathered the ashes and placed them into a box, covering it and tied it with a dark blue ribbon. Holding the box in a protective embrace, he ran out of the house.





It was only a few minutes before he reached his destination. The park near their dorm. He walked in deeper, climbing up a small slope and kneeled under a tree. Their favorite dating spot. He had created so many memories with Junhyung right here at this spot.

With a determined spirit, he clawed at the ground, pulling out loose grass and tried to dig a hole with his bare hands. He pushed the wet soil apart, ignoring the stinging pain that had gathered at his hands, making his wounds worsened. Once the hole was big enough, he gently placed the box into the hole, covering it back with the soil and buried it.


"Hyunseung-ah! Seung!"



He lifted his head up at hearing his name, only to see his leader running towards him, panting heavily. He blinked, blank eyes staring at Doojoon.

"Here you are... We really can’t leave you alone, huh? What had you done to your hands?"

He turned his blank stare to his hands, it was blood-coated, mud staining the cuts and his fingernails. He winced at the terrible sight, wondering why he didn’t feel it in the first place. Doojoon sighed, pulling Hyunseung up carefully, trying not to touch the bloody red skin.

"Come on, let's get those hands clean up..."


He nodded, walking behind Doojoon slowly. He turned his head around, giving the spot a one last glance. A tear rolled down his cheek, a sad yet beautiful smile on his face as he whispered softly to the wind.


 

"I love you, Junhyung... Even in death, no one can replace you in my heart..."