When There's A Beginning, There's An Ending

Don't Go

Their first encounter was not that pleasent. Chanyeol was walking home alone. Unexpectedly, he bumped to a girl. The smell of alchohol to his nose. She threw up on the ground. Luckily, Chanyeol managed to move aside. If not, his clothes needed to be wash thousands times. 

 " Sorry, giant boy. " the girl laughed a walked away.

  That night, Chanyeol had met his lucky girl. He fell in love with her. More like love at the first sight.

 

Chanyeol found out the girl was studying in the same college as he was. She was a great dancer. Chanyeol was amazed wih her dance moves. 

People called her .

Gangster.

Troublemaker.

Playgirl.

But Chanyeol...he ignored it. He came up with a decision of asking her out for a date. She accepted.

 

 

It's been a year. Chanyeol thought it was the right time to propose her.

She accepted it with a condition.

She can do whatever she wants. And no one including him can stop her.

Because Chanyeol was madly in love with her, he agreed.


 

    " Misa." Chanyeol put a plate of spagetti and a glass of fresh orange juice on the table.

Misa was sleeping with her head on the dining table, seated on a chair.

Chanyeol smiled looking at her cute face while sleeping. He took out his video camera. 

" Misa." he called her name while pointing the camera on her face.

         " Go away." she mumbled.

Chanyeol put the camera down. He held the fork and with a little spagetti curled around it, he moved to your mouth.

" You need to eat or you'll starve." he opened using his finger.

" I don't want! " she pushed his hand. He spilled the spagetti on the floor.

" Misa. You must eat." he took another spagetti.

 " I SAID I DON'T WANT! " she yelled.

Chanyeol just sighed. He took the video camera and continued recording her sleepy wife. He even laughed.

" CHANYEOL! STOP IT ! YOU JERK! " she stood up and walked to couch. She jumped on it and fell back to sleep.

He didn't felt upset but he put a blanket on her.

 

" Misa. Take a shower and you can continue sleeping." he shook her body.

She sat up on the couch." Stop borthe...."

Chanyeol widened his eyes. A liquid that came out of was on his clothes. She vomitted.

" Sorry." she went back to sleep.

" Looks like I'm the one who needs a shower." he went to bathroom.


 

" Hello everyone! " Misa walked in the nightclub and met her friends. 

" Hey, Misa. Aren't your husband be mad at you? It's like every night you come out to this place." her friend gave a drink.

" Who? Chanyeol? He won't mind about it." you laughed and enjoyed the night.

 

She went home being all drunk. She ended sleeping at the dining table because she was too lazy to went upstairs.


 

" Ouch! My head hurts. " she woke up feeling dizzy. She felt something warm on her hand.

Chanyeol was sleeping beside her while holding her hand. She realised a blanket was covering her.

" Chanyeol. You silly giant." she his hair.

 

The next day...

         " So...this is our dinner. I even got the candlelights. Pretty, right? " Chanyeol was recording the dining table. He decorated it beautifully with the candles, roses, mouth-watering dinner and the wine glasses.

She went downstairs wearing a black dress. It was short and tight.

" I'm going out. " she checked his handbag. Making sure nothing was left.

Chanyeol just nodded. Actually, he meant to have a dinner with her. He even cooked, decorated and everything.

Noticing she didn't wear anything to keep her from cold, Chanyeol took off his jacket and wrapped around her.

" What are you trying to do!? " she pushed him.

Chanyeol looked down. " You see....I made dinner for us and maybe you could join for tonight?"

" Are you deaf? I said that I'm going out. Don't you hear me!? " she gave a glare and went out.

Chanyeol was left alone. 


 

Chanyeol was waiting in the living room. It's 2am in the morning.

Misa walked in with a bruise on her face.

" What's wrong!? What happened!? " Chanyeol freaked out.

" I got into a fight with my old friend. " she looked away.

  He seated Misa on the couch while he find some medicine.

 

He took a cotton bud covered with some type of cream and wiped it on the bruise.

" She was the one who started it. She said that I stole her boyfriend! " Misa explained with an angry tone.

Chanyeol smiled.

" And she...ouch! " she pushed his hand.

" Sorry..." Chanyeol continued.

" Well, it's your fault. You should have talk to her slowly. Discuss with her and..."

" So you are on her side right now, huh? " she stood up.

" Misa..I.."

She yelled. " What kind of husband are you!?"

For the first time in her life, she saw Chanyeol lost his temper.

" AND WHAT KIND OF WIFE ARE YOU!? Think carefully before you say anything." Chanyeol went to his bedroom.

Misa couldn't say a word.

 

When they were sleeping, they were not facing each other.

Misa felt guilty. She barely could sleep.

Chanyeol coughed.

She was startled a little but then she hugged him. Wanting him to calm.

He coughed even more and got out of bed. Misa was shocked. She thought he was too angry that he didn't want her to hug him.

He went to the bathroom and Misa continued sleeping. She was thinking of apologising in the morning.

 

 

Chanyeol kept on coughing. He stood infront of the sink. He pulled off his hand that was closing his mouth. 

He was terribly shocked till he cried.

Blood.

Blood on his hand.

He cried along the night.


 

" Good morning..." Misa looked beside her. Expecting Chanyeol to reply but he's not there.

Weird.

She went downstairs and to the kitchen. Not there. There's no breakfast on the table either.

Even more weird.

She waited until it was 10 am.

The sound of the car engine stopped and footsteps made her ran to the front door.

It was Chanyeol.

He smiled at Misa and walked in like nothing happened.

