My Idiot Prince

Stuck in a Tree

My Idiot Prince

 

"Mommy?" A little girl with big brown eyes called.

"Yes sweetie?" Her mother said as she walked into the little girl’s room.

"How did you and daddy meet?" She asked innocently.

Her mother chuckled. "What brought this up all of a sudden Minsoo?'

"I was just curious."

Sooyung smiled and replied, "Alright, I'll go bring daddy so he can say his side of the story. Sit tight, 'kay?" Minsoo nodded and snuggled into her covers, waiting for her mommy and daddy.

Sooyung walked up behind her husband, who was sitting on the couch and watching TV, and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Minki, Minsoo wants to know about how we met," she cooed into his ear.

"Does she now? Why so suddenly?" he asked, turning his gaze from the TV to his beautiful wife.

"Just her little curiosity."

He smiled and walked back to his daughter’s bedroom with his wife following closely behind. "Hey baby girl, I hear you wanna know how mommy and I met," Minki said as he sat next to Minsoo and Sooyung sat on her other side.

Minsoo nodded her head furiously. "Yeah daddy! Please tell me the story. Please, please, please!"

Minki chuckled and lightly kissed her forehead. "Alright... Would you like to start with your side of the story first, Soo?"

"Sure... The very first time we met was when we were both four years old."

"Wow, four? That's how old I am! You guys met forever ago," Minsoo said in amazement. "How long ago was that mommy?"

"Umm, twenty three years," Minki replied. He rubbed the back of his neck and pouted. "Saying it out loud makes me feel old now."

"Yeah, a lot of time has passed since then... but let's get back to the story, shall we." Both husband and daughter nodded. "It was during summer break…"

~23yrs Ago~

The first semester of school was going to start again in a few days. The sun was out and there were lots of kids playing in the park with their friends and family. I was taking a walk with my older cousin through the closest family park when I saw a little boy around my age in a tree. My cousin was talking to one of her friends so I decided to go talk to that boy.

“Was that little boy daddy?” Minsoo interrupted. Sooyung smiled and nodded. “Is that why you married daddy? Because you found him in a tree?”

Sooyung laughed and said, “No, that’s not why I married daddy,” she looked up at Minki and continued, “I married him because he became really special to me after years went by.”

Minki leaned in and kissed Sooyung on the forehead. “You should continue.” Sooyung smiled and continued.

When I got closer to the tree I asked the little boy why he was sitting there. He told me that he saw a pretty bird and wanted a closer look. I looked at the tree closer for a bird but I couldn’t see any. I asked him why he was still in the tree if the bird flew away and he told me he was stuck. Thinking he probably got his pants caught on a branch I decided to climb the tree to help him. Turns out he was too scared to jump down.

“I wasn’t scared!” Minki jumped in.

“Yeah you were. If you weren’t scared then why didn’t you get down before?” Minki pouted and let his wife continue. “We both held hands and jumped down at the count of three. Luckily the branch we were sitting on wasn’t too high so it barely hurt when we landed.”

“So that was the very first time you two met?” Minsoo asked, not quite satisfied with the short story.

“Yup, that’s the very first time we met,” Minki said as he pulled the blanket up to better cover his daughter.

“What happened after that? How did you two want to marry each other after that?”

Sooyung chuckled. “Why don’t you answer that Ren?”

“Um well, afterwards your mother and I went our separate ways. But we met again at school when we ended up being in the same class and became best friends. When we grew older I realized that I liked mommy more than a friend and asked her out on a date. Things just took off from there and now I have a loving wife and a beautiful daughter”

“Wanna hear something funny about our first date, Minsoo?” Sooyung asked. Minsoo nodded so she continued. “Daddy and I were supposed to meet at this bench near the entrance to the park where we first met but he was late. I thought he wasn’t going to show up so I was going to go home. But something told me he was around so I went to look for him. That’s where I saw my prince in a tree, helping a little birdy back into its nest.”

“In a tree again? You must really like climbing trees daddy. Maybe daddy’s a monkey!”

“Alright, alright, no more making fun of daddy. Time for this little princess to go to sleep.” Minki and Sooyung kissed their daughter goodnight and went to the living room.

Minki and Sooyung sat on the couch and cuddled as they watched the ending of a Disney princess movie. “Hey Ren?”Sooyung asked as she lifted her head from his chest. He hummed as a sign that he was listening. “Wasn’t I the one who asked you out first?” He nodded his head. “Then why did you tell Minsoo that you were the one who asked me out?”

“Because you told her I was too scared to jump out of the tree. I had to say something to save at least some of my pride,” Minki answered, pouting cutely.

Sooyung sighed and smiled. She tilted her head to kiss him on the cheek and said, “Alright, just as long as we both know that I didn’t wait around for my prince charming to show up.”

Minki smiled and leaned in to capture Sooyung’s lips in a sweet, chaste kiss. “I’m glad you didn’t.”

 

 

 

I'm not very good at writing fluff but I tried my best so I hope you guys like it! ^_^