001

la nouvelle vague

 


Baekha’s life are something that is coveted by all the girls in the Seoul, she was born as the daughter of famous fashion designer Byun Byunshil and a dad of a soda beverage CEO, she wouldn’t find herself running out of a clothes to wear or a need to saves up money to buy things that she wants.


Her school marks are impressive, she excelled the most in art and economics, she was in a high school debate contest team in a national scale last year and won 1st place. Her talking skills are good, perhaps it was running from the genes of a well-doing business people from her parents.


She is also pretty, with a petite feature and a long piano fingers, her hair is goldish brown and falls smoothly as if it came from a shampoo commercial, with a fair skin and thin beige lips.


Coming from a perfect life like that, though, makes Baekha turns to be a very picky person.


She is now reaching her 18 and she has never dated anyone, she does having a list of things that her future companion should do. The future boyfriend should definitely come from a family with a similar family background as hers, she wouldn’t want to date someone that is poorer, and she wants the man to be doing great academically too, and of course, having a tall and dazzling feature that would makes her drooling over the so-called man.


It is suppose to be Park Chanyeol, her first love since she was 10 that comes from Park family who owns a broadcasting station, she always think of him as her future prince, he cheered her up, and their family meets up a lot anyway, so she really believed that her end game would be Chanyeol.


Not until she caught him making out with her bestbestbestbest friend ever Kim Jongna one of the room during a house party in Wuyifan’s (another boy in their clique) party.


She still remembers when a man already tried to push her and warned her to don’t look on that direction but Baekha as usual is stubborn, so she still fight the man and peeked inside the half opened room, only to disappoints herself with the view.


“Kim Junmyun, what are you even doing here? This is not a party for people like you!” she turned the topic, pretending that she didn’t see anything just now, Junmyun is standing there in his black suit and hair slicked to the side and Baekha finds him pretty hot in this manner without his worn out GAP sweater but she tries to distract herself to think more about those kind of thoughts on Junmyun.


“Oh sure, princess Baekha who thinks that everyone is peasants,” he is being sarcastic for the first time with Baekha, they never really liked each other anyway, Junmyun is the intern at her father’s company and somehow occasionally, she would met the older man lounging around her house in her spare time (which bugs her a lot because she knew that Jongna used to date this guy).


There’s nothing from Junmyun that seemed to be likeable since the beginning for Baekha. He didn’t come from a rich family, he’s just a middle class worker that she finds lucky enough to become a person that her dad likes and (somehow, though it’s irritating) even Jongna liked him. But she doesn’t really see anything from the man himself, she finds him boring in his worn out thin sweater and grandpa-like clothing and his cheesy jokes, not to mention how Junmyun has this nickname on Baekha that she really hates to hear, “Spoiled Princess”.


Baekha felt like crying. She wasn’t sure why, but she ended bursting into tears. She felt upset with what she just saw and somehow Junmyun is not helping with the mocking.


“- Are you for serious-” Junmyun leaves a deep sigh, “Where’s that girl on fire that I heard managed to blackmailed a teacher on her tape if you didn’t get choose as the homecoming queen in high school?”


“Hug me,” she hits his chest multiple times in annoyance.


“What?” Junmyun doesn’t sure on how to react.


“Just hug me! I feel awful and horrible - can’t you see that my crush is all over my closest friend’s lips and how am I suppose to laugh, duh!” she nags brattily on Junmyun.


Pitying her since he never saw Baekha to be this fragile, they hugged for a moment.


But Baekha will always be Baekha with all of the plots in her head, just when they walked down to the ballroom after she wiped her tears, she kissed Junmyun in the public when they are walking near at Jongna and Chanyeol’s direction.




“you’re the worst.” Junmyun told her after they left the party outside for a smoking break (And also he needs some explanation about the thing that happened previously.)


“stop acting like I stole your first kiss! it was just a press of lips in like 3 seconds anyway, nothing personal.” Baekha glares back.


“nothing personal as I can tell that you purposely kissed me in front of them. Jongna would kill me by now if she might think that I’m doing you as a rebound or something-”


“I can explain her about that, I’m an excellent speaker unlike you, and I am sure that she would understand the circumstances about me and you.”


“Fine. Whatever. Now that I got to back home earlier since the screening starts tomorrow at 9, see you.” Junmyun is still being polite and bowed to Baekha despite on how rude Baekha acts in front of him.


“Wait, what screening?”


“They’re playing this Jean Luc Godard marathon at Arte, only for tomorrow,”


“Is it the one in Songpa-Gu?”

“Correct,” Junmyun answers, gazes back at Baekha.


“Can you bring me there?”


“I didn’t know that you’re a fan of Godard? I thought that the only French name that you might know is Lanvin and Chanel,” he mocks.


“I didn’t know that you’re into french cinemas too, I thought that your only hobby is only cycling in Han River before going to my father’s office to do the reports.” she mocks back.







In two weeks. Baekha started to spending time frequently with Junmyun. Since the (not a movie date) happened, they run themselves into a deep discussion about the movies and talked around 2 hours, and though Baekha hates it, she realizes that she has a lot of similarities with Junmyun on her interest.



“I love Le Petit Prince too, I still re-reads that even until now, Jongna said that I was too childish for reading such things in my 20s but I don’t really care,”


“Oh God- Same!! I still have the limited original french copy of that in my private bookshelf!! Chanyeol said that it’s just an ordinary children’s book- like how could he told me that it’s or-di-na-ry!?”


They stared at each other deeply, as if they could really tell on what are they thinking right now. Their mind is in sync. Junmyun pins Baekha against the wall of her bedroom and his tongue pushes deeply inside hers.


“Don’t you think that we are actually cooler than them,” Baekha breaks the kiss, her breath is uneven between her voice, “We loves jazz and old french movies and paintings and orchestra recital, Chanyeol eats McDonalds and listens to that awful hip hop music,”


“Jongna wears some tacky glittery dress that I actually hated,”


“I think I know what you mean, that one was a really horrible choice,”


“Shall we continue this?” Junmyun asks, “I’m gonna do you like one of the french girls,” he seductively smiles (seductively)


“I think it’s better if you’re being quiet, Junmyeon-sshi,” she deadpans as she continues to kiss him again.