My Hero

Ditched for the Hero


She hadn't shown up for hours too long. He waited, and waited for her. His patience almost reaching its limit. 

But because it was Joohye, he waited some more. 

Do Kyungsoo, or as people called him, D.O, was in a relationship with a pretty faced girl named Joohye. His friend Suho's younger sister. He liked her, and she liked him. 

So they just went for it. They just became official.

But D.O has heard from his other members what 'liking' someone should feel like. There was no denying that he did like Joohye, but he was uncomfortable around her. It was an awkward relationship.

According to Baekhyun, whom was madly and deeply in love with Ryejin, relationships aren't meant to be awkward. Much less uncomfortable. 

So why was it, that D.O's relationship felt that way? He didn't know.

But he had waited for her at most before up to an hour. She was always late, for goodness knows what reason. But today, she was about 3 hours late. Leaving poor Do Kyungsoo embarassed waiting 3 hours, sitting alone, with eaten spaghetti on his plate, and on her's an un-eaten and untouched lasagne. His elbow was propped onto the table with his chin on his palm, with a bored expression, looking lonely, waiting for Joohye.

Then, his phone beeped.

Oppa, sorry but...I don't think I'll be with you 

Kyungsoo frowned at this. 

Okay then, some othe time Joo? he texted back immediately.

The reply came 4 minutes after.

No I mean, like...I don't think I want to be with you.

That was what broke relationships. When one didn't feel right, when one felt uncomfortable, or when one simply didn't feel the attraction anymore. And the partner would feel hurt, fall into depression, possibly commit suicide.

But not for D.O.

He didn't feel that hurt. A slight pinch only, but not the aching pain Kai described to him wathcing Ryejin and Baekhyun together. So why didn't D.O feel the same ache? The only thing that hurt him then was his pride.

How dare she ditch me like this, dump me like this. Through a text. A freaking text. To say she's the younger sister of Suho. He huffed. He was angry, not that she dumped him. But the way she did it, the way she just left him, made him waste his precious time. He wasted 3 hours doing nothing but eating and staring.

D.O growled and scowled at this. She had just humiliated him. She ditched him.

She ditched me.

"Oh, who is this? Do Kyungpoo, right?" D.O whipped his head to the voice. His face grew hard. 

Shouyaki Nagisa.

The new exchange student. She had an ego. A big big ego. D.O found it impossibly irritating, he' rather be with Chanyeol than her. And that's saying something.

"What do you want Shouyucky?" D.O glared at her. "And don't call me by my full name." He said. Nagisa only scoffed and rolled her eyes. She took the seat opposite him, which was supposedly meant to be occupied by Joo. 

"Oh please, if you call me Shouyucky I call you Do Kyungpoo." She stuck her tongue out, and crossed her legs. She scanned the table, and spotted Joo's meal. Hungry, she her lips and beamed. 

"Hey, why are you- HEY THAT'S JOO'S." D.O yelled, attracting attention. Nagisa only looked at him and smiled.

"Well, she ain't your girl anymore, right? So...yeah, who's gonna eat this? Me!" She beamed and ate the food. 

"How do you know?"

"Cuz, I'm JAPANESE." She stuck her tongue out. And D.O scoffed at her childlike behavior.

"Who's gonna pay for that!?" D.O yelled yet again.

"You, duhr. If you were gonna pay for Joo, you're paying for this meal. And uh yeah so..." she continued to eat.

"Not if some pig ate it!" He yelled at her. "I'm not rich you know!" He huffed.

Silence dominated them. Nagisa just swallowed her food and muttered something which D.O couldn't catch, but he didn't care.

"I don't have neough to pay for both these meals! Joo usually pays for hers..." D.O said.

"I know."

"I can't pay for both of this!"

"I know!"

"STOP EATINGGGGG!!!" 

"I KNOW! OMG DO KYUNGPOO I KNOW!!!" 

And they were both glaring at each other.

Nagisa plugged in her earphones and tuned D.O out.

Unbelievable. What a jerk. She could at least try pay for her food. Gosh...what am I gonna do...D.O slapped a palm over his face. He stood up, and walked to the counter paying for his food.

"Oh, um sir its okay." the lady said.

"Hm?" He arched a brow.

"Someone has already paid for you." The lady said.

"Does she happen to be-"

"She left this for you." The lady handed him a small blue note with cursive handwritting.

"Thank you..." D.O mumbled and walked out of the cafe.

This was the Nth time someone has paid for his meals. The person had never revealed their name. Only leaving a blue note smelling like fresh vanilla and apples, weird combo but still... and a signature saying 'Hero'

Hey D.O, its Hero. I paid for you again, I know you're in a struggle for money. Accept my kind heartedness please. You may not know how I actually am, but instead of seeing me the way you want to, see me the way you should...when realise its me. Your welcome, and no problem.

signed, Hero

"Who exactly is Hero?" he heard a voice from behind. 

"oh my- GO AWAY NAGISA." D.O yelled. "You Japanese people are so stupid!"

"PSH US JAPANESE? STUPID?" Nagisa scoffed and put her hands on her hips.

"GO AWAY!!!!!" D.O yelled again.

"WHY SHOULD I?" She yelled back, going an even higher pitch than him.

"LALALALLALALAALALLALA!!! I CANT HEAR YOU!!! HEY PEOPLE, YOU HEAR ANYTHING?" D.O yelled and turned around in circles whilst covering his ears. What he didn't noice, was the disappointing expression on Nagisa. She could be asked to go away, asked to leave, be discriminated, but she couldn't be ignored.

All her life she was ignored. No one would ever listen. 

No one would, especially Do Kyungsoo.

She was disappointed, taht he wouldn't at least try to get to know her or listen to her.

