Issue

Sports Issue
As far as she was concerned, Hyun Joong was the biggest soccer fan she ever had the displeasure of being around during game time. He was the loudest, most obnoxious person she had ever met when it came to yelling at people who couldn’t even hear him. The living room of the SS501 dorms literally was the Sports Center of Korea.
 
Commentary was made on absolutely everything with this boy. Every play was scrutinized, picked apart to the very last detail. Even after the game, there was a huge controversy between Hyun Joong and the television set, which refused to argue back.
 
The worst part of it all was when Hyun Joong would ask her opinion on something she had no knowledge about. She didn’t know how to answer, she didn’t even know how to BS her answer either. She flat out just never had any idea what he was talking about.
 
Whenever a game would be on, she would desperately try to find a shopping buddy. But today it seemed as though she was out of luck. Her friend Jessica had stopped by with Donghae earlier in the day, but she wasn’t able to go because she had work. So there Tiffany sat on the couch next to her boyfriend adorned in a Seoul local soccer jersey, sitting on the edge of his seat, getting ready to stand at any moment and protest a call or a play whereas Tiffany, who had her headphones shoved as far into her ears as possible with the volume high enough to drown him out.
 
“I love how he doesn’t even care that I’m giving you attention instead of him, or the fact that he’s not getting jealous that you’re giving me attention,” Tiffany commented, taking one of her ear buds out as she lay her head on the lap of Donghae, who had his opposite leg crossed, one of his arms set out across the back of the couch as he her hair away from her face.
 
“You should know better than anyone what a soccer fan he is,” Donghae replied with a soft chuckle.
 
Tiffany sighed, shoving her headphone back into her ear, laying her head comfortably back onto Donghae’s leg. Occasionally she could feel less pressure on the couch, which was when she figured he stood and yelled at the television, or more, when he calmed his down and sat back down.
 
After what seemed like forever, Tiffany could see Hyun Joong cross her path and she took out her music. “Is the game over?” she asked.
 
“No,” Donghae replied. “It’s only half time and joong’s team is losing, he probably left to go blow off some steam.”
 
Rolling her eyes, Tiffany turned her music off, complaining about how if he was going to get so worked up; he might as well just not watch the game at all. She felt bad that she wasn’t all that considerate for his feelings towards sports, but she could hardly say she cared. She was never like this with him with anything she did, so she didn’t think it was fair.
 
She lifted herself out of her laying position to head to the kitchen to get something to drink, brushing shoulders with Hyun Joong—who surprisingly didn’t say a word to her—before making her way to their room, having enough of Hyun Joong’s sports fanatic attitude.
 
Lying in there for what seemed like forever, Fany’s eyes shot open when she heard a discussion in the main room after the yells and protests died down. “You know, Tiffany’s a little upset that you basically ignore her existence whenever there’s a game on. You didn’t even notice that she was laying on my lap the whole first half,” Donghae mentioned.
 
She sunk down into the bed. First of all, she didn’t even ask for Donghae’s help, and even if she did, that definitely would not be the way she would want him to go about it. “And you just sat there and let her?” Hyun Joong asked.
 
“You wouldn’t have noticed one way or another. She might as well get some attention while her boyfriend is completely neglecting her just because of a damn sports game, so I gave her the affection she deserved,” he replied. Though their voices were quiet, Hyun Joong’s was ringing in her head. She could only imagine the kind of conversation they would have once she entered the room. “There’s a reason she didn’t say anything to you in the kitchen. She might as well let you know how she feels.”
 
Hyun Joong was silent, too long for comfort by the way she felt. “Maybe she’d feel a little better if you went to go talk to her. Be sweet about it. She loves you, Hyun Joong, you should start treating her like it,” Donghae commented, getting a look from Hyun Joong that basically told him not to preach to him about how to treat his girlfriend.
 
But as Hyun Joong made his way to their room, Donghae’s words sunk in. Maybe he was right, maybe he ignored her a little too much during his game. It was just a game, the team would be around for who knows how long. Tiffany, however, might not be around for that much longer if he continues this way. Insecurity sunk into Hyun Joong; he felt guilty, scared, and unsure as he pushed open the slightly cracked door to their bedroom, watching Tiffany lay relaxingly on the bed, covered with the sheets and comforter, clinging onto it like she would in bed with him.
 
“Fany?” he inquired in a whisper. Her eyes cracked open to look at him, a glint of green glimmering in the hazel of them before she shut them again, shifting to regain comfort. “Baby, I’m sorry for ignoring you during the game,” he said, stopping himself before he could continue about how important the game was. He knew that was something she didn’t want to hear right now.
 
