The End

Kissed in The Rain

Would you like to be kissed in the rain?

 

It had been a week since the two of us shared an umbrella on our way home from school. We began chatting happily about school and our personal lives and I knew that Chanyeol was one year older than me so I began calling him “oppa” even though at first, he hesitated because he felt embarrassed.

I thought it was very cute since I had a crush on him but I had to control my feelings. We didn’t lose contact though even the rainy season had ended days ago. When we were about to part ways, we exchanged phone numbers and our Facebook, Twitter and Kakaotalk accounts.

That was the main reason that I had always wanted school will end early; I wanted to talk with Chanyeol and I could feel my heart beating faster than adrenaline and butterflies in my stomach when I saw him replying to me. I would sometimes laugh at his replies since he was a very funny, sweet guy – he was the total package of a trustworthy man.

Now, I wished that the rainy season will come back so, I could see that red umbrella again and maybe, bring back the memories.

 

My wish was granted; the rainy season came back and I felt grateful, heaving a sigh in satisfaction as I saw the water droplets hitting my glass window back at home.

Today was a Sunday and I couldn’t wait for tomorrow since we had school. I began to search for the umbrella that I missed the most and my mouth hung pen as my eyes caught sight of something dazzling.

It caught my attention in just two seconds and before I knew, I felt that my face smashed (more like squished) the glass window. I couldn’t believe my eyes and I rubbed my eyes, blinking them because I wanted to make sure if the thing that I saw was clearly true.

My eyes didn’t lie at all and with that thought of mine, my lips curled into a huge mega-watt smile. It was the red umbrella and the holder was none other than mister Park Chanyeol.

 

The rain couldn’t stop since yesterday and I felt excited to go to school as I took my umbrella, adjusting my backpack on my shoulders. I made my way towards school, using the umbrella as a shield.

I waved happily at Hyelim, who was waiting for me at the school’s entrance as I skipped towards her. My uniform might be soaked due to the water puddles but I didn’t care, I could count that as an excuse.

“Wow, someone’s psyched today. What’s up, girlfriend?” Hyelim raised an eyebrow as she nudged her arm with mine, trying to know my secret.

I never told her about Chanyeol because I was afraid that she could tease me all day. She’ll might be a cupid and force me to confess to Chanyeol since she knew that I was too shy.

“Uh, it’s nothing, Hyelim. I just missed the rainy season,” I responded as I felt calm again, hoping that Hyelim wouldn’t question about my excitement.

My hopes were crushed when Hyelim let out a quiet giggle as she asked again, “Come on. From that look of yours, I knew that you had a secret that you hid behind me. Can you just please tell me?”

Ugh, she used those kitty eyes and she just knew me too well. I just couldn’t stand aegyo!

But I tried to deny anything by saying good-heartedly, “It’s nothing personal, Hyelim. You’ll know soon as the story unfolds.”

I cracked into a bright grin. I kind of looked like a news announcer. Hyelim just pouted at my words, letting out a light huff. “Fine, whatever you say. But do tell me the details soon!”

I laughed it off and nodded my head as my lips curled into a wide smile again like yesterday. My mind went towards the time when I saw Chanyeol, holding the red umbrella, which made my heart play a sweet rhythm.

“Come on, Nara – we’ll be late for class also, soaked wet if we just stood here!” With that, Hyelim took my hand and dragged me towards our class at the first block.

 

It was recess time and I chose my class as my hangout. I didn’t have the mood to eat food from the cafeteria so, I bought a milk bun and a small carton of orange juice from our school’s convenient store.

I munched on my bun as I turned my gaze at the window, heaving a deep sigh. I dearly missed Chanyeol’s red umbrella since it left me in a daze yesterday. I couldn’t believe he still had it after nearly three weeks since I saw him.

“Nara, is that you?” I was surprised at the deep, raspy voice calling me and I almost dropped my milk bun to the ground. I put the bun back into its plastic bag and turned my head.

It was Chanyeol in front of me unexpectedly and my heart began to play a sweet rhythm at the sight. I continued to look into his brown eyes without saying anything at all.

