You, me and fate

Lotus Breath

 

 

Mrs. Lee brought her ten years old son for a walk in the park while waiting for her friend, Mrs. Kim arrival. She bought two ice creams for her son, who kept clinging to her since earlier because he wanted it so much.

Mrs. Kim saw them from afar and approached them with a blooming smile towards them. She came with a cute-looking girl in a baby pink dress trailing behind her. The girl was shy and kept hiding beneath her mother’s white, long, see-through scarf. She didn’t even greet her mother’s friend.

Kiseop looked puzzled as he continued staring absent-mindedly at the shy girl. The mothers’ chuckled a little seeing their children unusual behavior. That was the first time they met, in an unarranged meeting with each other eyes. Mrs. Lee shoved Kiseop from behind to confront the girl, “Kiseop, give your new friend an ice cream too. She’s shy. Talked to her.”

“Hey, I’m Kiseop. Here, take this. It’s my favourite,” Kiseop put the ice cream in her grips.

“Thank you, I’m Kim Ha Ni. You can call me, Ha Ni. Nice to meet you,” Ha Ni the top of the ice cream and she turned bright immediately.

Ha Ni ate the half-melting ice cream soppily. Kiseop watched her as he wept using a piece of tissue tenderly. Their mothers’ were too engrossed in their own world while the two of them played around happily with each other. Later in the evening, Kiseop and Ha Ni were bidding goodbye to each other without knowing that the meeting was only the starting point in each other life.

 

***

 

“Haney, thanks for this. But, you always give it to me during every year. Since early middle school until high school. Don’t you get tired of it?” Kiseop said while waving his box of chocolates in front of Ha Ni who was searching for a book in her locker.

“Don’t call me that. My name is Ha Ni, not Haney. It’s doesn’t suit me,” Ha Ni pouted a little while frowning because she didn’t seem to find it.

“Hey, of course ‘Haney’ suits you enough. It’s a cute name though just to cut it like that,” a book fell from Ha Ni’s locker making her flinched a little.

“Oh, it’s like that. Anyway, you already know why I give the chocolates to you only for all this years. You can’t resist my handmade chocolates, right? And serve you right because you befriend with a loner like me,” Ha Ni was laughing along while picking the book.

She since she did not want Kiseop to realize that she felt something sparkled in her heart.

 

***

 

Kiseop and his parents were having a dinner at Ha Ni’s house. They already finished eating and heading over to the living room leaving Ha Ni and Kiseop alone at the dining room. Ha Ni were cleaning the leftover while Kiseop was helping her. Kiseop was willing to help Ha Ni at the kitchen rather than having to spend time with the elders hearing a boring adult conversation.

The two families had a closed-relationship until they would let Kiseop stayed over sometimes, if he was lazy to go back to his house after having a full and tiring day at the university that he and Ha Ni attended together.

“Haney, look at this. It’s cute, like you. Right?” Kiseop who was standing beside Ha Ni pointing his finger near Ha Ni’s cheek.

“What, Kiseop? It’s … yah, what are you doing?” Ha Ni turned her head slightly to see Kiseop but she greeted a finger full of bubbles’ soap that came from Kiseop.

“Haha. Got you, Haney. You cheeks are so cute; I want to pinch them every time I see them. Plus, with the white bubbles, you become much cuter. Haha…,” said Kiseop while laughing whole-heartedly until his voices could be hear by the parents who were chatting in the living room.

“So, it’s funny. Let see if you can become cute like me too if I spread it all over your face. Yah, come here. Don’t you dare to run away,” Ha Ni scooped a full hand of bubbles’ soap and inched it forward nearing Kiseop. Seeing Ha Ni was serious with her words, he ran from the kitchen heading over to the living room.

Before he entered the living room area, he almost collided with Ha Ni’s mother, Mrs. Kim. He stopped abruptly before speaking, “oh, mother. What are you doing here? I thought you’re at the living room.”

“Kiseop, ask Ha Ni to stop washing the dishes and come to the front. Both of you,” she said with a smile.

“Alright, mother. We will be there shortly,” Kiseop replied politely.

He returned to the kitchen with a defensive mode on, “Haney, your mother call us to join them at the living room. It looks like something important,” he shouted not really far from where Ha Ni stood.

“You. Do you call my mother as your ‘mother’ again? I told you, we are not siblings. Why would you call my mother, ‘mother’ too? It’s annoying,” Ha Ni rinsed her hands and walked over to Kiseop.

“Haney, I already knew your mother since I was ten. She’s practically my mother too and you can call my mother, as ‘mother’ too. She accepts you as her daughter long ago, right?” said Kiseop while they were walking together towards where their parents were waiting patiently.  

Little did they know, what waited for them at the moment were not only their parents but their intertwine fate too.  They never predict that their life and fate would change completely; not only their relationship but their inner self too.  

 

 

a/n: i'm sorry for the late update.  this is a bit short, right? i will keep updating but it's may be a bit slow.

       well, i'm having a hard time to write this because i'm writing a story for a competition right now. 

      but, i don't want to neglect this story since i already write it. while i write this story, i keep writing kiseop's name as jongin. 

      that's because my head is full with kai right now since i'm writing about him too.

       the new story is 'Longing For A Pulse' featuring kai.