Teaser

Love's Equator

Teaser 

December 9th, 2020

Yoona woke up to see her dog, sleeping soundlessly next to her. Yoona simpered as she shut her eyes again. She could feel the sun beaming through her pearl white blinds and into her coral blue duvets. She peered at the digital alarm clock, that told the time of 8:50 AM. Her smile sank as she bolted into her bathroom. Her Maltese, Sugar, woke up in shock, looking at her Mommy clumsily dashing her way to the bathroom. Yoona quickly grabbed her Totoro tooth brush and shoved it into . She grabbed her socks from the beige hamper and quickly slipped it on. She grabbed her toothpaste tube, that barely had any left in it and squeezed a pea-sized amount onto the tooth brush she took out of a second ago. She the sink and ran the water under her tooth brush. She shoved it back in and brushed her teeth with her right hand while trying to wash her face with her free hand. She quickly spat out the excess toothpaste that remained in and rinsed . She grabs a face cloth and rubs her face quickly while heading through the door.

She throws the face cloth on the sleeping Maltese and heads to her vanity. She opens one drawer, revealing a pair of uniforms and crammed it into the duffel bag that laid right beside her vanity. She opened another drawer, exposing all of the randomly shoved clothes she placed in the drawer the other night. She took out a granite colored sweater and some matching jogging pants. She quickly slithered into the clothing and grab a hair tie that was in a pile with other hair bands. She grabbed her duffel bag and slipped on a pair of converses. She grabbed some dog food and placed it into the bowl.  " Bye Sugar!"  Yoona bid her good bye to Sugar before leaving the small basement apartment.

She ran to the nearest bus that would take her to Chungdam, Seoul. " Bus 111." Yoona pointed to the bus sign. She ran quickly to the bus stop and sat in the vacant benches. She looks around while panting, seeing many people staring at her weirdly. She grabs the hood and pulls it over her head. She opens her bag and grab out a pair of cream headphones and a light slate iPod. She plugged her headphones in and placed it over her ears. She sighed and looked down. She twirled her thumbs, feeling anxious. Yoona gulped, feeling ashamed. 

Yoona was the type to cover up. She doesn't like people. She's Anthropophobic. She feels agitated easily and gets dizzy when there is a crowd of at least four people. She usually takes prescribed medicine that Doctor Choi gives to her. It helps her calm down since she works at a café. It's a really good place in Chungdam, so many people visit, especially tourists and foreigners. Frequently, Yoona would be doing janitor work when it's rush hour. This would help her alot, since her boss knows what she's been going through. Donghae is a good boss. He knows everything about his employees; Yoona, Jessica and Tiffany. Yoona is the waitress and janitor. Tiffany is  the cashier and Jessica is the chef. It's really low on employees but they're loving like a real family, which Yoona loves. Although being in a bus for 10 minutes with alot of people is frightening for Yoona, Yoona would think it's worth it. Being paid is the best thing and being able to spend time with your 'family' is great.

The bus arrives and Yoona grabs her stuff and get on. She sits at the far back of the bus, where no one really sits at. It's more quiet at the back, and she would feel better. Less anxious, no uneasiness and better yet, more harmonious. She looked down at her sweater, and stuffed her hands in the pockets. She felt an old, crumpled, decrepit papery thing inside. She took it out, and it was a small envelope, that had never been opened. She looked at the front of the envelope, that had black ink writtened on it. The Hangul writing wasn't perfect, but it was still coherent. She looked at the date; December 9th, 2015. Yoona flipped the evelope to the other side, looking at the sticker attached at the back, still holding everything together. A sticker of a Totoro. She remembered the letter. She quickly shoved it back in her pocket, feeling jittery again. She looked around, noticing a man coming towards the back of the bus.