He was insanely gorgeous, especially when he wore the school uniform and this fact didn’t surprise me at all – he was carrying his beloved red umbrella again. But I was confused, why would he bring that umbrella?

“Nara, do you hear me?” Chanyeol snapped his fingers and cracked into a wide grin.

I brought myself back to reality and nodded my head, rubbing the back of my neck. I cracked into a sheepish smile, blushing faintly. “I’m sorry, oppa.”

“Ah, it’s okay. I missed your voice though. We only talked on social sites.”

“I’m also sorry that I forgot to text you yesterday. Just blame my forgetful brain.”

“Aw, you don’t have to be sorry. So, how are you doing today?” Chanyeol took a chair and sat on it, shifting it towards mine.

“I’m doing fine, oppa, thanks for asking. How about you?”

“Same here. So, do you want to play a game? I’m kind of bored now.” Chanyeol puffed his cheeks out, putting his umbrella down and I let out a quiet chuckle, thinking, Oppa’s very cute.

“Sure, we should play Truth or Dare. How that sounds?”

“That sounds cool.” Chanyeol nodded his head. “So, would you pick truth or dare?”

“I’d choose truth first.” I took a sip of my orange juice and waited patiently for Chanyeol to ask me a question. Chanyeol tapped his chin and began pondering into my thoughts, snapping his fingers.

“Well, I have a question that’s been stuck in my head for days. This question’s very cheesy.” Chanyeol’s cheeks turned a tint of crimson. “Would you like to be kissed in the rain?”

That question was like poison to me and it literally hit me. I began thinking about my feelings for Chanyeol mixed with the question. Of course, I would like to be kissed in the rain and the one beside me had to be Chanyeol but I was afraid that I’d be stuck in the friend zone.

“Uh.. a-about that, oppa, I-” Fortunately, the bell rang. Chanyeol heaved a deep sigh, standing up from the chair as he took his umbrella, planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

My cheeks flushed red than ever before and my heart beat faster than adrenaline as I held my breath. Chanyeol whispered softly into my ear,

Meet me at the school’s entrance after school, Nara – I’ll be waiting.

Those words left me in a daze as my eyes followed Chanyeol with every step he made. What could be waiting for me at the school’s entrance besides Chanyeol?

 

“Woah, Nara, wait up!” Hyelim ran after me from behind. School ended quite early today due to an annual meeting of the teachers and staffs.

I remembered my promise with Chanyeol so, I rushed to the school’s entrance, not forgetting to take my umbrella. I couldn’t make my crush wait for me.

I finally arrived at the school’s entrance and Chanyeol was none to be seen. I panted heavily, even though my uniform was soaking wet due to the heavy rain. Hyelim gripped onto my shoulder and looked at me, raising an eyebrow.

“What’s the fuss about, Nara? You’re such in a hurry.”

“I’m waiting for someone.” I felt nervous and looked around, trying to find Chanyeol as I shook the water droplets off my umbrella.

Suddenly, I could see Chanyeol coming towards me and I stood still, my eyes locked with his beautiful, brown ones. He smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck.

“I’m sorry if I’m late, Nara.”

“It’s okay, oppa. So, why are we here?” With that, Chanyeol circled his arm around me and used his umbrella to cover both of us. People began to gather around us and my cheeks flushed red, feeling very embarrassed.

“I’m asking you once again, would you like to be kissed in the rain?

“To be honest, I do.” My cheeks flushed more at my answer and my heart was beating faster than adrenaline. “Why do you ask me, oppa?”

Chanyeol leaned in and slowly crashed his lips against mine. I tried hard to hide my face in embarrassment – wait, did this mean that Chanyeol likes me too?

He released the kiss and pecked my lips softly, saying,

“I like you, Nara. Meeting you made me feel butterflies in my stomach and I knew you’re just the one for me. Talking with you made me laugh and I could feel chemistry between us. About the rest, we'll talk about it later."

I heaved a deep sigh in satisfaction and took his hand, intertwining our fingers together as I brought him closer. “I love you, oppa.”

With that, we kissed again and people burst into applause. My eyes also caught sight of Hyelim clapping her hands while whistling. Well, let’s just say that it all started with a red umbrella.