Because Today: We Wear A Mask.

Because Today: We Wear A Mask.
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL:

            Because Today: We Wear A Mask.

    fanfiction by: boy1a4


Slowly, with fingers pressed against the purple bruise printed on her pale and smooth skin, JeYun forced herself not to cry. No matter how much it crushed her inside and out, she demanded for no tear to be spilled tonight. It was the same routine; she thought she would have been used to it by now. The yelling, swearing and the beating — they happened quite often. She vividly remembered the punch she received on her cheek just awhile ago. The monster laid asleep on his king-sized bed in a chamber. She was his masterpiece (he would say). A work of art, stained, broken, and beaten to a pulp whenever he gets the chance to play the role of an 'artist'.
 
JeYun wanted a simple marriage life. Living in a comfortable house. With a caring husband. However, it seems her wish have not yet come true. Will it ever?
 
The neighbourhood was decorated with fake webs, ghost stickers, toy bats, warning signs, pumpkins; any items related to the celebration of 'Halloween' — a specific day (October 31st) in a year, dedicated to commemorate the dead, saints and faithful believers. Children would be seen outside dressed up in costumes, waiting for the perfect time to go 'Trick-Or-Treating'.
 
Sadly, the Jung's resident stood out of place with their lack of preparations. Truthfully, JeYun did want to decorate the house in plenty of dark and scary decors to join the other families, but held back when her husband angrily screamed at her for having such an idea. She bitterly closed the curtains of her room and walked back to her bed (a room separated from her partner) and forced herself to sleep. She was banned from having a cellphone, watching tv, talking loud and making friends. In other words, she was trapped, and officially alone in the world — forever tied to a beast she calls 'husband'.
 
A new morning rose the next day; JeYun began cleaning her room diligently, afraid to get another scolding from him. Despite it being hot in the house because of the heater, she wore black leggings and a long sleeve shirt to try to cover her new cuts. She quietly went donwstairs to the kitchen to cook her husband breakfast. The clock read 6 o'clock, which is the regular time she would always HAVE to wake up to serve her husband who goes to work at 9 o'clock. See the time difference?
 
She spoke no word as she got to work. After cooking a heavy breakfast filled with pancakes, eggs, bacon and toast; placed on top of a tray — she wasted no time in sweeping the already clean floor. To her husband, even if the house was free from dirt, he would always find a way to critize her cleaning and point to an 'invisible' spot of dust. He would pursue his comment to downgrade her and obtain a reason to give her a shove or a slap, which would occasionally be used to end the useless discussion. She was overpowered; all the time.
 
The sound of footsteps echoed through the house and JeYun couldn't control herself from panicking. 'He's not suppose to wake up until eight?!' She frantically swept the floor and avoid having to look at him, hoping that he would leave her alone. The tension in the air lingered as the figure approached her with ease. “JeYun-ah,” the person called. The girl froze and her heart started beating rapidly. The name he called her. It was absence from 'trash', 'troublesome', 'drag', 'worthless', and all the other negative character he had always called her. This was the very first time she has heard him say her name. Her real name.
 
Reluctantly, she stopped sweeping and leisurely took time in turning around. She faced him, but dared not to have eye contact then waited for the yelling to begin. She shut her eyes in anxiety. “What are you doing?” he asked innocently. “Open your eyes.” His voice sounded less demanding (she noted) and immediately she obeyed — afraid of getting punished again with a bat — remembering an incident that occured a few weeks ago when she resisted to his command.
 
Jung Daehyun. He was handsome; red, plump lips, smooth, pale skin, sharp nose, pretty, long eyelashes, big, dark-brown eyes and dry-coloured blonde hair. He was five foot eight in height and weighed sixty three kilograms. He comes from a middle-class family and works as a composer, writer and singing instructor at a company called TS Entertainment. She has never met one of his friends before. He was so seclude and mysterious. She knew so little of him although they were married.
 
Her vulnerable eyes looked into his soft and warm ones. She gasped. Where did the cold, hatred and empty gaze of his go? They were replaced by affection and emotions; she never knew he had. “Did you eat yet?” he questioned with a look of concern, eyeing her thin and fragile body. JeYun shook her head with a frown, letting her hair fall in front of her face. He lifted a hand and reached out to her. His sudden action made her instinctively flinch and crouch down in defence, waiting to get hit. He blinked once. Twice. Before letting his fingers her soft hair and curl them behind her ears. “Why don't we eat together.” It wasn't a question. He made it clear by tugging onto her wrist and hauling her to sit down on a chair beside his.
 
She unknowingly let out a whimper when she felt him grip on a bruise he had given her last night. He arched a brow before lightly pulling her sleeve upto her elbow. He traced the long cut and purple bump planted against her skin and pouted. He leaned in and gave the bruise a kiss. “You hurt yourself,” he said in observation.
 
JeYun fumed inside. They were his fault! He turned her into a punching bag last night, upset that his song wasn't accepted by the CEO. She retailed to the time where he kept yelling at how obnoxious his boss was and started working on "another art piece" to relieve his stress.
 
