Sparkling Star

One Late Night in Summer

 

                “ You’re not coming alone?” SungGyu raised his eyesbrow in confusion and continue his gaze towards a girl beside MinHyun. She’s smiling politely and nodded to SungGyu.

                “ It’s Naru, don’t you remember she also come with me last winter?” SungGyu shrugged casually and MinHyun instantly hit his head with purse.” This grandpa need more vitamin, his memory getting more weak lately.”

                “ Yes, and I get my vitamin right now.” SungGyu pinch MinHyun’s nose lightly and chuckled. WooHyun must be teach him this kind of stuff, MinHyun rolls her eyes.” But she can’t go with us now.” MinHyun look at him like say ‘why’.” I will tell you later.” He continued and smile.

                “ It’s okay, I now where I could stay for a night after you comeback unnie. You won’t go more than one day right?”

                “ Let’s see.” SungGyu grinned but MinHyun quickly elbowed him.

                “ How could you do this to her. She came all the way here but now we leave her alone.it’s freaking 8 hours you know.Rude.” MinHyun pouted.

                “ Well. At least we could have lunch together first. Let’s go, I know nearby café with delicious food.”

                “ You always remember about food really well.” MinHyun grumbled and walk behind SungGyu.

 

===

                “ So. You called WooHyun to pick her up?” MinHyun titled her head to see SungGyu’s expression while sipping his coffee. He just humming for answer and MinHyun doesn’t look satisfied, she hissed and throw her gaze outside.” Why don’t you tell me earlier?”

                “ WooHyun asked me to keep this as secret.” But why , MinHyun questioning in her mind.” You know somethimes he’s being tricky, don’t worry everything’s will be alright.” SungGyu pats MinHyun’s shoulder softly.

                “ I just think, they’re not that close and probably Naru wouldn’t feel comfortable with WooHyun around.”

                “ So, where’re are you going after this.” Naru’s voice snapped back MinHyun and SungGyu from that secret conversation.

                “ You should ask him.” MinHyun straightened her seat and pointed SungGyu.

                “ Secret.”

                “ Don’t you dare to do something weird to unnie, I will report you to police.” SungGyu brust in laughter. How could he do something weird to the girl he loved.

                “ Okay okay I won’t.” SungGyu raised his hand up.” And we have to go now, let’s go.” SungGyu grabbed MinHyun’s wrist and leave café. Naru following from behind, how she love to see SungGyu taking care of MinHyun.

                “ Oh, he’s here.” Naru following SungGyu’s gaze, a white car arrived and park right behind SungGyu’s black audi. A guy with white shirt and spec coming up from the car and waves at them.” Do you remember him?” Naru nodded slowly as the guy approached them.

                “ Hey, you should change your clothes first. I’m not calling you for meeting or something.” SungGyu throw judging stare at him and WooHyun just stratch his back of head.” Are you not going to greet MinHyun?” SungGyu scolded. But MinHyun immediately hit his arm.

                “ I wonder how WooHyun could survive all this time, you must be having hard time with this stubborn grandpa.”

                “ Ya!” MinHyun glare and SungGyu hold his words at seconds causing a big laughter comes out from WooHyun.                

                “ You know Noona, he never been like this to anyone,”

                “ Of course MinHyun is exception.” He glanced at his girlfriend and unconsciously a warm smile plastered on his face, the one realized it is only WooHyun.

                “ We have to go now, WooHyun please take care of Naru nicely. We will be away for one night …. Or more I’m not sure.” SungGyu chuckled by himself.

                “ You’re going crazy Hyung.” WooHyun smirked.” Noona, please be careful, he can be dangerous sometimes.”

                “ I will bite him if he’s being weird.”

                “ Are you a dog?”

                “ Whatever, are we going now?” SungGyu nodded and wrap his arm around MinHyun’s shoulder. They’re perfect match, at least for Naru.

                “ So, we’re going now. Take care.” SungGyu dragged MinHyun along with him, opening passenger door for her before sat on driver seat.

