Phase One

Brain 2

|Brain 2|

 

"Welcome to my home, Jessica," Mr. Kwon gave a soft smile to the teenager who was in awe at the large house. He placed a hand on Jessica's back and gently led Jessica into the house as the girl looked around, blinking repeatedly to make sure she wasn't imagining things.

 

"Woah," Jessica breathed, "Big house," she stated in a kid-like manner.

 

"Yeah, look, this is your room," he opened a light blue door that led to a bedroom. Jessica's eyes twinkled in delight as she noticed the large Pikachu pillow on the white bed, "Chuuu!" she exclaimed, bounding over on her feet before jumping onto the bed, hugging the pillow.

 

Mr. Kwon smiled, Mr. Jung had told him that Jessica had an extra liking to the Pokemon Pikachu because he called her 'Sicachu,' Jessica puckered her lips and made kissing sounds to the pillow, "Chu, chu, chu, chu." 

 

The middle-aged man chuckled, "Alright, why don't we go out and eat, you can meet my wife and my daughter too,"

 

Jessica looked over, processing the words before she released the pillow, getting up, "Okay." she replied in her unique voice that Mr. Kwon found cute. This was definitely going to be a patient he enjoyed working with.

 

"Where's my mommy?" Jessica questioned as Mr. Kwon brought her to the kitchen. All the maids and the butlers stared at the girl with smiles on their faces, "And my daddy?" Jessica added, looking up at the man in question.

 

"You're going to stay with me for a while," Mr. Kwon answered, pulling out a chair for Jessica, who sat down, blinking innocently, "I am?" she replied. Mr. Kwon hummed, "You can just call me uncle, okay?"

 

"Okay, uncle," she smiled widely, showing off her white teeth. Mr. Kwon patted Jessica's head before turning to one of the maids, "Ah, will you please call my wife and my daughter down for dinner?" The elderly woman nodded and scurried up the stairs, off to call his wife and daughter.

 

A middle aged woman walked down the stairs first, smiling on the way, "Is this Jessica?" she asked, looking at the girl who was sitting down. Jessica looked up before nodding vigorously, "I'm Jessica!" she stated proudly, lips curving up in a smile.

 

"Wow, you're very pretty," Mrs. Kwon complimented as she took a seat next to Jessica. The girl simply smiled in response and turned her head as a new person walked down the stairs, "Who is she?"

 

It was Mr. Kwon's daughter, Kwon Yuri. Seventeen years old with straight black hair and tan skin with a slim body. She was currently wearing a tank top that rode up and loose sweatpants that revealed some of her hip bone and waist.

 

"Ah, Yuri, this is Jessica. She'll be staying with us for a while," Mr. Kwon smiled, connecting eyes with Yuri, who had just woken from a short nap. Yuri ran a hand through her hair, "Okay," she mumbled, taking a seat next to her mom while Mr. Kwon sat next to Jessica.

 

Jessica blinked at the tan girl as she walked by but Yuri paid no attention to her. Mr. Kwon spoke to Jessica, "That's Yuri, my daughter," he introduced. Jessica nodded and glanced at Yuri before Mr. Kwon placed a plate in front of Jessica.

 

"Here, eat up,"

 

-

 

"You can clean up in the bathroom, do you need any help?" Mrs. Kwon smiled as she walked Jessica to her room, which had a personal bathroom for Jessica. Jessica looked up at Mrs. Kwon innocently, "Help me?" she asked lightly. Mrs. Kwon gave a laugh, "Well I have to go to work right now," then Yuri walked by, "Yuri!" she called out, making the girl stop mid-walk.

 

"Yes?" Yuri asked, turning around. Mrs. Kwon pointed to Jessica, "Help Jessica clean up, would you?" Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, "What? Why can't you or dad do it?"

 

Mrs. Kwon sighed, "Yuri, please. I have to go to work and Jessica is a teenage girl who wouldn't want a grown man looking at her," The tan girl rolled her eyes and walked over, "Fine, whatever, come on," she grumbled.

 

Jessica didn't move until Mrs. Kwon gently patted her back, "Don't worry, Yuri is a nice girl once you get to know her, go on," she whispered softly. Jessica followed Yuri into the bathroom and stood as Yuri started up the bath.

 

"You know how to shower by yourself, don't you?" Yuri asked, turning her head to look at the girl who was standing by the door. Jessica shook her head once.