His face was covered, from the Ray Ban glasses and the charcoal colored scarf. His sandy brown hair was drooping down onto his faint face. His taupe-colored leather jacket was very familliar to Yoona, as if she seen it somewhere, in the past. But it could have been the same jacket, just not the one she known. He sat down by the empty beside her, making Yoona feel more uneasy. The bus money collector comes around Yoona and the handsome man with his bucket. " Ma'am, Sir, Money please." He said politely. Yoona noticed the man, scavenging his pocket for money. She heard him muttered, " Where is it?" Yoona pulled out 1,000 won from her canopy pocket of her duffel bag and threw it in the bucket. " For me and for him." Yoona said faintly. " Thank you, Ma'am. Have a safe ride." The bus money collector had left on that note. " Thanks." The man said. " No problem." Yoona said daintily. 

Yoona recognizes this voice from anywhere. It changed after a long period of time. The stagnation in his voice was a bit ruptured. His voice was a bit more raspy than before. It didn't had much of it's supple resonance. It was different, but still the same. widened agape. Yoona quickly scooted over to the window side. His presence wasn't as pleasing as before. It was very vulgar. She just wanted this ride to end as soon as possible and go to everyone else. 

" Arriving at Chungdam café. I repeat, Chungdam café." The bus driver spoke into the microphone. Yoona snapped away from that thought and grabbed her duffel bag. She got off the platform and ran out through the back doors of the bus. She quickly ran across the street and into the café without looking back. She got in, seeing Tiffany scared from Yoona's abrupted appearance. " Y-Yoona-shi..." Tiffany said. " Oh, hey Tiffany." Yoona said in a serene way. 

Tiffany, a worker at Chungdam café. She is one of Yoona's closest friends. She's only 2 years older than Yoona, 22. Tiffany is a radiant woman. She has this beautiful eye smile, which brightens one's day. Her recently dyed, scarlet locks would always cascade down her back, no matter in a ponytail or any updos. Her eyes would shimmer like a black cat in the night. She was appealing, stunning and splendid. She has this angelic personality that can adjust and adapt to anything. She is really dependable but sometimes, it can annoy Yoona and everyone else. Tiffany was right behind the counter and the cash register. She wore her uniform and had her bright eye smile on. Her hair was tied in a messy ponytail, which look cute. 

Tiffany gleamed her smile towards Yoona, forgetting the sudden emergence. " You're late." Tiffany tilted her head. " I know, don't remind me!" Yoona pouted. Yoona dropped her duffel bag onto one of the tables that had its chairs down and sat down in one of those chairs. " Sugar kept on waking me up in the middle of the night." Yoona groaned as she rubbed her nape. " Sweetie, dogs are like that." Tiffany rolled her eyes and grinned as she sprayed the counter full with some cleaning chemicals. " You should get ready before Donghae gets back from the bakery." Tiffany said as she wipes down the remaining chemicals on the counter. Donghae runs inside with a bag full of bread. He steps on the mat, making a ringing sound. " Speak of the devil." Yoona sighed as Tiffany chuckles.

Donghae is the owner of the café. He understands Yoona completely. He is a very fatherly-like figure to Yoona. He is a bit harsh in his shell-like brain. Under that suave looking body, there is a bitter and bleak soul. He's like Jessica-which I'll talk about later, but a little more sweeter. His midnight-colored black hair would always flow to his right, unless her does his hair for a fancy occasion. Alot of people found him dapper, but Yoona finds him a bit cocky, but she still loves him as a dad-ish, since he's 28. Compared to Yoona, they have this very big . Donghae takes off his denim blue sweater and places it on the coat rack for the employees only. He wore a black dress shirt with some denims and some dilapidated shoes. 

" Yoona, you're not in your uniform!" Donghae said, noticing Yoona slouching off before opening hours. Yoona pouted, " I know the drill." Yoona trudged to the storage room with her duffel bag. " Morning, Donghae oppa." Tiffany smiled. " Hey Tiff. Have you seen Jessica?" Donghae said, being the old grumpy troll he's always been. " Not yet. She told me she's having a day off today." Tiffany said, putting away the cleaning equipment. " Again?! This is the 7th time this week! I'm not baking again!" Donghae exclaimed, while putting the bag onto the counter. " Do you know where she is?" Donghae asked. " Probably with Hyun Seok. You know that she is so intrigue with him." Tiffany rolled her eyes. 

