Lay 2

Exo's Lullaby Oneshots ♪ (Not Taking Requests)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  when he says something that hurts you. _______________________________________________________________________________

You pressed your back on the wooden chair and let your head hang on to one arm of the chair. Your eyes stared at the ceiling for few minutes and then returned to the amount of paperwork to fill that were gingerly resting on your desk. Your back began to ache and your feet were numb due to the position in which you were. It had been roughly four hours you were sitting in the same position and now the muscles of your body were complaining about it.

Again, you righted your back and you landed your elbows on your wooden desk. Some rays of sunshine peeked through the white curtain in your room, warming up your arm and illuminating the secretary with a dim light. You picked up the black and cold pen, and again, you begin to fill the papers that were your current work. You were already tired but you had to finish this work. You knew that if you finish this work as soon as possible, you could then rest for a long time and without worries.

You finished writing a sentence and you felt your phone vibrate on the desk, indicating that you had a message. With a certain slowness you looked at the screen and saw that whoever had sent the message to you was your boyfriend, Lay.

Lately you haven’t been able to be with him. Although he had some free time and wanted to spend that precious time with you, you couldn’t. You were filled with work and with a certain sadness you denied his requests. Deep within your heart, you were afraid that he would get tired of your relationship, or that he would think that you no longer loved him, as in former times. You picked up the phone and pressed the buttons, marking your lock code. Then, your thumb pressed the message and your eyes quickly read the message.

 

Lay, my unicorn ♥:

‘Jagi, want to come to SM? I have some free time and I want to spend it with you :)’

 

You sighed and stared at the screen of your phone, before writing promptly a message. You knew this was the millionth time that you refused his request, but you couldn’t do anything about it. You knew you were working too much but you didn’t want to lose your job, but then, you knew you were refusing Lay too many times and you were afraid of losing him. Ah, life choices are so complicated sometimes.

 

You: ‘Mian... I have some work, maybe next time :(‘

 

You threw your phone to any corner of the desk and you closed your eyes pressing your lashes together for long seconds. Your heart rhythmically stopped his normal rhythm with a certain sorrow and your lips formed a grimace of unpleasantness.

You passed a hand over your hair that were tied up in a high bun and then you opened your eyes, staring at the papers. The good thing about this is that were only missing a few papers to finish everything. At the end of this work, you'd certainly take a vacation. You had already talked to your boss about it. You were really in need of a vacation and then you could spend all the time in the world with Lay. You miss him, that's why you wanted this work done as soon as possible for you to be with him.

When you finally finished filling the last paper, a few quick tears clouded your view with delight to finally finish everything. A small giggle of relief broke free of your lungs and you ran with the tips of your fingers, your damp lashes. Your heart began to feel less heavy and you quickly kept the papers in the suitcase for later deliver them to your boss.

After all is done and stored, you sat back in the chair and your eyes looked quickly to the little black clock on the shelf of the desk that was facing you. 9:11 pm. Your eyes widened when you saw the green numbers flicker and quickly, you turned your head to the window. Yes, it was night, the stars proved it.

You sighed and you looked down to your fingers. Another day had passed without seeing Lay. Another day has passed without having heard the voice of Lay. Another day has passed without having felt the warm touch of Lay. And in part, it was your fault. You raised your head a bit and your eyes stopped on your phone, with your long fingers, you grabbed it and saw that you had a message once again from Lay, sent a few hours ago.

 

Lay, my unicorn ♥:

‘I think I shouldn’t have even asked it.’

 

His message contained just as you suspected, the sadness of not spend his short breaks with you. Now that you read the message, you felt the relief be replaced by sadness again. You looked out the window again and you grabbed your long wool coat and you pulled it into your arms, cring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter