Chapter 1: The start

Believe In Your Heart

Chapter 1: The Start

In this story, Amber Liu is a mafia boss's daughter. She has everything she have ever want in her life, but she doesn't feel satisfy at all.

You want to know why? Then let's travel back to when she was 4 years old first. That was when the life she was used to start to change for the worse, changing everything about the innocent 4 years old. 

[Traveling to 1996]

"Yiyun, your mommy is going shopping for your new clothes, so be a good little girl and be obedient to your daddy, okay?" Mrs. Liu smiled at her little girl with sadness and depression in her eyes, but of course the 4 years old girl could detect it.

"I don't want to, mommy!" Little Yiyun protested with a pout "Yiyun wants to go shopping for pretty dresses with her mommy!"

Mrs. Liu sighed silently and picked up Yiyun "Listen to your mommy, okay?" she asked and Yiyun nodded. "Tomorrow is your daddy's birthday so I'm going outside to buy his gift. Your daddy shouldn't know about this surprise, so I'm entrusting my little angel with guarding him so he wouldn't know about the surprise, okay?" she said and put Yiyun back down on the ground gently.

"Daddy's birthday is tomorrow?! Yiyun is going to help mommy! I will not let daddy know about anything!" Yiyun giggled.

Mrs. Liu smiled slightly at her daughter and patted her head lovingly.

"Well, I'm going now, I wouldn't want to be late to your daddy's surprise birthday tomorrow." she grinned at Yiyun fakedly "Give mommy a kiss now" she smiled and squat down to Yiyun's eye level.

Yiyun nodded and pecked her mother's cheek "I love you and daddy the most in the world, mommy!" she shouted before running back into the house and her room with happy and excited footsteps.

Mrs. Liu gazed at her daughter for the last time, a few tears slipped passed her eyelids but she quickly wiped them away so that nobody would see the wife of a mafia boss show any emotions, because she was not suppose to. 

"Mistress, I will be the one escorting you." a man with a big built muscular body wearing a black suit appeared behind Mrs. Liu, bowing to her slightly to show respect.

Mrs. Liu nodded.

"I hope you will live a happy life, Yiyun. I love you" 

The man stood there, waiting for a moment before reminding Mrs. Liu that they should get going. ~A/N: And with just that, Yiyun's mom disappeared from her life forever, leaving a huge scar in the fragile girl's heart that will never be able to heal~

Meanwhile, Yiyun was sitting in her room, bored out of her mind because there was nothing to do when the door suddenly busted open.

"Yiyun, daddy brought a little present for you!" Mr. Liu marched into Yiyun's bedroom with a group of four bodyguards behind him. And a little boy by his side.

'Wow, only young mistress could manipulate boss like that. I'm actually glad that she's going to be his successor' the group of bodyguards thought happily. Little did they know...

"Daddy, you brought me a present? Where is it? I want to see!" Yiyun sprang up from her bed and ran around her daddy to see if there's any hidden box, but there were none.

"I did indeed brought you a present, Yiyun. But he isn't an object. It's a boy, and I want you to meet him because I saw that you're lonely so I brought a friend for you to play with" Mr. Liu shoved the boy that was by his side a little bit too harshly toward Yiyun and the boy almost lost his balance as he stumbled clumsily toward Yiyun. "Meet..." Mr. Liu paused and looked at the little boy. "What's your name again?"

The little boy didn't answer him and as a result, one of the bodyguards launched at the boy.

"How dare you not answer a question asked by boss!" the bodyguard grabbed the boy's collar, choking him.

"Put-" Mr. Liu started but was cut off when he heard his daughter's voice.

"Put that boy down" Yiyun said, but it sounded more like an order with the dangerously low-pitch voice that Mr. Liu used when he's mad at someone, which always resulting in the person getting heavily wounded by him.

The bodyguard stared at the little girl in disbelief, but he didn't dare to disobey, and so he put down the little boy.

Meanwhile Mr. Liu looked at Yiyun with interest "So Yiyun got her personality from me after all. Good, now I won't have to find a good husband that can manage my clan well for me and at the same time able to attract Yiyun. Yiyun won't realize it now, but she's more dangerous than she seem" he thought gleefully.

"All of you please go out of my room. You too, daddy, but not the little boy" Yiyun sat back down on her bed and motion for the little boy to stand beside her bed.

Mr. Liu glanced at his daughter once and walked out of the room, followed by the bodyguards.

"And don't eavesdrops either, daddy!" she shouted as Mr. Liu was getting ready to press his ear to her room's door. He chuckled and went outside completely with his underlings and left the two kids some times alone.

The little boy waited for a while before getting onto his knee.

"Please don't kill me. I will do whatever you want, just please don't hurt me" he begged as Yiyun started to giggle.

'My life ended here' he thought silently to himself.

"What's your name?" Yiyun asked, interested in the boy now. Before she just want to save him and then let him go wherever he want to, but now she felt like keeping the boy by her side as her companion and friend.

"Huh?" th boy looked in surprise, not expecting Yiyun to act that way since she is a mafia boss's daughter.