Yoona tied her golden brown locks into a simple bun. She flattened down her uniform she just implanted on her body. She clipped the name tag onto her uniform's chest pocket and headed through the doors, forgetting about the duffel bag. She comes out in a rush, causing a few strands to fly out. She quickly ran to the other side of the counter, grabbing the mop bucket and the mop. She plunges the mop into the water inside the bucket and starts to mop the floor. Donghae comes up behind Yoona, scaring the life out of her. " Donghae oppa! Don't scare me like that!" She said, dropping the mop onto the floor. " Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to, Yoongie. Have you seen Jessica though?" Donghae asked, chuckling at the sight of Yoona. " I think I might've." Yoona wondered. " Really?" Donghae's grinned. " Nope. Jokes on you!" Yoona laughed. Donghae pouted, feeling sad she deluded him. " Alright. Now get back to work." Donghae said, loosing his interest in Yoona. Yoona sighed and picked up the mop. She contiuned to mop the floor, carelessly. 

Donghae went to the counter, standing by the opposite side of Tiffany. He leaned in to Tiffany, who was busy cleaning the cash register. " Isn't Yoongie's appointment today with doctor Choi at 11:00 AM?" Donghae asked. Tiffany gave a simple nod while humming to her favorite song that she's been listening since forever. " Can you go with her? I can't today since I'm busy taking Jessica's shift again." Donghae said, feeling frustrated with saying Jessica's name.Tiffany stopped humming and looked up from the counter. " But I've never been to a hospital in a long time! You know that! Can't she just go alone or something? I can take Jessica's shift!" Tiffany insisted. " No can do! Someone needs to protect Yoongie! And doctor Choi left to a foreign medical building. They only speak English. Yoona needs the medication! You know that well!" Donghae whispered loudly. He didn't want to make Yoona feel sad about it and make her go on her own. " Just do it for Yoona, please." Donghae said, placing his hand on Tiffany's shoulder. " F-fine! But you owe me!" Tiffany moved her shoulder away from Donghae's hand and continued to clean.

It was 9:30 in the morning and only 3 customers came so far. Lucky for Yoona, she didn't get to work on rush hour today. " Yo, get me a medium sized latte." A high schooler said. " Sure thing, kid." Tiffany smiled. She grabbed a slip from the machine and wrote '003' on the back of the slip. She passed it to the high schooler. " Go sit at a table and our waitress will bring it to you." Tiffany said. " Whatever." As the high schooler walk away from Tiffany and sat a table near a window. Yoona comes up to Tiffany, who was brewing the young high schooler's latte. " What order is next?" Yoona asked, holding a silver tray. " The kid who is sitting by the window." Tiffany pointed out. Yoona looked, but the high schooler was looking at the window, so she couldn't see the kid's face. Tiffany passes the mug to Yoona. " Give it to him." Yoona places the mug onto her tray and walked over to the young boy after taking a couple of deep breaths. 

She walks over to him, hearing some song blasting through his earbuds that were plugged into his ears. " S-sir, your o-order." Yoona stammered. He just simply ignored her and took his drink. Yoona quickly bowed and ran back to the counter. " What's wrong Yoona?" Tiffany asked. " The guy acts like he hates me." Yoona whispered, making sure he wouldn't hear her. " But he seems so familiar. The song he was listening to....It was my favorite song ever since I was a sophomore in my high school days..." Yoona said, reminiscing memories.

December 12th, 2015

Yoona sat along the road benches, breathing the sulky air that gloomed around the school. A tall, handsome boy that was wearing the same uniform came and sat next to Yoona. Yoona was irritated by his presences. " Oh Sehun! What are you doing here?" Yoona asked in a harsh tone. He smiled and stared at the cloudy grey sky. " Are you suppose to be with him today?" He asked. Yoona looked at him, annoyed. " When will you stop interfering with me and him? Why do you do that?" Yoona kept on asking. He looked at her, without a smile. " Because I like you." Sehun just told her straight out. Yoona was confused. How was it possible for a guy that kept on annoying her, like her? It was really unexpected. " W-what? What did you say?" Yoona asked in confusion. Sehun just looked back to the sky. He pulled out his earbuds from his pocket and plugged it into his iPod that was in his other pocket. He plugged in the right bud into Yoona's ear and the left one into his. Yoona just sighed and slumped onto the bench. She just decided to listen to the music.