 

"What? Do you expect me to cleanse your body for you?" Yuri asked in surprise. Jessica paused, taking a moment to understand the words before she nodded once.

 

"How old are you exactly?" Yuri questioned, not knowing about Jessica's case. "I'm four," Jessica stated. Yuri scoffed, "Yeah, right. Seriously, how old are you?"

 

"Four!" Jessica stated, slightly aggravated that Yuri wasn't believing her. Yuri flinched back before grumbling, "Alright, alright, sheesh,"

 

"Well?" Yuri raised an eyebrow at Jessica, who was still standing and fully clothed, "You don't shower in your clothes, do you?" Jessica raised both her arms up and waited for something. Yuri blinked at Jessica, "What in the world are you doing?" she asked.

 

Jessica stayed silent. After understanding what Jessica wanted, Yuri groaned, "Seriously," she mumbled, walking over and lifting Jessica's shirt over her arm, leaving Jessica in a thin tank top, which Yuri helped her out of as well, "You can't even take your own clothes off?" Yuri grumbled in disbelief as Jessica placed a hand on her shoulder, taking her pants off.

 

"There, now go inside the tub and I'll clean you," Yuri ordered. Jessica obeyed and slid her body into the warm water. Yuri took a deep breath before grabbing the soap bar, "Do not splash me," she warned but Jessica did exactly what Yuri didn't want her to. She splashed Yuri.

 

And after she splashed Yuri, a look of pure, innocent happiness appeared on her face as her eyes turned into upside down 'U's and her white teeth were exposed in a wide smile. Meanwhile Yuri spat out the water that had gotten into and glared at Jessica, who didn't seem affected by it.

 

"You're lucky you're my father's patient or you would've gotten it from me," she warned, wiping Jessica's shoulder with the soap bar. Jessica released a giggle and it made Yuri pause for a second before she continued cleaning.

 

-

 

"Alright, enough," Yuri stated as she put her hands under Jessica's arms and lifted the girl easily out of the tub. Jessica squealed at the sudden coldness and clung to Yuri. Yuri groaned and peeled Jessica off of her, wrapping the girl in a towel, "You got me all wet," Yuri stated, glaring at Jessica who blinked twice before releasing yet another giggle.

 

"You're so annoying," Yuri mumbled. She had just met Jessica yet she had to give her a bath, "Here, put these on," Yuri handed out a pair of sweat pants and a tank top along with some undergarments. Jessica stared at the articles of clothing before Yuri huffed a breath of annoyance, "Put your arm up," she ordered, losing her patience.

 

And after Jessica was all ready for bed, Yuri walked Jessica to her bed, "Now go to sleep you annoying little piece of-" she started before catching herself and taking deep breaths, "Calm down, Yuri," Yuri whispered to herself before looking at Jessica, who was standing by her bed.

 

"What? Aren't you going to get in bed?" Yuri asked, staring at the girl oddly, "You want me to tuck you in?" Yuri asked sarcastically before giving a laugh but her laughter stopped when Jessica nodded, "Seriously," she muttered for the nth time before pulling the blankets up, "Go," Yuri ordered and Jessica slipped into the bed, immediately hugging the Pikachu pillow.

 

Yuri fixed the blanket, pulling it up to Jessica's chest, "There, are you happy now?" Jessica didn't reply as she nuzzled her face into Pikachu, humming to herself the Pokemon theme song.

 

Yuri couldn't help the smile that escaped, the scene was just too cute.

 

-

 

"So, how was bathing time?" Mr. Kwon asked Yuri. Yuri looked down at her slightly damp tank top, "It could've gone better," she grumbled. Her father laughed and patted Yuri on the back, "Thanks for doing that, Yuri,"

 

"Yeah, sure," she replied.

 

"Her brain stopped ageing when she was four and since then it's been stuck at four," Mr. Kwon explained. Yuri blinked, "Is that even possible?"

 

"It is now," Mr. Kwon shrugged, "And I expect you to take care of Jessica with me,"

 

"What? But she's your patient, not mine,"

 

"Yuri," Mr. Kwon dragged her name out in a warning tone. Yuri groaned, "Okay, fine,"

 

"That's my girl. Don't worry, it'll be fun," he smiled and walked to his room.

 

"Fun? Yeah, right,"