Final

Meat Stains and Broken Heels

 “Hey there, big boy,” the gangly person said to Minsoo. “You ready to get this date started?” The person blew Minsoo a kiss that he immediately recoiled from.

 “You’re unbelievable. For goodness’s sake, Niel, take off the God forsaken heels, wig, and dress. I told you to set me up with someone, not dress like a cheap hooker!” Minsoo pushed Niel away – though not too harshly.

 Niel dismissed Minsoo’s words and clung onto Minsoo’s muscled arm. “But oppa,” Niel whined, pouting his lips, “I got all dolled up for you!” With his free hand, he gestured to his abnormally large chest. “I even padded up!”

 Minsoo’s palm hit his face so harshly that the sound rang in the living room. Niel gasped, over exaggerating, and gingerly took Minsoo’s hand. “Are you okay, oppa? Does your cheek hurt? Why did you slap yourself? Silly oppa!” Niel giggled in an abnormally high-pitched voice.

 “Oh, God, help me now,” Minsoo groaned, scrunching his eyes closed and ignoring Niel. “I don’t even care if I have to retake advanced calculus. Just, please, get me away from this stupid college freshman.”

 “Hey! I’m not stupid,” Niel protested, shaking Minsoo’s reddening hand. “I’m a smart college freshman. That is why I was able to spare a weekend to take you out on a damn date. Now, Minsoo oppa, I’m Nellie. You better treat me with some respect or I’ll break what’s in between your legs. Are we clear?” The glare Niel was giving Minsoo would’ve been more intimidating if there were no fake eyelashes and glitter involved.

 Rolling his eyes, Minsoo took his arm from Niel’s grasp. “Understood, Nellie.”

 “Okay then! I think we should go to the amusement park first, and then lunch. What d’you think, oppa?” Niel fluttered his eyelashes and puffed up his cheeks. Damn, this man had no shame whatsoever.

 “Sure, whatever,” Minsoo said dismissively. He was rewarded with a slap on his shoulder. “Not like that hurt, or anything, but why’d you do that?” He was lying through his teeth, and Niel could tell. Niel’s slaps were really no joke.

 The younger male turned away from Minsoo and stalked out of the living room. Minsoo could faintly hear his reply of, “I’ve got to discipline my oppa!” Before he could even leave the room, the sound of heels clacking out onto the porch alerted him to Niel’s departure.

 Although he wasn’t exactly sure of his motivations, Minsoo left the living room and followed Niel onto the porch. Making sure to lock the door, Minsoo followed Niel and grabbed his arm. In a husky, teasing voice, he asked, “Why are you leaving without your oppa?”

 Minsoo wasn’t sure if Niel blushed or not, since the foundation and pink powder dusting the younger man’s cheeks made it hard to tell. Niel did stutter, though, and managed only one coherent sentence before walking down the porch steps. “Let’s go to the amusement park now.”

 Smirking in triumph, Minsoo walked behind Niel to watch his lanky legs wobble slightly in the tall heels (and his in the floral dress). They walked in silence for a while, ignoring the strange looks and whispers that came their way. It was expected, of course. Niel, normally, was already taller than Minsoo by an inch or so, but with the stilettos on, he towered above his date and everyone else.

 “So, do you want to ride the roller coasters?” Minsoo asked Niel, although he already knew an answer.

 “Hell yes,” Niel replied, a noticeable bounce in his step. Honestly, Minsoo didn’t know how the boy so much as walked two feet without falling over. The heels were insanely tall and thin, almost as thin as Niel’s legs. How the shoes could support the spindly boy was beyond Minsoo.

 Without even noticing that Niel had stopped, Minsoo kept walking. He ended up slamming into the male in drag and sending the poor guy toppling over. Niel had no time to fall any further when Minsoo caught him by the waist. “Damn, is this some drama?” Niel laughed, not fazed by the fall.

 “Yeah, but you’re not some dainty lady,” Minsoo replied as he gingerly twirled Niel around. Niel laughed and pulled at the other’s shirt collar to drag him to the ticket stand.

 “I am a goddness,” Niel giggled as they stood in front of the ticket vendor. The ticket vendor ogled Niel for a bit, prompting the male to wink and smile. Minsoo cleared his throat and took out his wallet.

 Taking out a twenty, Minsoo told the vendor, “Look, I know he’s hot, but your boss isn’t paying you to visually undress my date.”

 The vendor looked very surprised to hear “he”, but did not say anything as he accepted the bill and gave the two their tickets. Niel happily took the ticket and strutted to the nearly empty lines. Minsoo followed, sighing in annoyance as he saw Niel winking at the security guard.

 “Aww, why do you have to check my pockets?” Niel pouted as he crossed his arms. “Why can’t you just let me in? If you have to do a pat down, my boyfriend will get mad!”