" What song was that?" Yoona asked once the song was over. " Kara's Runaway." Sehun said as he closed his eyes. " Really? I never expected a song like that from them." Yoona grinned. " Are you feeling better?" Sehun asked, looking at Yoona this time. Yoona looked back, and smiled. " Yeah. I think so." She replied in a soft voice. " Then, can you leave him and go to me?" Sehun asked, readjusting his position. Yoona's smile dimmed away as he said those words. " Sehun, stop confusing me." Yoona said, as she looked away. " Yoona." Sehun called out. Yoona looked to him as he dived in for a peck. Yoona's eyes had widened when he pulled away. " Sehun..." Yoona said softly. Sehun leaned far away from her and cleared his throat. " Yoona..." A familiar voice had called out. Sehun and Yoona looked to their right and was shocked at who called out. Yoona replied as she stood up. " Luhan!"

December 9th, 2020

" Yoona!" Jessica snapped her fingers in front of Yoona's face. Yoona woke up to reality and saw her unnie in front of her. " Sica unnie!" Yoona said in shock. " Donghae oppa is going to kill you!"  Jessica is the other closest friend to Yoona. She's the chef at the café. Jessica is a immature girl inside a 26 year old body. She has trouble with expressing feelings and being herself so she often acts cold. But she is really nice and a reliable friend for anyone. Everyone at the café consider Jessica to be the 'mother' of the 'family'. Her sedona locks descended down onto her aquamarine, cashmere sweater. Her white skinnies displayed the figure of her angular legs and her black pumps made her look 4 inches taller. Jessica pulled the strands away from her face and gleamed a gentle, tender smile. " Are you seeing doctor Choi today?"

" Yep! I hear Tiffany is going with me." Yoona smiled. Jessica's face sullen. " I wanted to go. Donghae is going to kill me." Jessica explained the expression on her face. " Too bad, too sad. You're fault for spending the morning with Hyun Seok." Yoona giggled. " Jessica!" Donghae said, as he spotted her from far. " Oh ..." Jessica said as Yoona laughed. " Good luck unnie." Yoona patted her shoulder and walked away.

Yoona walked up to the highschooler. " Hey, kid. You done?" Yoona asked, feeling more relaxed as she stared at the empty mug. " I'll take that as a yes." Yoona said, taking the the mug, which seem to have money in it once she heard the change rattling inside the warm mug. Yoona gave the mug to Tffany. Tiffany poured the mug's content onto the counter, as some money and some excess liquid poured out. " Oh great!" Tiffany said as she went to grab a cloth. Yoona noticed a piece of paper, laying ontop of the pile of coins. She opened the note and her eyes revealed a shock. Is that song still your favorite? Meet me at Chungdam park. Today at 8:30PM. Be there. The note read. " Oh Sehun!" Yoona muttered to herself. Yoona turned to the table but he was gone. Yoona clenched onto the note.

" Ready?" Tiffany asked Yoona as they were getting ready. " Oh. Yep. Let me just get my bag in the storage closet." Yoona said rushing into the closet. Tiffany looked at the time, 9:56 AM. A man comes walking into the café, frightening Tiffany. He looks at the nametag of Tiffany's, that was almost concealed by her jacket. " Hi, Tiffany. Can I order something?" He asked. " Oh, sorry sir. I'm not working now, so can you go up front?" Tiffany pointed to the counter with Donghae playing around with the cashier register. " It's okay. I would like to probably be served by a pretty woman. Can you reserve for me though?" He asked in a flirty way. " Sure." Tiffany said, as her face flushed a bright pink color. " What's your name?" Tiffany said, as she grabbed a pen. " Xi Luhan." He said as Tiffany wrote down his name on her hand. " Bye." He said as she smiled back to him. He left as Yoona walked in with her duffel bag on. " I'm ready! Let's go!" Yoona huffed.


Hey! Author here! I just wanted to say that I worked hard on this teaser, So I hope you don't mind. And yes, I do know that my foreword looks so horrible right now! I hope you like this teaser.  Annyeong! P.S. I did not proof-read this.