"LALALLALALLALLALA"

Fine, don't listen to me. All I asked of you was to see the kind hearted me. Do Kyungpoo, you should at least try get to know a person before judging them the way you do. Nagisa frowned and literally almost cried. She couldn't stand being ignored by someone, especially Kyungsoo.

She was afterall, his Hero.

D.O opened one of his eyes, only to find that nuisance of a girl gone. He sighed in relief before looking back at the small paper.

He inspected it, the same scent. Vanilla and apples, weird scent. But it was the signature scent of his Hero, but...for some reason, he recognized this scent all too much. He didn't know why, but he did.

Hero. Why can't you reveal yourself to me? I'm sure i'd like you the way you are. D.O thought sighing again.

He really had no idea who his Hero was.

 

"Yah, D.O. Have you found out who Hero is yet?" Baekhyun asked. 

"No...but she paid for me. Again." D.O said. "I wish she'd just reveal herself to me. I want  to know so badly who it is!" D.O said pouting slightly. He never pouts.

"Omg did you just..." Baekhyun trailed off, after seeing teh look D.O gave him. Baekhyun only chuckled to it. "Well...to me, it sounds as though you are desperate man."

D.O turned a pink shade, something which never happened. Not even around Joo. Baekhyun found this to his amusement, interesting.

Does he...like Hero? Baekhyun smiled inwardly to himself.

It was time D.O found someone.

"W-Well, weren't you desperate to know that mysterious dancer you saw that day at Kai's dance studio?!" D.O said trying to make Baekhyun stutter. But Baekhyun only chuckled.

"Yeah, I was. Desperate as hell. Somehwat like you, maybe worse than you but, you're desperate to!" Baekhyun laughed. D.O hit him on the back.

"Hey, Do Kyungpoo." The laughter stopped and both males turned their attention to the voice, Nagisa.

"Omg leave me alone!" D.O threw his hands in the air. He pointed to her and yelled, "GO AWAYYYYY SHOUYUCKYYY"

What is it that he dislikes about her so much anyway? Baekhyun thought curiously.

What is it that he dislikes about me so much? Nagisa thought, feeling heavily disheartened. She was so nice to him, secretly yes, but she still was. Yet, he acted this way.

"No, I won't leave until you apologize to me for ignoring me yesterday." Nagisa said crossing her arms and raising a brow.

"No!"

"Uh yeah."

"Why should I?!"

"Because you hurt my feelings. And you could at least say thank you" she mumbled the last few words.

Baekhyun heard it though, and he thought that would have shut D.O up for sure, knowing he hurt a girl's feelings. But he was proved wrong.

"What feelings?! Gosh I hate you!!" He yelled.

Nagisa whimpered silently, truly hurt with his words, but as long as he was listening, it was fine. But...

"LALLALALALALA HEY BAEK, DO YOU HEAR SOMETHING?!" D.O closed his ears and eyes tuning Nagisa out, once more.

And she could have cried. Could have, but she was Shouyaki Nagisa, she wouldn't let that happen. Not infront of D.O.

Baekhyun took notice of her reaction. As she turned, her hair whipped round, near Baekhyun's face.

He caught a whiff of her perfume...and knew it was Hero.

Nagisa shook her head, and walked off, with a tight chest, staggered breaths, and a frail body.

The sight made Baekhyun frown. He was disappointed in D.O, for being so blind to feelings. Obvious feelings. It was painful, and Baekhyun knew that.

"Yah, you pabo!" Baekhyun hit D.Os head harshly, D.O winced and glared at the boy.

"WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?!"

"WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!?"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN-"

"Nagisa is your freaking Hero idiot." Baekhyun said. D.O widened his eyes for a millisecond then glared at Baekhyun.

"Shut up, you just want me to treat her nicely-"

"Dude, have you never noticed those blue paper notes she has in her pocket blouse?" D.O arched a brow. 

"What do you..." D.O trailed off.

But now that he thought of it, she did always have blue notes with her.

"Don't you recognize that perfume Nagisa wears?" Baekhyun said, pressing further. Hopefully opening D.O's dense mind.

D.O kept silent, thinking. She slapped him a lot of times, and he did smell fruits and vanilla on her...

"Not to mention she always brings apples to school, and loves to eat vanilla after lunch?" Baekhyun said. Baekhyun may come off as a blunt idiot, but really, he was observant.

"...no...she...does...She does..." D.O stared at his feet. Realizing that, maybe, Nagisa was his hero. Realizing his own thoughts, his eyes widened in panic and he started to blurt things out. "No, no no! This can't be, she;s nothing like what Hero writes in the notes-"

"Thats why it says 'Accept my kind heartedness please. You may not know how I actually am, but instead of seeing me the way you want to, see me the way you should...when you realize its me' Idiot." Baekhyun scoffed. "You better go thank her, apologise and try befrind her. She's done so much." Baekhyun said, walking off with his girlfriend Song Ryejin.

"Nagisa is...my hero?" He said, not fully convinced. Or rather, not wanting to be convinced. But the evidence, it all pointed to her. Baekhyun was right.

Baekhyun was unfortunately right.

"Nagisa is my hero..." 


I've been so obsessed with SJ's Hero. I HAD TO WRITE A ONESHOT WITH IT. Bu I chose to write one with Kyungsoo because at that time, I was having Kyungsoo feels...ehehe ^^' 

Kyungsoo's like my 3rd or 4th bias, so yeah :D

I also love Scandal the Japanese band <3 And 'Nagisa' is actually Rina Suzuki, the drummer :) She's so prettay, THEY ALL ARE <3

So yeah, And teh name Nagisa, from my favourite character in 'Free!' whom is actually a male, but has a female name so yeah aha NAGISA IS SO CUTE <3

I hope you enjoyed the oneshot, if you did please comment and subscribe ;D

--dear-baekhyun