Chapter One

Juliet Undercover

*beeeep beeep beep*

"My Juliet make it quick or you have to walk to the office." That middle aged man kept hitting the horn of his car.

"God. Hold on for seconds Dad, I can't find my perfume." I shouted from my room's window on the 2nd floor.

"You have said that since 30 minutes ago Juls, and I can't wait anymore. 10… 9… 8…." That middle aged man shouted back.

"Geez that old man..... Where the hell is my perfume....? Ah! Here it is! Found it! Ouch!" My head hit the corner of the bed, int he morning. How Great!

"Hold on Dad, I'm running downstairs....."

This was a usual noise that made every morning in my house. Since 2 years ago the 15 years old Julie had stopped going to public school, instead I got my private tutorial in Dad’s office, Interpol Headquarters in Lyon from Monday to Friday. There were nothing like gossiping with girlfriends or meet with boyfriend during school break or after school, heck I didn't even have chance to find a boyfriend. As a replacement, I always helped the Interpol staff members to solve their computer problem during  my tutorial break and after that while waiting for my dad to finish his works.

But you were wrong if you thought I was unsociable. I wasn’t that nerd and anti-social. I always talked with the Interpol staffs member, I tried to get along with them so they could accept my presence and not bothered by my existence. You know, some might think that I was just a little girl who was trying to messed up their office. Another fact that I still interacted with my former schoolmates through social media also prooved that I wasn't anti-social, got it?

-------------------

Interpol Office, Los Angeles

 

"Good morning Mr. Drew, the President and other Vices have been waiting for you in the 7th floor meeting room." Mrs. Gray, my Dad's new secretary said with her usual stoic face.

I always thought that Mrs. Gray is like a robot. She always did what she had told and always be in her track. She was just too professional and arranged for me, and sometimes it's bothering.

"Alright. Thanks Mrs. Gray." My dad answered.

"You're welcome. Oh you should go there too Miss Drew." She added with her usual professional tone.

"Don’t I need to have my tutorial in the library? And call me Julie instead.” I retorted.

"I'm sorry Julie, your tutorial has been delayed because The President stated that you are really needed in that meeting." She explained.

"Gosh! What so important?” It was unusual for me to be called in that kind of meeting. Oh come on, I had never been in one before, and it somehow made me nervous but at the same time excited.

Mrs. Gray just shrugged her shoulder.

“Thanks Mrs. Gray, you can go back to your room now.” Mrs. Gray walked away obediently.

“Dad, where did you get her?” I whispered to my dad, made sure other members around us didn’t hear.

“The President gave me.” He whispered back.

“Is she trusted?”

“Of course, the president wouldn’t choose people without any skill or experience and  with an unclear backgrounds.”

“Good Morning, Mr. Drew and Julie. You’ve been waited inside.” The meeting room guards greeted while opened the door. My dad replied with a simple smile while I waved cheerfully at them before walked in. There was no need for me to act like a pro right? I was just a girl.

"Sorry for coming late, we have some problems with this young girl." Thanks for blamming me dad, I frowned.

"Okay let's just continue what we have left......" The President said.

"One of our agent in Seoul had made sure that Bae Young Joon's daughter studied in Seoul High School. Her name was Bae Soo Ji, but she prefers to be called Suzy. He found some indications that BY Group now is planning a huge hacking attack to important institutions in Korea with the goal of having the country under their full control.” Vice representative from South Korea explained.

“Why do they want to take over the country?” I asked, totally had no clue.

“Because the incident you made 2 years ago, Interpol and NPA already smelled his illegal business. I conclude that their activities are now limited because some people had suspected them and this thing has brought significant effect towards their income. They lost some of their drugs buyer and gambling center visitors. I guessed they thought by take full control over the country will make them feel safer. They can make South Korea resigned from Interpol and United Nation so that other country won’t be able to interfere with their internal affairs. This condition giving them chance to develop their illegal business so their income will back to normal or even increased.” Vice representative from United States explained.

'Oh great so I was the who started this.' 

“So South Korea is in a huge danger then....” I muttered.

“Not only the South Korea, but also the whole world. South Korea has made a huge impact towards the world nowadays. It is one of country with the highest rate of economic development in the world, and bunch of developing countries depends on South Korea’s help.”

‘That’s right, because K-Pop had spread all over the world, more people visited there, more people were interested to buy South Korean product, and more people were dying to have stuffs that were imported from there. No wonder their national income had increased significantly these past few years. It probably caused by the development of technologies there.’ 

“So if Korea is under BY Group's control and become unstable, the whole world will be influenced too. That's why it is so important for us to handle this problem." My fists clenched automatically hearing the word BY Group.

"We have decided that we have to take further action about this case. Our former plan to just seeking information will change into seeking information and also anticipate any attack that will threaten South Korea. And for this change, we have concluded that we should send another agent there to help our former agent. This agent will be responsible of spying Bae Soo Ji and find about BY Group’s hacking attack plan so we can anticipate the attack beforehand or at least stopped it when it’s happened. For this matter, we have decided that the best person for this task is you. Juliet Drew." Head of command and coordination center said.