She examined him closely and was baffled at the sigh in front of her now, caring husband. Had his other side who always tortured her, vanish? The man in front of her had a clueless and pure expression on, but she didn't want to be deceived just yet. “You did it,” she hissed while taking her arm away from him and (courageously) shot him a glare. The test began.
 
Surprisingly, his expression fell. “I did?” he responded. “I don't remember.” He looked at her with sad eyes and it made her go weak in the knees. He looked sincere for the first time which made her hear skip a beat. Butterflies came fluttering inside her stomach and the test ended just like that. After everything he's done; she couldn't deny the fact that she was still madly in love with him. JeYun looked away and bit her cut lip. Daehyun saw a tiny bit of dry flesh in the corner of and he gently rubbed it with his thumb. His wife couldn't help but tear up. One thing was for sure, her husband has change. Although she didn't know what his intention was — why he was doing it — she didn't care. She liked this new man standing in front of her. “I didn't mean it.” He caressed her cheeks with his cozy hands and JeYun instantly relaxed in his hold. Her breath hitched as she looked at him in the eye.
 
The heat in the air lingered around them; the pace of her breathing came unsettling. He appeared delicate. Comforting. Loving. Tenderly. Deliberately, her emotions started taking control of her behaviour and the anger she felt for him for always hurting her, faded away. “C-Can I hug yo-uu..” Her voice came almost inaudible but he heard it. Daehyun grinned before enveloping her into an embrace. She immediately wrapped her arms around his tiny waist and laid her head on his chest, listening for his heartbeat. This was the first time she'd ever hugged him, nor had permission to even touch him. To the real him it may be nothing, but to her it meant everything. She really loved him.
 
“H a p p y  H a l l o w e e n.”
He whispered into her ears.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Her heart froze.
Her breathing stopped.
JeYun began crying inside.
How foolish of her!
She bitterly laughed.
Why else would the devil suddenly disappear?
It was Halloween.
The day for a change and have an opportunity to wear a costume.
 
The man she described as a monster actually had the indecency to play with her feelings. And she was foolish to have almost fallen for his tricks. Didn't she ask herself earlier to why the devil suddenly turned nice?
 
She slowly lifted her head to stare at his blank ones. The grip she had on him tensed, but his did not falter. Tears dwelled up on her eyes, but she refused to let them fall. “Let me guess..
Today, you decided on a costume to wear for Halloween.
 
Is it an angel mask?”
 
A smile appeared across his lips. He leaned in close to her face and mouthed the word “B I N G O.”
 
Tears welled up in her eyes. He was only acting nice because of the event, she didn't even think he would contribute to doing. The devil was wearing a mask — an angel mask — to disguise his bad intentions.  
 
“I-I don't want this,” she stammered as she jerked away from his arms.
 
“Why not?” His voice stayed soft; not transforming back. “I'm an angel now. I can no longer hurt you. I can give you love.”
 
“But you are hurting me by doing this!” she cried, looking at him as if he was insane.
 
In a swift move, he captured her lips into his and held her gently, ignoring her outburst. JeYun gasped and her tears fell one by one. Didn't he see how much she loved him? It hurt to know that he thought of all of this as a game. He was playing an angel. And she hated it because she knew he was far from being an angel. All the punches, kicks, slaps, she obtained — how can she see him as one?
 
But his words. It replayed inside her head. Just for today. Only for today. He would love her. The love she sought for a very long time — he would give it.
 
He urged her to give into his desire by her bruised lips. Her mind went crazy and she couldn't think straight. She focused herself on his hot and pleasurable mouth pressed on hers. He was willing to give her love. And once she couldn't take it anymore. The resist stopped then she came to a conclusion that she would let him.
 
She kissed him back.
 
Just for today. We'll be different people.
 
He trailed kisses on her exposed neck.
 
We'll love each other as if we were a normal couple.
 
The buttons of her long-sleeved shirt came undone.
 
I'll be the perfect housewife, while you be a caring husband.
 
His hand played with the strap of her bra.
 
I will love you just as I've always had. And you, will love me.
 
She wrapped her legs around his waist.
 
We'll pretend. Ignore our ravaging sanity.
 
He carried her and lead them to his room.
 
Because today, we wear a mask.
 
Their lips found each other once again and JeYun was thrown on the bed.
 
And we'll live in a world we know as fantasy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Dark-brown eyes were blinded by the sun. Her vision slowly came to place and she began observing the room she was in. The colourless wall, black curtains, hard bed and dull atmosphere were all too familiar. She felt her heart break at the sight of her room. Halloween was over. No more pretending. No more reason to wear a mask.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

How pitiful.


(a/n): messejii: [11/03/13] ;; hii :)!! this is just something i wrote to celebrate halloween although it just recently passed -_____- hope everyone liked the one-shot! do ignore my mistakes, i don't check over my work very well.

Subscribe, Comment and Add Me as a Friend if you'd like! annyeong~

cr: gif not mine.

do check out my on-going Daehyun Fanfiction called

THE ANNOYING PRINCE.

xoxo ♥ boy1a4 .out.