Shadow to Eternal

SHADOW 그림자
Please log in to read the full chapter

I looked at your innocent face. You were even smiling when being asleep. Your hand slowly drifted closer towards my heart. This was like every other night. I kept being awake, so I could happily watch over you. Not like days, where you weren’t here. My heart was blind whenever you were away. I could hear your breath as I gently fell asleep. I didn’t want you to go, but cried instead,

“Please don’t leave me oppa...” My heart beat harder of excitement, and you woke up for an exciting new day.

The sunrise was beautiful, though my hands were really cold. Your schedules started from the early morning to the late night. The atmosphere wasn’t good either, or at least because you weren’t here. I weakly sat on my bed, looking at my phone. My wallpaper was a picture of us, of course. I certainly wanted to change it, as I didn’t wanted to think of us together. You kept messaging me which made you in a lots of troubles, but continued like that because of me. Your latest message was from the early morning.

-Saranghae- was the only thing it said, with a picture of you and Kai doing aegyo. I wanted to laugh, but just couldn’t. You were really awkward but cute, and it wasn’t that easy for you to write romantic texts. I looked at our earlier texts,

-Oppa will give you a big, loving hug when returning~- one said with a big, red heart beside. It was still cold, though I was feeling cheerful, reading your tender words. I seriously wished we had never met. We would maybe have found eternal love by ourselves. What I only thought about was, destiny can change whenever we want it to. I wouldn’t have fallen in love with you, if I had walked the opposite way. I could simply just have rejected you, if it wasn’t because of me, who was deeply in love with you. Love for the first time felt like illness, not just something unforgettable. I wanted to let you go, though I still had this many feelings for you. Now my only request was to forget you. Forgot our love…

-Let’s break up- I typed and just had to send it. I knew how huty you’d be if we decided never to look at each other anymore. But it was the best for us. You were more sensitive than me, though you kept holding it inside. You know I’d cry, if you did. I needed to end this. If nothing else happened, our ending would be too heartbreaking, which could make us hate each other. I’d rather forget you, than hating you. I was glad you weren’t by my side right now…

Days went like this. You didn’t send me any messages for days and kept being silent. I tried not thinking about you, but it was too hard. It was the seventh day without an answer. Someone suddenly knocked on the door. Could it be you? You who wanted me back? I opened the door with closed eyes,

Please log in to read the full chapter