Chapter 1

What is happening to us?

 

Sir Jay slammed a pile of paperwork on his desk and sighed as he reached for his pen, it was going to be a long night, he thought to himself. He just hoped his boys wouldn't let him down.
 
"THANK YOU, EVERYBODY!" Hongki screamed as loud as he could, then the arena erupted into a huge cheer. He bowed and the cheers started all over again. He had just finished the last song of the night and he was glad. Seunghyun came to his side and waved then pulled his hyung into a bear hug. Instead of the stadium erupting in cheers, they just heard screaming. 
      Jonghun and Minhwan came running up to them both and joined in the celebration. Jaejin took the microphone of Hongki and thanked everyone for supporting them all. He felt emotional that it was their last performance, but none of the fans knew. They didn't really understand why it was going to be their last performance, Jay just said so. Maybe they were just going to go to Japan? Or spend a few months in the studio... no, that couldn't be it, he would have told them that if it was that simple. 
      He put the microphone to his lips again, his hands had started to tremble and his vision had become blurry. But he wanted to tell the fans their situation... even though Jay said not to. 
      Hongki saw Jaejin holding the microphone, trembling and he pulled himself away from the rest of the boys and ran to his friend, he took back his microphone, "yah... Jaejinnie, why do you look so sad? Don't be sad!" He pulled Jaejin under his arm and gave him a bad look in the process. "Y'all need to cheer up Jaejin! Give him a big cheer!"
 
Jay wasn't even half way through his work yet, he couldn't believe what was happening to his company and he didn't know what was going to happen to his bands either. He could only hope they would try and understand. He burried his head in his hands.
 
Jonghun, Hongki, Seunghyun, Jaejin and Minhwan bowed to their audience for the last time and walked off the stage, waving. 
      They didn't say anything to each other they just kept walking to their room. Hongki was already surfing the net for whole heap of rumours about Jaejins' emotions. He was right and there was already rumours going around about 'the future of FT Island' and 'if Jaejin was leaving.'
"Yah! Jaejin! Why did you do that? Were you going to tell them? Do you want our fans to worry about us? Or yourself?" The members didn't interupt them, they continued to do what they were doing, they were used to arguments now. They had been at least 100 arguments in the past week alone.
Jaejin turned around to face Hongki, "what are you talking about? Is it really fair to treat our fans like this? I don't want to treat them badly, I don't like keeping secrets from them."
Hongki shook his head and put his hands on his hips.
"You think I like it? Is that what you are trying to say, eh? How can we tell them about our situation when... when we don't even know what our situation is? How could we do that? It is the last thing we... and Jay need right now!" Jaejin knew that what he was saying was right and so he nodded and agreed.
"Ah.. Jaejin... I'm sorry, I just... I know how you are feeling so let's get through this, together!" Hongki pulled his dongsaeng into a hug and ruffled his hair.