===

                “ Can you come for a second?”  30 minutes, Naru starring at her phone screen. WooHyun asked her to meet him downstair but she’s hesitate. Should she come or not ? it’s almost midnight and meeting a guy even she know him before still quite strange for her. What if he do something bad to her, MinHyun and SungGyu out of city and nobody would help her.

                Naru shook her head, try to get off any bad thought about WooHyun. Maybe I left something on his car. She quickly get up and leave her room.

===

                Summer breeze hit Naru’s face right when she came out from hostel. She wear short , t-shirt, and slipper, she doesn’t even think to change her clothes. Her eyes locked to a figure who stand a cross the road, his body leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. A strong wind swaying his hair uncontrolable.

                The pair of eyes slowly opened, locked into Naru’s eyes. Causing a strange feeling inside her chest and sudden hot in her face. He smiled at her and walked casually towards her.

                “ W-what are you doing here?” Naru mentally slap because sudden flutter comes out from her lips. WooHyun chuckled and pull out something from his pocket.

                “ Happy Birthday.” Like a bomb throw into her face, Naru just remember it’s November 1st, her birthday.

                “ Thank you.” WooHyun handed his gift with a huge smile.” How could you remember,” I mean, it’s just my second meet with him but how could he knows it’s my birthday.

                “ I will explain everything, if you don’t mind there’s a ramyeon shop nearby. We can talk there.” WooHyun offered, unciously she nodded.

                “ Wait a minute, I should change my clothes and bring my wallet.” But WooHyun grabbed her wrist and shake his head.

                “ It’s fine, you’re pretty even with this clothes.” He smiled and lead her to the car.

===

                “ It must be nice if we could see the stars from here.” WooHyun and Naru stopped at a small ramyeon shop in front of Han River. They also have some seat outside so everyone could enjoy the view and night breeze.” Sadly there’s no any.” Naru look a bit disappointment.

                “ At least you have one star now.” WooHyun said.

                “ Huh?”

                “ Open your box. I hope you won’t be sad anymore.”

                He’s right, Naru has a star now. Her own star. “ Thank You.” She wishpered, almost sounds like she’s crying.” But why?”

                WooHyun raised his eyesbrow.” You haven’t explain anything.”

                “ Ah … “ WooHyun nodded but he still confused about … everything.” Where should I start.”

                Suddenly a weird silence wrapped around them, they’re secretly glance at each other. But finally WooHyun take a step forward.

                “ I’m never believe love at the first sight, I would tell people who said that is dumb. Including SungGyu hyung. I always wonder how can he loves MinHyun Noona that much with pretty girls surrounding him. Even SungGyu Hyung couldn’t answer my question and I clearly remember what he said ‘sometimes things happen without a reason.” Naru bit her bottom lips, she know where the conversation going to but she doesn’t want to fall on her own conclusion.

                “ Do you mean …. “ Naru paused. WooHyun chuckled.

                “ It’s first time. A girl didn’t even notice I was looking for her, she doesn’t even care who I am. People said I am a player, yes I could say that was true. I dated with A today but maybe breakup on the same day. A lot of girls crying because I am hurting them, I realized it now. How does it feels when someone was ignoring me. It’s hurts, a lot. Since that time, I promise to be a better person. I won’t playing with girls heart anymore because I don’t want do the same thing to her. I wan’t to take care of her well, protect her well, I promise.”

                “ The problem is , does she notice me now ? Does my only princess know I was trying my best to be a better person, for her.” WooHyun let out a heavy sigh, his face fall.

                “ You shouldn’t change for her.” WooHyun lifted his face, starring at Naru.” Or anyone else. You should change for yourself. No matter how precious she is, you should treasure yourself before anyone else.”

                Another heavy sighed escaped from WooHyun’s lips.” And since you already try your best, she must be noticed you now. Like that.” Naru pointed out  a small sparkles at the sky.” Dark cloud finally  step aside, letting a brightess star to show it’s shine.”

                “ Star.” WooHyun mumbled.

                “ yes, I finally see the star. My star.” Naru’s eyes locked, but not to star at the sky but to the star in front of her." The name is Nam WooHyun." She wishpered with a sift gently breeze touching her face. 

                Woohyun change his gaze, and smile. Finally, she noticed me.