As he approached the bed, Tiffany let go an agitated sigh. “Fany, please,” he said, letting go a sigh of his own as he pushed a hand through his hair.
 
“It doesn’t even matter, Hyun Joong,” she said, rolling to face away from him. There was a little venom in her voice, and for once, he easily detected her displeasure with him.
 
He stood there in the middle of the floor, the wind blowing through from the balcony door hitting his back as he tried to think of something to say. He opened his mouth just to close it back up, swallowing his words. “Look, I’m sorry. I don’t want to be on bad terms with you. If you want me to stop watching the games, I will,” he said.
 
“It’s not even that! You can watch the games all you want! I just wish you wouldn’t act like I don’t exist, or tell me to shut up when I try to ask you what’s going on. I tried to learn, I tried to get what was going on, but you wouldn’t even let me do that! Just forget it, Hyun Joong, I don’t even care,” she said, turning towards him and turning away, throwing the covers back over her head in the process of verbally attacking him.
 
“You know what you need?” he asked, peeling his jersey away from his body before pulling the covers back on the bed, climbing in with his basketball shorts to cuddle up against her back after throwing the pillow that was between them to the floor. “You just need some love,” he whispered into her ear, toying the lobe of it with his warm tongue, his hot breath beating against her neck and jaw as his hand slide up and down the outside of her leg.
 
Stubbornly, Tiffany shoved his hand away from her leg.
 
“Fany, stop, please,” he said, throwing the covers away from them to turn her onto her back. Coming from her left, he bridged his way over her, supporting himself with both his hands on either side of her before leaning down to tenderly kiss her lips, but she refused and turned her head away.
 
Sighing, Hyun Joong moved his way to settle between her legs, his right hand reaching up to touch her jaw softly with his fingertips, turning her head back towards him. He whispered her name quietly, tilting her jaw up and leaned down again, but again she turned her head away from him.
 
“Kiss me baby, because I need you,” he whispered to her. Again, he leaned down, hopefully meeting lips with hers, but didn’t. This time, he didn’t care, he kissed her cheek willingly, her temple, feathering over her jaw, her neck, farther down to rip the collar open slightly on the shirt she was wearing—a plain grey tee of his—to kiss down her collar, softly at the base of her neck before getting up, whispering his love to her.
 
Before he could get very far, her slender hand wrapped around his thick, muscled arm, her thin fingers sensually rubbing circles into his bicep before she pulled him back onto the bed. “How sorry are you?”
 
“I’m so sorry, baby. I promise you it will never happen again. I love you so much,” he said, leaning down to feather a kiss on her lips, successfully this time. But he didn’t pull away at a successful feather. His tongue immediately found her supple bottom lip, across it fervently before being met by her warm tongue.
 
A short, passionate session of sweet kisses was exchanged. “Do you love me?” Hyun Joong asked, kissing down her neck.
 
“I do,” she replied quietly.
 
“How much?” he asked, his deep brown eyes suddenly meeting her hazel orbs.
 
“More than anything in the world, despite how mad you make me sometimes. I love you, a lot,” she replied, pushing his bangs to the side of his face as he hovered over her.
 
“What can I do to make it up to you?” he asked.
 
“You’re a pathetic loser, Hyun Joong. Sappy and hopeless,” Tiffany said, watching him frown, his eyes becoming upset. “I love everything about you. Even the fact that you’re a sappy, hopeless, pathetic loser; you’re too sweet. The man I need,” she added, watching his eyes pick up as he smiled at her. “I think that was enough payback,” she winked, down his back as she arced her body against his.
 
“You’re mean,” he said, his hand finding her lower back, rubbing in inane circles and shapes to make her arch harder against him.
 
“What can I do to make it up to you?” she mocked.
 
“Make me hot for you,” he replied with a seductive wink, trailing her hand down his chest until it reached his waistband. She smirked, pulling her hand away before pushing against his chest, rolling him off her, but his grip on her back was so secure, she rolled right on top of him, making it easier for him to access the sensitive skin of the small of her back, drawing over it with his nail.
 
“You already are hot for me,” she replied once she rolled on top of him, feeling him press against her lower abdomen, craning her neck to rub her nose against his for a moment. “You’re super cute,” she said, kissing his lips before rolling off him and off the bed.
 
He frowned, letting his head fall back against the pillow.
 
He knew she couldn’t resist him once she felt how ready he was.
 
She’d be back.
 
He knew it.