" Yahh!! Chanyeol!!! " she held his hand.

" Yes, dear? " he said.

" Chanyeol, where did you go? You want to leave me right? You are sick of being with me. With a like me. There must be another girl that..."

" What are you talking about? " Chanyeol looked at her with a serious face.

" Chanyeol..I.."

" Enough, Misa. Let's eat breakfast." he walked to the kitchen.

 

All of sudden, Chanyeol fell on the ground.

" Chanyeol ! " she ran to him. He was laying on the ground unconsiously.

" Chanyeol ! Wake up ! " she cried.


The next day, she went to the hospital. Chanyeol was hospitalised for lung cancer.

" How are you feeling today? " she sat beside him.

He turned around not wanting to face her.

She could felt how sad he was.

She hugged Chanyeol. Although Chanyeol was laying on the bed.

" No. Don't force yourself to do it. " his voice was trembling.

" I'm not. " she kissed his cheek.

" Why, Misa? Why? " he cried.

" I'm...I'm so sorry." she said while his cheeks.

 

Weeks passed by so fast. Everyday Misa would visited him. 

There was once Misa took him for a walk at the hospital park. Not actually a walk since Chanyeol was already in the level he couldn't stand and just sat on the wheelchair.

" Don't you want to go out? " he asked.

" Why? " she pushed the wheelchair slowly.

" Almost everynight you go out so I was wondering." he said.

" I think you know that I went to the nightclubs. But why aren't you avoiding me? Maybe I could have done 'something' when I become drunk and whatsoever." she asked.

He giggled. " I still don't forget our promise before we got married. NO ONE CAN STOP YOU. And....because I trust my wife. I trust my wife that she wouldn't do such a thing."

She stopped. She couldn't hide her tears. Listening to what Chanyeol said were just enough to make her heart fluttered.

" Why? Something wrong? " he turned his head looking at you.

" Don't look at me, giant boy. Something got into my eyes." she pushed him.

" Okay." he smiled.

 

She thought. "How can he even smile even though he is hurt so many times even now..."

 


 

" I should cook something for him. " she decided to cook a meal for him so she could bring to the hospital.

While she was searching for the ingredients, she found a video camera.

The video camera that Chanyeol was holding all along.

You and played the video.

 

  The video showed Misa. She was sleeping on the dining table.

" Misa, you must eat."

" I SAID I DON'T WANT! "

....

" CHANYEOL! STOP IT ! YOU JERK ! "

Misa stood up and walked off.

The video camera turned to him. " My wife is mad with me. What should I do? "

The video stopped.

 

Then, it played the next video.

" Hello ! " Chanyeol waved at the camera.

" Today..ah! I mean, tonight! Maybe what Misa said that I was dumb. Yeah she's right."

He pointed the camera to the beautiful decorated dining table.

" I made this all by myself. I decided to have a dinner with my lovely wife. I should have tell her earlier so she can dress up prettily for me. "

He was smiling so wide with his ears showed up like an elf.

The sound of someone walking downstairs.

" She's here. Hope for the best dinner ever. Bye! "

The video stopped.

 

The last video was played.

" So here is...maybe my last video. It's 5 am in the morning and my wife is still asleep. I think I need to tell her about my disease but I don't want to hurt her feelings. Maybe she will find out soon." 

He took something. A guitar.

" I haven't sing for a long time. Because I'm too shy to say ' Happy 1st Annivesary ' to my wife, I'll sing this song for her."

He smiled and focused playing the guitar.

Lying beside you.

Here in the dark.

Feeling your heartbeat with mine.

 

She couldn't help it. She cried so much.

 

Softly you whisper.

You're so sincere.

How could our love be so blind?

 

" I think I'll stop for now. I need to go. Probably this will be the last video and our first and last annivesary. Whatever happens, I will smile and love you always, my wife, Misa. "

The video stopped.

 

She fell on the ground holding the video camera. She cried so hard. Her cheeks were wet even her clothes.

" Chanyeol....Chanyeol..." she cried his name.

" You silly giant boy. Why don't you just give up on me! Go find someone else that is better than me! " she shouted.

Her phone rang.

" Hello? This is Mrs.Park? "

" Yes."

" We are from Seoul Hospital. Your husband is in a bad condition now. Could you come over?"

" Sure!"

" Okay. Thank you."

 


 

" Chanyeol ! " she ran.

" Mrs.Park . Your husband is in the ICU. You must wait outside." the doctor said.

" But.. I..."

" Please. We will do our best. Keep praying, okay? " the doctor walked in the room along with some nurses.

You started to cry.

You went to the door. You looked through the rectangular glass on the door. It was kind of blurry but she managed to look through it.

She regretted.

She saw Chanyeol. With the oxygen cap on his mouth, he still coughed. She could saw the blood in the cap.

" CHANYEOL !!! " she shouted.

The doctor took off the cap and did what they had to.

" Chanyeol..." she cried.

Chanyeol was looking at her. With his watery eyes, he still smiled.

Tears flew down his cheeks, he smiled. And his head moved heavily to the side.

" Chanyeol !!!! " she cried while banging the door with her hands.

 

 

She walked in slowly. Chanyeol was still on the bed. Covered with a white blanket from head to toe.

She pulled down the blanket. Looking at his pale face.

He looked calm.

" Chanyeol...I'm sorry. Forgive me for everything.." she cried with her head on his chest.

What made her felt more sad that there was no heartbeat at all. His body was cold.

 

" Chanyeol...Please...Don't go.. "

 

THE END