“Wait what? Me? Are you sure?” It gave me heart attack, or maybe almost.

“We have no doubt that you will fit with this task.” He answered without any doubts.

"But I don't have any experience in being a spy." Oh really, how could they thought that I might be able to do this task.

"So this will be your first experience.”

“But why me?” First experience my face.

“The fact that you and Suzy are in the same age are the main reason. It will be easier for us to arrange role for you so you’ll be less suspicious for her. You can act as her friend and seek information about her dad. Beside your computer skills are one of the best in the whole Interpol. We can’t find any person that more fit with this task other than you.” The president said.

"Dad?" I begged help from my dad.

I was always excited of experiencing new thing, but this experience was different. This experience wasn’t just a normal experience. It needed a lot of responsibilities, and I had no confidence of doing it beside I didn't want to consider this task as my way of revenge BY Group of what they had done to my life, my mom.

"I don't really like the idea of being far away from you but I guess that's the best way and the most possible thing we can do now to solve this BY Group case. We've been chasing after them for 2 years and we still don’t have any significant progress." My father said.

"Honestly I hate the idea of being someone’s fake friend." She would hate me a lot once she found out I approached her for some specifics reason, if I was on her shoes I would.

“We don’t have any rights to forbid you from being her real friend, in fact. But we thought if she was proven participated in her father’s illegal activities, it will be harder for you to be objective and professional of doing this task further. We're afraid it will put you in a hard situation whether you should do what you are supposed to do as her friend or as our agent.” 

That's right, no one said that I couldn't be her real friend. I thought about it deeply. Few seconds passed and I already made my decicions. I took a deep breath and said

“Okay, for the world’s sake. I’m going to do this task.” 

"Great. For this task, you are given a Korean name, Park Tae Rin. Other than name, nothing has to be changed, at least until now. Got it?" The head said again.

“You already prepared a fake name for me?” They were always be prepared.

“In fact, you already has Korean name. This name was given by your mom's parent but since you live outside Korea and I’m not Korean you use your international name and my surname instead of your Korean one.” My father explained.

I had just known about my Korean Name.

"We'll signed you into the high school named Seoul High School. One of the best schools in South Korea. We also going to buy you an apartment in Gangnam district. You will live side by side with our former agent, Kim Myung Soo. We’re gonna make a conneting door between your and his apartment, remember to not let other people than Interpol staff members know the existence of this connecting door. You'll need to work together with him a lot so we are thinking about giving both of you easier access to each other. Since you don't have any physical abilities to defend yourself, we advised you to always stick with Myungsoo, in case bad things happened. In this state, you can count your safety to him. BY group got information really fast, and they also knew your face already. Although we have changed your name, I'm afraid that they still be able to remember and recognize you. We need to anticipate if someday they attack you with the intention of killing you because they know what's your real intention of being there." I was fully focused on the task explanation. Look? I could be serious too.

"You are going to work with the Korea National Police Agency for the hacking attack matter, you don’t need to meet them every day. Just make sure that you are visited their headquarters regularly at least once a week to monitor any hacking threat and getting any cybercrime updates from them. But still, you have to always be ready whenever they need your help. Don’t let people in the NPA know your real identity, because we are afraid that BY Group has planted their culprit in that institution. Report us if there are something suspicious about people there, so we could confirm if there are really BY Group’s culprit there or not. And if there really are, we can know who it is." I nodded at every single word he said.

“For the spying matter, you are going to need Myungsoo’s help. He already has more information about Suzy and has experienced doing this kind of task, so it is really important for you to corporate with him well.”

"Alright..... to simplify it, you need me to always stick with this Kim Myungsoo?"

"Yeah, we can say that.” He verified.

"Fine"

"Be close with Bae Soo Ji so you are able and seek information about BY Group as much as possible. Even if she doesn’t know his father illegal business, there must be something important she have because she is Bae Young Joon’s only child. A father will always be father towards his daughter. Get along with the NPA staffs well so they won’t feel bothered by your existence. Said the truth that you are the young agent sent from Interpol to help them deal with the cybercrime cases but don’t ever tell them that your main task here is to solve BY Group case and spying Bae Soo Ji. Understand?”

"Not really. But I'm gonna make it." I already tried focusing my mind to everything he explained but I still coudn't understand it. It was a little bit too complex for me.

"As the time goes, you will understand. It may still blur to you because you never did it before, but it's not as complicated as it heard. Prepare yourself while we are preparing for the documents you needed. It will take few days, during that period we will stop your private tutorial and replace it with the introduction of South Korean culture and behavior.”

"Roger that, Sir." There are a lot of things I had to do.

"I think that’s all for today. Julie, your responsibility, professionalism and commitment are really needed here so please do your best."

"Yes sir."

And with that everyone was dismissed.

---------------------

N/A

The 1st chapter has been posted, I hope you like this story because I really need your apreciations. Please feel free to subscribe or upvotes this story. I'm really glad if you take your time to evaluate this story in the comment box bellow. If you want to interract with me, feel free to wall or message me. Thanks for reading my story, I love youuuuu~~~~