Hyung....

|Oneshot| Little Brother

 

“Hyung, give me back my iron man toy,” a 6 years old Yoseob pleaded his brother who was older than him by two years, using aegyo as much as he could. Junho who was hiding Yoseob’s iron man toy behind his back, stuck his tongue out and ran away. Yoseob quickly ran after Junho.

 

“Hyung!!” he yelled while running. As soon as Junho reached his bedroom, he placed the small toy that he stole from his little brother, on a high place; on top of a wardrobe. The wardrobe was a bit taller Junho. Yoseob was still small; other mean, he was still short; he couldn’t reach his toy because his height was only ¾ of his older brother. Junho had a sly smirk on his face.

 

“If you want your toy, get it from there,” he said, motioning to the top of the wardrobe. With that, he left Yoseob who was staring sadly but intensely at his iron man toy.  Yoseob turned his head to the right side.

 

“Wooyoung hyung, can you please get it for me?” he said, sounding more like pleading. Wooyoung was twin brother to Junho. Wooyoung wasn’t as evil as his twin brother but,

 

 “No, get it by yourself.” Getting up from his bed, Wooyoung left Yoseob alone. Just why my hyungs are so evil to me, Yoseob thought, sighing heavily. Even though he was still small, Yoseob was a brilliant kid. He had a great thinking for a small kid. He looked around, searching for anything to reach his iron man toy. He had lots of toys but he loved the toy the most. It was given by his best friend, Kikwang during his birthday. Finally he found what he searched for.

 

~~~

 

“Just why you so much?” Wooyoung asked, taking a seat beside his twin brother on the comfortable sofa. Junho was playing his Xbox, soccer game. He flicked his tongue.

 

“Why? It’s not like you never acted mean to him,” Junho scoffed, focusing on his game. Wooyoung rolled his eyes.

 

“Just why mom and dad let us babysit Yoseob? They knew that we always bully him,” he questioned, tapping his chin. Junho shrugged, not knowing their parent’s motive. Shrugging it off, Wooyoung took the Xbox controller.

 

“I want to play, count me in.”

 

~~~

 

Two hours earlier.

 

“Junho ah, omma called for us,” Wooyoung uttered, getting ready to walk away. “Junho! Don’t be a lazy bum!” Junho rolled his eyes and followed his twin.

 

“What?!!” the twins shouted.

 

“I want both of you babysit Yoseobie. Omma and appa need to attend an occasion at 5pm till 8pm,” their mom explains, putting a serious face on.

 

“But mom–”

 

“No buts! Any argument is invalid.”

 

“Appa….” Both of them were trying to persuade their dad. Their dad shrugged.

 

“Listen to your omma.”

 

That was how they ended up babysitting their youngest brother, Yoseob. The truth behind the twins’ evilness toward their youngest brother was they were jealous of Yoseob. Yoseob was a clever kid, they were not-so-clever. Yoseob was talkative and bubbly while they were silent type. Yoseob got much attention from their parent while they kept being abandoned. They had so much hate on Yoseob ever since he was born.

 

~~~

 

A loud thud filled the house. That made the twin brothers looked at each other. “What’s that sound?” Junho voiced out. Wooyoung just shrugged.

 

“Want to check?” Junho shook his head.

 

“You go.”

 

Wooyoung rolled his eyes and got up to check from where did the loud thud came from. Reaching at place, his eyes grew wide and he started to get panic.

 

“Junho! Come here fast! Junho!!” Wooyoung shouted loudly. His body was shaking watching the view in front of him. Blood coloured some of the white tiles of his bedroom and a body lifelessly laid on there. He didn’t know what to do. His legs felt weak knowing the fact that the body belonged to his younger brother, Yoseob. The iron man toy was held tight in Yoseob’s hand. A box which was ¾ of Yoseob’s height was clearly seen beside the wardrobe that Junho placed the small toy of Yoseob.

 

“Yah Wooyoung-ah, why are you–” a loud gasp escaped from Junho’s mouth as soon as he watched the scene. He fell on the floor on his knees. Wooyoung quickly rushed to Yoseob’s side, checking whether Yoseob was still breathing or not.

 

“Yoseob ah…..Yoseobie……” Wooyoung desperately shook him. He wanted the boy to wake up.

 

“Call for ambulance!”

 

~~~

 

Yoseob was immediately rushed to ER. The twins were shakily waiting for their parent –also Yoseob– in the waiting room. Junho felt guilty for placing Yoseob’s iron man toy at such a high place. He hung his head low while staring down the floor blankly. Wooyoung walked back and forth ever since Yoseob was admitted into ER. Footsteps were heard. Here came their parent.

 

“What happened?” their mom worriedly asked, giving a hug to each of the twin boys.

 

“Yoseobie….fell.” Their mom gasped, her eyes start to get watery. Then, the doctor was out from ER. Their mom and dad immediately went to ask about Yoseobie’s condition. The twins wanted to know too yet they just looked from far; it’s not that far but still. They saw the doctor shook his head disappointedly. They saw their mom fell on the floor with teary eyes. Junho and Wooyoung knew Yoseob was no longer there to be their younger brother. Knowing the fact, both of them burst into heavy tears

.

~~~

 

“Hyung! Hyung! Wake up hyung!” A voice echoed through the house. Wooyoung was the first one to open up his eyes, followed by Junho. Both of them stared intensely and confusedly at the kid in front of them. Then they looked at each other.

 

“It was just a dream?” they said simultaneously before turning to the front.

 

“Yoseobie is hungry. I want to eat,” Yoseob whined; his lips formed a pout. The twins smiled at the younger boy.

 

“Hyung make you sandwich okay?” Junho said, ruffling Yoseob’s hair. Yoseob’s eyes immediately grew in excitement, nodding rapidly.

 

“Did you get back your iron man toy yet?” Wooyoung raised his eyebrows. Cutely Yoseob shook his head.

 

“Hyung get it for you.” With that Wooyoung got up to take Yoseob’s toy. Hyungs act so weird but I love it! Yoseob thought and beamed happily. He wished his twin older brother would be nice to him like that forever.

 


My first time writing a story like this. Hehe. Feel free to drop your comment~ ^^