"I'm asking what your name is. I'm Liu Yiyun. How about you?" she repeated the question with a smile and patted the spot next to her on her bed, gesturing for him to sit down and be comfortable.

The boy didn't understand what was going on at all. Not only is this girl not harming him, but she act like she's his friend...or want to be his friend. But he went to sit beside Yiyun anyway since he didn't want to get into trouble now.

"Introduce yourself!" Yiyun took the boy's hand and beamed a smile at him, making him flinched automatically.

"My name is Nam Yoon-do and I am 8 years old this year" he blurted out unconsciously.

Yiyun stared straight at him and for a second he thought he was in trouble, but then she squealed and hugged him tightly.

'Gosh, she has amazing strength for a 4 years old' Yoon-do thought.

"You're older than my by 4 years! Which make you my oppa!" she yelled happily and Yoon-do's eyes widened.

"O-Oppa?!?!?!" he gasped.

"Yup. You're Yiyun's oppa. I'm going to tell daddy to let you study and learn martial arts alongside with me so that you can protect me when I'm in trouble. You'll be my knight, right?" she asked with adorable puppy dog eyes.

Yoon-do unconsciously nodded and Yiyun's smile brightened. She hugged him tighter and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

He was the third person aside from Yiyun's parents that could receive Yiyun's kiss. And also the last for the rest of her childhood. Little did he know though, that the fast beating of his heart that day was because of her.

[Fasting forward to 2002, 6 years later]

When Yiyun asked her daddy if Yoon-do could study with her and be her bodyguard, Mr. Liu was reluctant at first but eventually gave in to his daughter's upgraded puppy dog eyes.

Now, Liu Yiyun is 10 and Nam Yoon-do is 14. They both have changed drastically over the few years and everybody knows that the next boss and her right-hand man will be the most powerful pair since the clan was created, even stronger than the heiress' father.

Liu Yiyun transformed into a cold-hearted assassin, no longer the cute girl that everyone want to protect. Instead, everybody in the clan fears their heiress, all except for her right-hand man. Right after the news about Mrs. Liu's murder was told to Yiyun, she instantly went into despair mode and no longer open her heart to anyone or bear any humanly emotion except for when she is with her childhood friend. She cut her long and beautiful dark brown hair until they were to half of her neck, and she started to get serious about learning martial arts. She trained and exceed her own limits everyday, even skipping school. Her intelligence is great, but she herself admitted that her right-hand man's intelligence is greater than hers. Her brown eyes that sued to be full of happy emotions were now empty a human's life emotions, but only filled with darkness and coldness. She now goes by the name Amber Liu.

Nam Yoon-do is not as cold-hearted as Amber, but he does have a fair share of being heartless. His intelligence is even higher than that of Amber's father's advisor, as he did learned from the man himself and many other.  His combating skills rival that of the best bodyguards in the Liu's residence. But he could never beat Amber in a one-on-one fight. He still remember the time when Amber said that she want him to be her knight, and he wishes with all his heart that she would let him fulfill his promise. He doesn't want to only be her right-hand man. He also wants to be a man that she can trust in to protect her whenever. And yes, Yoon-do can be heartless to anyone else beside Amber, because whenever he see Amber, his cold personality would always melt even if it's winter. But he still doesn't know about his feelings for her yet. He now goes by the name Eric Nam.

"Welcome back, young mistress!" a group of black-suits men greeted Amber as soon as she came into the studio.

Amber didn't even spare them a glance as she dropped her backpack and went o change into more comfortable clothes so she can practice her skills well.

"Eric, go change and meet me at the training room" Amber ordered.

"Yes, Amber. I will meet you there" Eric replied, knowing that everyone there was questioning as to how he was able to earn their young mistress' trust and was allowed to call her by her name without any honorific.

As Amber was walking to the studio, a man (ninja) appeared in front of her.

"Yiyun-ssi..." the man began but was cut off immediately.

"Amber-ssi" she said her own name in a cold voice, giving the man a death glare.

"A-Ah. I'm so sorry, Amber-ssi" the man stuttered nervously.

"Go on"

"Boss said to tell you that the weapons you ordered from abroad will be here this afternoon" the man reported, eyes staring straight at the boring wooden floor.

"Good. Tell father to order for me some new training clothes, 10, 000 missiles, 100,000 target boards, 1.000 pairs of arrows and bows, and some new rifles and guns. And also for me and Eric: 2 rifles, 2 guns, arrows and bows, the latest models for all of them. And also tell him to sent my new clothes and the things for my companion and I to my room." she finished, and the man instantly fled the scene.

"Sometimes I wonder how a ten years old girl can actually conquered the largest mafia organization in less than 2 years. Girls' revenge are scary" Eric chuckled as he appeared from behind her in training clothing.

"Don't make me regret saving you a few years back, Eric" Amber glanced at him creepily and continued to walk toward the training room.

Eric chuckled and continued to follow the girl, ruffling her hair once in a while just to get stomp on the feet by the young mistress herself.

But little did they know, Amber's life is about to be change again with a new mom stepping into the picture, and a new group of so-called enemies that actually want to protect her.