 “Ma’am, you’re abnormally tall for a woman, and your hips look a bit unnatural. I’m only doing my job to maintain a safe environment for the amusement park,” the security officer replied, his cheeks tinted the slightest of pinks.

 Of course, Niel, being the theatre major he was, decided to turn up the drama a bit. “Are you accusing me of being a predator?” he gasped, looking thoroughly offended. “And are you also suggesting that I have stuffed my sides with weapons?”

 “No, ma’am. It is under protocol that I must check everyone, even if they have no bags. It also states that I must check women that are 180+ centimeters tall, and people that have protrusions that seem unnatural.”

 Niel placed his two hands on his s. “Are you implying something?! These are 100% natural!” he screeched, making a scene. Thankfully, he was literally unrecognizable under the layers of makeup he had applied. However, unluckily for Minsoo, Niel was his date for the day.

 Not wanting to attract more attention than they already did, Minsoo grabbed Niel’s arm and hissed in his ear. “Will you just let the dude pat you down?”

 Turning around, Niel flung his arms dramatically over Minsoo’s head, burying the shorter, but older, man into his synthetic bosom. “Oh, oppa!” he cried, “This mean old stinker is trying to cop a feel of my body!”

 “What is there to feel?” Minsoo pushed Niel’s chest from his face. “You’re as flat as a board without your padding!”

 Wailing, Niel stumbled from Minsoo. “I – I thought you loved me!” Hiding his face in his palms, he cried out, “But now I realize you only wanted me for my curves!”

 “YOU HAVE NO CURVES!” the older man roared. “YOU ARE A STICK!”

 “Oppa!” Niel whimpered, backing away from his fuming date. “ALL THIS TIME YOU’VE FED ME LIES!”

 Meanwhile, the security guard had called in some backup. All the yelling and commotion had caused the few families and children to stop and watch. Some mothers were ushering their kids away while infants raised their fists and bawled.

 By the time three security guards made their way to the arguing pair, Minsoo was effortlessly keeping Niel’s puckered lips from his face. The boy turned girl may have had a height advantage, but his thin arms looked like twigs compared to Minsoo’s buff ones.

 “Okay, security is asking you nicely to please exit the premises,” the head security guard said in a monotonous voice.

 “Do we get refunded?” Niel demanded, “I paid good money and now I’m being denied entry!”

 “You didn’t even pay,” Minsoo grumbled as he followed the guards. Niel sighed in both defeat and content, deciding to follow his date. He felt defeated, because he didn’t get to go on a romantic Ferris wheel ride with Minsoo; his contentment stemmed from the drama he had just whipped up. His theatre teacher would’ve been proud.

 “Well, we might as well go out to eat bulgogi, right, Ni – Nellie?” Minsoo said after a while, looking back to affirm his decision with Niel. The boy nodded eagerly and launched himself onto Minsoo.

 As he gripped onto the muscular arms, Niel looked up at the older man’s face. He traced Minsoo’s jaw, playfully tickling the other male. “You’re paying, right?”

 “Just because you’re the ‘lady’ you’re saying I should pay for the date?” Minsoo poked Niel’s nose. “ist.”

 “You actually have a job while I’m just a college freshman that eats ramyun all the time…oppa,” Niel responded, jutting his bottom lip out.

 “Fine, I’ll pay,” the upperclassman gave in. He and his date peacefully walked to their favorite bulgogi restaurant, ignoring all the questioning stares they received. Niel went ahead and wiped off his neon pink lipgloss on Minsoo’s upper arm. If the recipient of the glittery goo had any qualms about it, he didn’t say them.

 They walked into the restaurant, were seated, and ordered in record time. Niel excused himself to the restrooms to wipe the makeup off his face. Minsoo sat there at the table patiently until Niel came back – not as Nellie, but as Niel. His wig, his makeup, and even the floral dress were gone.

 “Do you like my new get up?” he asked, twirling around. He wore white booty shorts and a light pink tank top. “These are the clothes I wore under the dress, by the way.”

 “You kept the heels,” Minsoo noted.
 
 Nodding, Niel replied, “Of course. If you ever piss me off, I could just break off the heels and stab your eyes.”

 Laughing, Minsoo moved the plate of raw meat over to Niel’s side of the table. “That’s creative,” he remarked as he switched the fire on.

 “Plus, they make me feel hella fabulous.” Niel meticulously placed the pieces of raw bulgogi onto the grill to cook with some onions. Minsoo scooped the rice into both of their bowls and put some pieces of kimchi onto the grains.

 After a bit of silence, Minsoo finally spoke up. “So…up for a second date?”

 Grinning broadly, Niel placed a piece of cooked, but not well done, bulgogi by Minsoo’s parted lips. The man ate it sloppily, purposely leaving meat stains at the side of his mouth. Smirking, Niel carefully wiped the sauce away with a napkin. “Does next Friday at 3:00 work for you, oppa?”